Madhur

*The sound of infinity*

15 posts in this topic

Just watched this video and wondering at what extent can it defined to be true, is AUM the only sound that form this pattern of infinity or there are some other sounds too, and also if i meditate on the sound of AUM will I get better and faster mystical experience like psychedelics ? Please share your any thoughts about AUM and it's experience if you had any, thanks.

I ain't never heard Infinity have a sound. It's silent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

mistaking symbol for the infinity.... Very funny

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I ain't never heard Infinity have a sound. It's silent.

It's a common belief from the Hindu heritage. Sadhguru stresses about it in Inner Engineering

@docs20 that's a different context, it might have some usefulness to align oneself, but it's not infinity.

I always say Aum. OM is probably the better spelling than Aum. It's basically saying Om. 

More than sound of Infinity, it is considered the sound of the universe that is closely related to the holy trinity of Hinduism including Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. 

So we say in hinduism, Om Brahmane Namah which means paying a salute to the Auspicious Brahma. 

This is saying Om, just like the trumpet of an elephant  or someone uses the Conch Shell or Shankh in hinduism to create a deep sound that resonates and sounds like the ocean. 

When the conch is blown with controlled breath, the primordial sound of "Om" emanates from it. This is the sound of the primordial, the beginning of the universe and life first began in water. So water is the primordial force 

Therefore Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu are all shown on water during primordial stages 

Mahavishnu rests on water with the serpent before he exhales for the universe to begin. 

Of course this is all mythology but ancient mythology was a patterned system of communicating ideas. 

So here the message is celebrating and saluting and respecting the Universe with a salutory Om. 

Saying Om is used for Om Jaap Meditation which is a mantra bead meditation that I do. 

Here a dog says Om. 

I showed this video to my boyfriend and he has begun to say Om in his meditations and he feels very peaceful after singing Om. 

A conch used for creating Om sound 

442w4y.jpg

While saying Om, say it slowly, deeply, peacefully and for as long as you can hold your breath, not putting too much pressure, just a gentle Om sound. 

Om is generally used as a prefix or beginning salutation in many mantras. 

In some ways om can be considered similar to the use of the word HOLY.

In Hinduism, many mantras begin with a salutation, either it is Shri (pronounced as Shree) or Om. 

Now in Buddhism, we use Om as well. 

The mantra that most commonly uses the Om is Om Mani Padme Hum which translates as "the jewel is in the lotus." 

When we say Om Namah Shiva or Shivay we are saluting the Auspicious Shiva 

In some way saying Om is like saying "now I'm one with the universe." 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I heard that Aum is a mantra that when chanted slowly vibrates all your chakras from the bottom up. Try it. Saying Mm vibrates your throat, thats easy to find out. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I heard that Aum is a mantra that when chanted slowly vibrates all your chakras from the bottom up. Try it. Saying Mm vibrates your throat, thats easy to find out. 

Yes Om is also used in chakra healing to bring about the vibration of the universe within you. When this universal energy enters you through this sound or chant, it energizes and activates all chakras. 

40 minutes ago, Amit said:

Purple stage discussion

Reducing the whole discussion just down to semantics.

What stage is this?

12 minutes ago, fi1ghtclub said:

Reducing the whole discussion just down to semantics.

What stage is this?

Lower stages aren't necessarily "bad". Stage purple is cool :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I have heard some sounds when doing Kriya Yoga. And I can say it was a profound experience because the sense of self was disappearing while listening to it. But it didn't resemble anything you normally hear, it was like celestial instruments, that's the best way I can describe it. My best yoga session was when I could listen to it late at night.

Are those sounds important? I guess so when doing yoga.

@Preety_India so does it mean that without OM there is no enlightenment because the way you described OM is like becoming one with everything and this prolly means that at one point or another one will experience OM in his/her journey to enlightenment because that's what enlightenment is about which is, becoming one with the universe, if it's the case then why leo has not described anything like this in his videos of becoming enlightened....the context here is that the experience may differ to one another but eventually becoming enlightened is same in the big picture  so why is it that some experience OM and some not.

P.s: idk if this question makes any sense or it is just worthless childish question, but I am young, new & curious at this so yeah why not... and also my english is quite okay-ish, so pardon me for that, I hope you understand what I am trying to say here :))

Edited by Madhur

A better experiment might be something like this, but hooking up a microphone to it and chanting the mantras through the mic.

7 hours ago, Madhur said:

@Preety_India so does it mean that without OM there is no enlightenment because the way you described OM is like becoming one with everything and this prolly means that at one point or another one will experience OM in his/her journey to enlightenment because that's what enlightenment is about which is, becoming one with the universe, if it's the case then why leo has not described anything like this in his videos of becoming enlightened....the context here is that the experience may differ to one another but eventually becoming enlightened is same in the big picture  so why is it that some experience OM and some not.

P.s: idk if this question makes any sense or it is just worthless childish question, but I am young, new & curious at this so yeah why not... and also my english is quite okay-ish, so pardon me for that, I hope you understand what I am trying to say here :))

Hmm. I don't know if it has anything to do with enlightenment. It's a chant and used for mantras and salutory reasons. And it's used to achieve the same result you want from meditation. It is a great accompaniment for a meditation especially for older folks who find it difficult to concentrate and use it as a tool to remain in the present moment along with the Jaap meditation. I'm not sure how this was linked to enlightenment though. 

It's a supplementary feature for meditation practitioners similar to the Tibetan gong or singing bowl or prayer wheel. So I don't think it's linked to enlightenment.