Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dylan Page

If life is about survival, what is suicide?

44 posts in this topic

Suicide is some kind of waste cleaner mechanism. Your DNA assumes the fitness of the whole will increase if you disappear. It assumes you increase entropy too much (individuals like you are a threat to the survival of the system of life) . But of course it is not well adapted to modern life and uses low level indicators. 

Edited by Bertrand_Coulombel

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Suffering is survival?

I think it´s more "you suffer because you care about survival"

You're not appreciating how deep survival goes.

The very sensations that we call suffering ARE survival in action.

Your survival goes much deeper than your conscious caring to survive. Every muscle movement in your body is governed by survival.

Contemplate more deeply what survival is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Every muscle movement in your body is governed by survival.

Life is not merely about survival. If it was so, you'd see the most malformed and dysfunctional beings walking in the streets, if that. You'd never see a healthy one. Life cares about survival, but it's not everything. There's health. There's beauty. And there's happiness. Life cares about balance first and foremost.

The experience of suffering and struggling is one of egos way of feeling alive. 

You can put another emotion or human experience and this would hold true. Anger, jealousy, selfishness, power, powerlessness etc etc 

11 minutes ago, The observer said:

. Life cares about survival, but it's not everything. There's health. There's beauty. And there's happiness. Life cares about balance first and foremost.

If someone puts a gun in your head? Can you be able to remember these words?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

13 minutes ago, James123 said:

If someone puts a gun in your head? Can you be able to remember these words?

It does not matter whether I remember them or not. They will still be valid regardless of that.

Life is much more than survival, but I understand your question.

In the context of survival, I'd say suicide is the decision that you're not going to be able to survive your suffering no matter what, and you're "cutting your losses" so to speak. The avalanche is coming, so you'd rather just get it over with relatively painlessly than die a slow, agonizing death in the avalanche.

But the reason why suicide is senseless though, is because you CAN survive the avalanche. You CAN survive all the pain you're going through, if you simply brave the storm and change the way you view it. Because in truth, there is no storm. There is no suffering. Just as you choose happiness, you choose to suffer.

29 minutes ago, The observer said:

It does not matter whether I remember them or not. They will still be valid regardless of that.

They wont be valid for you at that moment. So it is not true. 

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

They wont be valid for you at that moment. So it is not true. 

I, the individual human, don't matter that much to life. My survival is not life's highest priority. There are much more important things than me. If I am too dysfunctional, life will send someone to put a gun to my head and shoot me down.

3 minutes ago, The observer said:

I, the individual human, don't matter that much to life. My survival is not life's highest priority. There are much more important things than me. If I am too dysfunctional, life will send someone to put a gun to my head and shoot me down.

So how does life, choose to do such things, if its not someone?

6 minutes ago, The observer said:

Then just everything surrender your feelings and your thoughts as you doing now , someone putting gun on your head. You will find the truth. 

Edited by James123

1 minute ago, James123 said:

Then just everything surrender as you doing now someone putting gun on your head. You will find the truth. 

Bro, you mean just to imagine as if someone has a gun to your head and surrender to the moment, and this way one can find the truth ??

4 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

So how does life, choose to do such things, if its not someone?

Life is not someone. But someone imagines that it is.

6 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

Bro, you mean just to imagine as if someone has a gun to your head and surrender to the moment, and this way one can find the truth ??

Meaning, just imagine that you have your last moment in the life and you are ready to surrender everything. The way that you surrender that moment, you should surrender rest of your life that way with not holding anything. Excepting everything, surrendering everything, letting go of everything and being in the moment with few thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, The observer said:

Being is prior to any reality, or whatever other thought it imagines

7 minutes ago, The observer said:

Definitely. The thing that imagine is you. Right here, everything you see is “you” at the moment.

Edited by James123

1 minute ago, James123 said:

Meaning, just imagine that you have your last moment in the life and you are ready to surrender everything. The way that you surrender that moment, you should surrender rest of your life that way with not holding anything. Excepting everything, surrendering everything, letting go of everything and being in the moment with few thoughts. 

And what does one get from this? Sounds good though, because one pretty much learns to be more stable in life :)

2 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

And what does one get from this? Sounds good though, because one pretty much learns to be more stable in life :)

Stable respectful life style is very efficient way to pursue spirituality or enlightenment (if you have crazy life style). Dont hold any negative thoughts, behave everyone as you, know that everything is you, and stay at the moment. You will be God. Lol

16 hours ago, WHO IS said:

Yeah, I read it Brother. And the answer is, cuz God is bored and lonely and we basically entertaining God. Basically all our lives are like Netflix for God. Does God want to watch some horror show? Here it is, holocaust, world War, genocide, hunger etc. 

Does God wants to see comedy show, Here it is, some guys life from London etc. 

Yeah, it nice to know, that the reason we wake up the next and live our lives is to entertain God. All our highs and lows, Happines and sadness, tragedies etc... 

Wow man. It is all meaningless then. When I die, that's it, my TV show is over. For me it's some terrible news man. For God I guess I is not bad, because God is outside of time and space, God is indestructible. 

Reality is the ultimate horror movie. It's a valid perspective.