Inliytened1

Reality is a Mind - Materialists need to contemplate

187 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Always start from yourself first ;)

"If you are enlightened, everyone is"

I hate seeing people suffer. If I become enlightened and see people having miserable lives, it makes me feel miserable too.

2 minutes ago, Member said:

I hate seeing people suffer. If I become enlightened and see people having miserable lives, it makes me feel miserable too.

Person can't become enlightened. Everyone and everything is enlightened, or you're just sleeping ;)  

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Member what if I tell you, if you will have the realization on the experiential level that everyone and everything is you, and it's Love - you won't see "suffering" anymore. Too good to be true, right? :D   

Edited by dimitri

With all due respect for Leo's work and other's perseverance to bring peace to this world, but how does this "everything is your imagination" mindset actually help people suffering if they can't meditate or have psychedelic trips in a chill environment? There are people who have shitty lives and have no place to live, with debilitating diseases or mental issues... don't tell me that this is happening because of karma or thoughts. I'm trying to figure out why bad things happen, this can't be just a dream.

@Member does this investigation bring peace to you? If yes - continue, if not - I would let it go, man. ;) 

14 minutes ago, Member said:

There are people who have shitty lives and have no place to live, with debilitating diseases or mental issues... don't tell me that this is happening because of karma or thoughts. I'm trying to figure out why bad things happen, this can't be just a dream.

It doesn't help. This kind of work is for people that are established and safe in life. You shouldn't be prioritizing this kind of spiritual and intellectual work if you can't feed yourself or pay your rent.

hrhrhtewgfegege

12 minutes ago, Roy said:

It doesn't help. This kind of work is for people that are established and safe in life. You shouldn't be prioritizing this kind of spiritual and intellectual work if you can't feed yourself or pay your rent.

If it doesn't work for everybody, then maybe it is not a solution, nor an answer.

Edited by Member

13 minutes ago, Member said:

If it doesn't work for everybody, then maybe it is not a solution, nor an answer.

That's a rather high standard don't you think xD?

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Member if you want to be happy there is no point in this discussion - do the work ;) 

You can start from basic meditation if you haven't started yet.

Member is absolutely right. This path of learning to see that suffering is not a problem is a trick to ease your own suffering. This path might be great for the individual, but longterm it isn't really helping reduce suffering overall in the world. 

7 hours ago, Member said:

I'm trying to figure out why bad things happen, this can't be just a dream

Bad things happen because you imagine they do.

You are creating your own nightmare.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, remember said:

look, you seem to not understand karma, not the slightest because if you would you‘d not ask to not mention it. you did not understand karma to the point of how everything is maintained and held up by your imagination. you just need to look into it and understand suffering from the perspective of suffering, its karma if you want to change that. be ready to suffer along until you really, really understand.

Karma is BS. There are innocent people suffering and being tortured without any purpose at all. Cause and effect is an illusion anyway.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Bad things happen 'cuz they just happen. Life has up and downs, it's not always either black or white.

I want us to evolve together and change the future into something amazing. But how we can do that?

Edited by Member

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is very true. No wonder I am so nostalgic. 

Neo wannabe. It's inevitable Mr. Life. 

I guess it was. 

Breadcrumbs everywhere. 

Just now, remember said:

yes that’s why i say you don’t understand - you simply don’t understand the mechanism of karma nor the mechanism of suffering. because you are bullshitting yourself about cause and effect not existing, because you cannot grasp a higher dimension of it. and then having such a profile pic. its almost hilarious.

I don't care. And cause and effect IS an illusion LOL. (have you thought that maybe my profile pic means something else to me?)

52 minutes ago, Member said:

Bad things happen 'cuz they just happen. Life has up and downs, it's not always either black or white.

I want us to evolve together and change the future into something amazing. But how we can do that?

Have you heard of the philosopher David Pierce? There's this paper of his called the Hedonistic Imperative that outlines actual steps to rid all sentient life of suffering.

I refer you to this as an example of a plan that might actually produce results. In contrast, the path of achieving the sort of enlightenment that is advocated here results in possibly great benefits to the individual but it stops there. That individual will not feel compelled to end suffering in others, because that concept doesn't even fit in their world view. If someone says they are in pain, their response is that you are at fault for creating your own misery. They may try to help by convincing you to follow the same path they have but that seems contradictory. If they know everything is already perfect, why do anything? And their path is extremely impractical anyway and would never help the vast majority of people.

This mindset will not produce significant results if one has the goal of helping humanity and minimizing unnecessary suffering of all creatures.

2 hours ago, Razorback said:

Have you heard of the philosopher David Pierce? There's this paper of his called the Hedonistic Imperative that outlines actual steps to rid all sentient life of suffering. [...] This mindset will not produce significant results if one has the goal of helping humanity and minimizing unnecessary suffering of all creatures.

Hey, thank you for the link :) I don't remember the name but his face looks familiar, I guess that I saw a video once. As for the mindset, I think that I understand everybody's point of view here but there always have to be new insights/solutions for the challenges that we are facing together. My wish is to evolve together and act like a single organism because can't see how will a solitary path lead to anywhere. Everything is interconnected. Once we have the tools, we could be anywhere without too much pain in the a**.

Edited by Member

25 minutes ago, Member said:

. My wish is to evolve together and act like a single organism because can't see how will a solitary path lead to anywhere. Everything is interconnected.

Fin the truth, evolve yourself, everything will be single organism, which is you. You are not complete now. Thats why you are seeing this way. Because you BELIEVE it. Go watch matrix 1 and tell me I BELIEVE, i am complete. You will be it :) 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I’m kind of confused why nightmares don’t feel authentic. Like why does something be created that feels like it’s not what you want deep down, or do you and just not know it? Or can worrying about a scenario manifest itself and be authentic cause it’s in your sub conscious? 

I can’t wrap my head around it except that it’s just not what the ego wants, but what god wants. 

sometimes bad things will happen and I don’t realize I wanted that bad thing to happen until I can learn X from that happening. Other times I can’t make sense of it. Maybe I’m just having resistance to it. 

Is this just a complete misunderstanding of love on my part? I’m asking because sometimes I’m scared I’m fucking shit up if that makes sense , but then again there is nothing to fuck up I guess... ? 

3 hours ago, rlc said:

I’m kind of confused why nightmares don’t feel authentic. Like why does something be created that feels like it’s not what you want deep down, or do you and just not know it? Or can worrying about a scenario manifest itself and be authentic cause it’s in your sub conscious? 

I can’t wrap my head around it except that it’s just not what the ego wants, but what god wants. 

sometimes bad things will happen and I don’t realize I wanted that bad thing to happen until I can learn X from that happening. Other times I can’t make sense of it. Maybe I’m just having resistance to it. 

Is this just a complete misunderstanding of love on my part? I’m asking because sometimes I’m scared I’m fucking shit up if that makes sense , but then again there is nothing to fuck up I guess... ? 

Reality couldn't be reality if it wasn't a good illusion.

You are creating all of it.  But if you were conscious of that could it be what it is?

The more selfless you become the more love you will radiate and the more you will align with Truth and infinite Love which is ultimately what you are.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.