Surprise
Sadness
Disgust
Hate
Anger
Anticipation
Guilt

Is love a mental state?
Yes, love is a feeling of caring for, a strong preference for, a reverence for, a good will acceptance of

And these things can apply to love of things, experiences, people, gods,  

Feelings are mental experiences, which arise as the brain interprets emotions,
and emotions themselves physical states arising from the body’s responses to external stimuli.
Feelings are sparked by emotions and colored by thoughts, memories,
and images that have become subconsciously linked with that particular emotion.

Someone could love ice cream,  another person romantically, animals, their child, a god, an experience, people, themselves

Love does not describe a constant state.   Feelings come and go.  It is not an object. 
What about accepting everything?  That is not love that is a philosophical position and hypothetical. 
Acceptance is not always a feeling therefore not always love.  To accept means to agree to receive whether willingly or reluctantly,
to willingly take something that is offered; to say “yes” to an offer, or to not resist a situation.
Suppose someone was hurting your child. If you accepted everything you would do nothing to stop it.
That is not love.   Acceptance can be a form of love but it is only so when it is a feeling of good will. 
Surrendering may be positive or negative.  It could be done to allow love to occur but
it is not love.  Surrendering means giving up control over a situation, accepting a situation. 
 But like love, acceptance and surrendering are temporary things.   
And love is not always good. You might love doing bad things.  All love is not good love. 
Love is a feeling and it is one type of feeling among many. 
And one can give or receive love, one can love, hate or be indifferent towards something. 
These other feelings are part of reality just like love is. If they weren't there would be no word for love. 
Is a god love?  No. That is a different word. A god could love but love is not a god. 
Are there such things as "higher" and "lower" forms of love?   
 Generally people thinking in these hierarchical terms might rank
love of a god or love of one's child to be above romantic love or love for an object or an experience. 
However these are all feelings and love by definition is a feeling. 
Feelings are intrinsic to being human.  They come and they go and are a part of being alive. 
Love can be beneficial. If people love you they often will help you if you need help.
If there is a "higher" form of love that is it, helping one another. 

You have a very complicated relationship with Love xD

Love is the substance from which everything is made of :x

"Love is an open secret, the most obvious thing in the world and the most hidden, with no why to how it keeps its mystery." Rumi

Beautiful how he describes the things you cant put in words

This love is easy to describe. Infinite Gods love can't be put into words. The moment when I realized that the very light comming out of my lamp was love I was in such a bliss.

Mahadev

1 hour ago, acidgoofy said:

Love is the substance from which everything is made of

In my opinion to say love is a substance is a child-like made up magical idea.     

There is already a word for substance it's substance and a word for everything, everything. 
The love that human beings can have for each and other living things or of a god is feeling considered  a strong feeling,  like liking but more intense and devoted.  It is something considered highly valuable. 

However saying love is a substance and higher forms of it are beyond humanity degrades this human feeling   It borrows the word's connotation, a warm feeling that one associates with the feeling of loving or being loved and then tries to apply it to the substance of everything to legitimize it.    And then it's used as an excuse to disregard evil and hate which are not less real than hate but to pretend only love exists.   

The effect of that is to dilute and undermine what love is, to switch it's meaning back and forth and sever it from human feeling, trying to turn it into an intellectual concept and clubhouse hand sign.   
That in my opinion is grandiose and it confuses people  into thinking love is an abstraction, that there is some kind of "higher" form of love, not a feeling but a substance or a rare experience, it's "higher" form only available to a select few. 

It is an attempt to usurp a word's human connotation and turn it into a religious concept that only a priest or "master" teacher has access to and describe properly.  
That is actually selfishness and narcissism masquerading as love.  It's using the word "love" as an ideology.

Love is an action.   It's not saying "love" all the time.   It's doing 

Yes it is truly magical..

You know I could write whatever I want but it wont explain what I mean, maybe substance is not the perfect word but its the best way I can describe it from my experience. I also cant deny that it when you say love is a feeling because everything is love..

I am not saying love is a higher form beyond humans.. what I am saying is that humans are made of infinite love. You could connect the word to a warm feeling or the way your mom cares about you but love is infinite and once you stop holding on and let go you will explode with love for no reason.

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

not a feeling but a substance or a rare experience, it's "higher" form only available to a select few.

How could it not be available for everyone if its your nature? You dont have to master anything as I said let go of fear and you will see that you are it

4 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

with no why to how it keeps its mystery.

There is certainly a why.

Love must be a mytery so that you can recieve the greatest gift in the universe: it's discovery.

You hid Love from yourself precisely so that you could receive the gift of realizing that all is Love.

If Love wasn't hidden, it wouldn't be Total.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

everything is love..

I am not saying love is a higher form beyond humans.. what I am saying is that humans are made of infinite love.

Are animals made of infinite love?  
Are rocks made out of "infinite love" ?  It sounds cool but it's child-like and makes no sense.  

Saying things are made of love, joy, or fear is an abstract intellectual idea or could be construed as a religious concept especially if you also say you are not referring to a feeling.    
That renders the word meaningless if not a synonym for "everything". 
If the intent is to say "everything" or "part of everything" there is no sense in using the word love which 
has other connotations, all referring to a type feeling, a type of affection or preference or reverence for 

Love is a feeling. Feelings are temporal not infinite.  It is a simple thing we all experience. There is no need to intellectualize it or make it arcane. 
"Infinity" is also an abstract concept not a thing or feeling.
Such words words are often used to attempt to be extreme and grandiose about something
Saying humans are "made of infinite love" is equivalent to saying "everything is made of everything" 
There is no point in using the word "love" if that is what's intended.
Hitler hated some people and perhaps loved others 
But he was not made of hate or love or anger.  To talk about something being made of a feeling makes no sense.
And then to say it means a different type of love that is not a feeling is to obliterate the meaning of love further.
Saying love is synonym of "everything" or substance" or "life" or "the universe" is an attempt to be mystical but it undermines what love really is. 
And if someone says "love is absolute acceptance of everything "  that is not the definition of love either. For something to be love
it does not have to be acceptance of everything  and even to raise the idea that love is acceptance , acceptance is back to a human behavior not anything like a substance.
If one says " accept everything" that is a clear thought not a confusing corruption of a word if not it would make mores sense 
to esteem the word "acceptance"  but is the universe made up of "acceptance" ? 
No, like love, acceptance is not a substance and that would not make sense either. 
Somebody trying to promote love as caring I'm all for it.  But to tamper with it's meaning I think causes an unproductive confusion in people.   This is the pattern  "_______________is love" , just fill in the blank.
So you can put "evil" in there "friendship" , "suffering" ,  "joy"  just fill it in with anything you're thinking of at the moment. 
 What that is really saying is "love is whatever".
What that does is destroys the meaning of love and pretending to advocate it at the same time but using the word all the time (over-using it)  
I don't agree with someone who might say love is a useless feeling but at least they are being clear and direct not constantly 
switching around and superstitiously subverting it's meaning, even if unwittingly.   
  How can we express love in it's highest form?  
That would have to be in doing not just in saying. 
Have we all been loved by someone?  Some more than others. 
 Some may have been neglected or had been treated with love and abuse at the same time
which can tear us in two directions at once
Some have even been hated.   Everything is not love.  Everything is everything.  

Edited by Nak Khid

42 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Love is a feelings are temporary not infinite.

Isn't everybody looking for Love? That's all everyone is ever doing, You are here because you're looking for a sense of connection with all of us. You are the person you are because it's your best bet on the way to recieve love and acceptance from the world. Everyone longs to find a partner to share life with so they can be understood and accepted. You fear and hate all the things that stand in the way of you recieving love and acceptance. You see a trend here? We are all connected by "something" and that "something" is all we are. When you surrender all that you think you are, all that's left is Love for everything. Can you feel this?

Obviously there must be something connecting us all that we can't point to. That is Love. That's what we're made of.

Edited by JayG84

55 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Hitler hated some people and perhaps loved others 
But he was not made of hate or love or anger. 

Hate is not the opposite of Love. Hate is a result of denying what you truely are. The ego creates distintions where there are none. We are all ONE. Hate and Anger can only exist when you believe there is something other than Love. Love is the result of the realization that we are all ONE, everything is YOU. So you can only hate yourself. What you hate in yourself, you hate in others.

Edited by JayG84

36 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Hate and Anger can only exist when you believe there is something other than Love.

Hate, anger, love, boredom, joy...
all of these feelings exist regardless of what your beliefs are. 
You feel angry sometimes, love sometimes,  boredom sometimes
You have arbitrarily selected a particular type of feeling and because you like that on in particular saying only that feeling exists. 
In my opinion

12 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

They actually don't. Notice this.

Your beliefs guide your hate...Racists hate because they believe some people are different than them

Your beliefs guide your anger...You believe you've been wronged in some way...or you believe someone is an idiot

Your beliefs guide your boredom...You believe there is nothing to do or interesting

Your beliefs guide your joy...You believe that this is better than that.

All of these beliefs are imaginary. Love is what remains when all your beliefs are gone. The only thing that can be.

You seem very preoccupied with defining Love. Have you ever experienced an awakening filled with Love?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You feel angry sometimes, love sometimes,  boredom sometimes
You have arbitrarily selected a particular type of feeling and because you like that on in particular saying only that feeling exists. 
In my opinion

9 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

They actually don't. Notice this.

Your beliefs guide your hate...Racists hate because they believe some people are different than them

Your beliefs guide your anger...You believe you've been wronged in some way...or you believe someone is an idiot

Your beliefs guide your boredom...You believe there is nothing to do or interesting

Your beliefs guide your joy...You believe that this is better than that.

All of these beliefs are imaginary. Love is what remains when all your beliefs are gone. The only thing that can be.

What I meant is that people have feelings of hate, anger, love, boredom and joy . They exist in the world. 

And regardless of if you think you have no beliefs and are only capable of love,  
love is informed by beliefs as well. 

And if one were stripped of all their feelings there would be no love.   
and what would remain would be nihilist or psychopath  guided entirely by instinct and urge. 

2 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

What I meant is that people have feelings of hate, anger, love, boredom and joy . They exist in the world.

Those feelings only exist because of beliefs and thoughts, which are not real, so in turn, the feeling isn't real either. Those feelings only exist in an ego that seperates itself from Love.

14 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

And regardless of if you think you have no beliefs and are only capable of love,  
love is informed by beliefs as well.

What is a belief that makes you feel love?

26 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

And if one were stripped of all their feelings there would be no love.   
and what would remain would be nihilist or psychopath  guided entirely by instinct and urge.

Love would still remain. 

A nihilistic psychopathic killer still feels Love. In fact it's the only thing that can save them.

3 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Are rocks made out of "infinite love" ?

OF COURSE!

WAKE UP!

8 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Are rocks made out of "infinite love" ?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

OF COURSE!

WAKE UP!

yes  fill in the blank with anything
__________________________is infinite love

that's cute 

but there are words for that.  "part of everything" . 

Calling it "infinite love" sounds like something a 13 year old girl would come up with in her fantasy journal.

Fill in the blank,   shit is infinite love,   hate is infinite love,  a dirty sock is infinite love, Donald Trump is infinite love, 
a puppy is infinite love, a person dying with COVID-19 is infinite love, picking one's nose is infinite love 

Could a concept be more useless?  You came up with a new word for "everything" or "oneness" .
There is nothing new there just repackaging 
 I hope you grow out of this. Maybe in 2 years it will be so worn out you'll switch to something else.

I don't want love to be everything.
There comes a point when a bloated surplus of love makes you puke 
I don't want to be loved 30 days a month. Throw in one neglect day, one pissed off day.
The nature of reality is constant change not a fifty ton slab of love. 
I suppose the whole  saying "love" every 5 minutes is a good tool for being annoying.
That I will credit.  It's a tool, a hand buzzer 

1 minute ago, Nak Khid said:

Calling it "infinite love" sounds like something a 13 year old girl would come up with in her fantasy journal.

Fill in the blank, 

You are totally deluded.

Love is formlessness. First time I really realized this I balled my eyes out in appreciation, sadness, happiness, joy, terror. Crazy stuff. 

The emotional state you refer to is a contracted form of love, but not existential love. 

More grist for the mill-

THE COURSE’S NONDUALISM: LOVE IS A LAW WITHOUT AN OPPOSITE

A Course in Miracles is often described as “nondualistic.” Many compare it to the nondualistic Hindu philosophy known as Advaita Vedanta—it has even been called a “Christian Vedanta.” It seems to be a nearly universally held view that the Course and the great nondualistic sages of the world are saying the exact same thing in different words.

I agree that the Course is nondualistic and shares many commonalities with other nondualistic paths. However, I also think there is at least one crucial difference between it and most other forms of nondualism out there—a difference that is the focus of this article. In a nutshell, the more conventional view of nondualism says that opposites (like good and evil, life and death, or spirit and body) are all manifestations of the One. The Course’s nondualism, on the other hand, says that only the positive side of certain fundamental opposites is a manifestation of the One (God); the negative side is not a manifestation of God at all, but is instead solely a mistaken product of our own minds.

This snippet from - https://circleofa.org/library/the-courses-nondualism-love-is-a-law-without-an-opposite/

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Added title

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn