Mert

Argue Againts the Existence of Objective Reality

94 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Mert

Meaning is tricky. No need to shoot the messenger though. ?

Gotcha... 

For that very same reason I do not want to do anything with any sort of enlightenment buisiness. 

It will turn me into serial killer. My faithful shotgun.. Could already see myself as sitting in chair as Rupert Spira exactly same scene and on that table there ain't no flowers it's shotgun. 

Any questions? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

14 minutes ago, Member said:

Our subjective experiences create this objective reality at this very moment. Yay :x

How do I even know there is an our, there is only me. If there was "our" it's still occurring within me. There is nothing but me.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The subjective/objective is in the context of is whether or not there is a physical world out there.  If there were, reality (in terms of the realm of form) would be objective.  But this is not the case and can be discovered via awakening.  It can be discovered that the realm of form is an absolute relativity or an absolute subjectivity.    The only thing objective about it is it is 100 percent subjective.  

But if I use my imagination to create something physical so that you can see what's in my mind, that thing will be:

1. Objective reality because that just popped into existence independently of your mind or...

2. Subjective because you're the only one seeing it with your physical eyes?

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

Ya. What are you so angry about? 

Just having fun. I am not angry. Laughing. I really am. 

Ok ok trying to be......will stop. 

giphy (3).gif

@Member I understand that, I am these words in a different form too. But how do I figure out if an external world truly exists?

1 minute ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

@Member I understand that, I am these words in a different form too. But how do I figure out if an external world truly exists?

Maybe there are infinite subjective truths that manifest in this objective reality? Just guessing, I wonder if existence is entirely subjective too.

@Nak Khid

5 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

please clarify about this statement

"everything is imaginary"

Do any of the following philosophies (or whatever you want to call them)  agree with this?

1) non-dualism  (non denominational) 

2) Vedanta

3) Buddhism 

4) Solipsism 

Tibetan Buddhism, the esoteric branch of it. 

6 hours ago, Mert said:

@Leo Gura That's insane man. I might have to read meditations again just to see if that's the case. Good old Descartes would gain my full respect just for that one thing.

One of my university professors was a world expert on Descartes. I had to study Descartes in depth. Descartes makes some very subtle arguments.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:22 AM, Nak Khid said:

please clarify about this statement

"everything is imaginary"

It's exactly how it sounds my friend.  Everything is imaginary.  It is all in your mind.  You are reality itself and reality itself is a Giant Mind or Infinite Mind.   It can be discovered directly though apparently very few break through to this.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Existence/Reality is neither subjective nor objective.

Only one existence.Only one reality.

29 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Existence/Reality is neither subjective nor objective.

Only one existence.Only one reality.

❤...?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

"Rene Descartes, the father of western philosophy, is famous for the saying “I think therefore I am”. No other phrase more clearly encapsulates the fall of civilisation and the full scale identification with the shadows on the cave wall. Descartes’ error, like the error of almost all humans, was the equating of fundamental being with thinking. At the beginning of his most famous treatise, Descartes wrote that almost everything be called into doubt; he can doubt his senses, and even his thoughts. Likewise in the Kalama Sutra, the Buddha said that in order to ascertain the truth, one must doubt all traditions, scriptures, teachings and all of the content of one’s mind and senses. Both of these men started with great skepticism, but the difference was that Descartes was inquiring at the level of thinking, while the Buddha went deeper- he penetrated beyond the deepest levels of the mind. Maybe if Descartes had gone beyond his thinking mind, he would have realized his true nature and Western consciousness would be very different today. Instead, Descartes described the possibility of an evil demon that could be keeping us under a veil of illusion. Descartes did not recognize this evil demon for what it was. As in the movie the Matrix, we could all be hooked up to some elaborate program feeding us an illusory dream world.

In the movie, humans lived out their lives in the matrix, while on another level they were merely batteries, feeding their life force to the machines which used their energy for their own agenda. People always want to blame something outside of themselves for the state of the world or others for their own unhappiness. Whether it is a person, a particular group or country, religion or some kind of controlling Illuminati like Descartes’ evil demon, or the sentient machines in the Matrix.

Ironically, the demon that Descartes envisioned was the very thing that he defined himself by. When you realize Samadhi, it becomes clear that there is a controller, there is a machine, and evil demon leaching your life day after day. The machine is YOU" 

-- SAMADHI

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi