Galyna

New Netflix cool documentary about psychedelics

52 posts in this topic

I have watched it recently. It's a nice documentary, more on the entertaining side. It's not bad.

But it has nothing to do with the spiritual side of psychedelics, even though Sting's experience about it is very spiritual and thought provoking.

The show itself tends to keep a very recreational tone, but it's not bad. It can be interesting.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

30 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Its far more serious than the money hungry corporates at Netflix could ever intuit.

Everything is serious, my friend. Cambridge analytica posed a threat when trying to manipulate constituent's preferences regarding president elections. Amazon, FB, Google, you wait and see how your entrepreneur's business will be highly effected by those monsters.

We live among them, there is nothing you can do, unless you live in the deep woods. But lamenting about it won't do any good!

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Jacobsrw be gentle with the lady bruh lol. 

LMAO...you made my day. :D

Hey, glad you using that picture I gave you for the avatar! :)

33 minutes ago, Galyna said:

That is what you and others do on this forum 24/7...sorry to break it for it.

In part that’s true. But not in how you may be assuming. Language and concept are secondary in this work, that doesn’t mean they have no utility in the relative domain of transcending the illusion of mind. If you assume the basis of a discussion on this forum is merely for entertainment value than you’ve completely missed the underlying purpose. 

You missed my point, my friend. I totally agree with you, however, I said it was slowly percolating in people's mind...that can already do the wonder, whether you are aware of it or not...I would recommend studying cognitive distortions to understand my point better. 

I do not want to be rude, but it feels like you hold an absolute romantic view about how things should be. Well guess what? It is not going to work like this, we live in a reality where various opinions, dogmas and web of beliefs collide with each other. What you are saying is ideal but far from reality. Go talk about it with my math teacher and see what he will reply back to you. OR go to my local church (Nashville, TN) and preach about the powerful use of psychedelics here and see what happens. These people do not even trust science, or they know is a "word of God from Bible". 

It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing. You seem to be interpreting this at the level of mind. This has nothing to do with my views. Fundamentally, they are wrong in the end. What I am suggesting goes far beyond that. Awareness of this topic will be of no use if it is conceived of synonymous to mainstream entertainment that goes in one ear and out the other. Psychedelics will just be left to the way side or worse mindlessly abused.

Your conception of this documentary appears to be “some awareness is better than none”. I don’t necessarily agree. If awareness for psychedelics is risen and it becomes just as abused as any other empty entertainment channel then the real value becomes nullified by the very fact it’s perceived as “entertainment”. Any experience on psychedelics will be reminiscent of a ego-trip.

Just because one entertains an idea does not equate to them using it wisely.

Again, you have to understand that on the subconscious level (and sorry for using dualistic language) your psyche does not differentiate between such categories as negative vs. positive, + or -! So anti commercial would work on the same premise. You are adding more weight to by just speculating about ideas. 

Can you elaborate? This made no sense to me.. I still see no equivalency but one you seem to be superimposing.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

@Bazooka Jesus @Javfly33 @inFlow @Dazgwny

I am sorry nobody liked that movie, I do not take psychedelics, how would I know? I thought it was fun to watch, for me anyway....to have at least some idea how it is like... I didn’t mean to hurt those who are into this work.

Awwww please, don’t feel bad sweetie. Like I said, I don’t regret having watched it. I thought that some of those trip re-enactments were pretty creative and funny. Sure, people who hold psychedelics as absolutely sacrosanct will probably hate it with a burning passion, but luckily I don’t have such a stick up my behind that I couldn’t bring myself to be amused by some jaunty (if somewhat misleading) infotainment for airheaded stoners. ;)

Why so serious?

8 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

If awareness for psychedelics is risen and it becomes just as abused as any other empty entertainment channel then the real value becomes nullified by the very fact it’s perceived as “entertainment”.

there is no IF, it is already the case, wake up...and look around

8 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Can you elaborate? This made no sense to me.. I still see no equivalency but one you seem to be superimposing.

sure...

Edited by Galyna

34 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Jacobsrw be gentle with the lady bruh lol. 

Good point. Got lost in dialogue.

My aim was to simply highlight the absurdity of this documentary and the deception it could perpetuate. Lost cause that was I feel ?

@Galyna my apologies if I offended you.

Edited by Jacobsrw

20 minutes ago, Galyna said:

LMAO...you made my day. :D

Hey, glad you using that picture I gave you for the avatar! :)

LOL yeah it looks good tbh. Was a good choice. 

P.S.  Jacob can't be wrong.  Just ignore him -_-

@@Jacobsrw xD

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

16 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

here is an article for you, so you would understand my point better:

"The subconscious mind has the habit of taking everything literally. It does not differentiate between negative and positive. ... The subconscious mind is subjective. It doesn’t t think or reason independently, it simply obeys the commands it receives from your conscious mind. As Henry Ford said, “if you think you can, or if you think you can’t, you’re right!”

source: https://www.gailmarrahypnotherapy.com/9-things-you-may-not-have-known-about-your-subconscious-mind/#:~:text=The subconscious mind has the,differentiate between negative and positive.&text=It doesn't t think,receives from your conscious mind.

sorry, I do not have time to find you a scholarly article or research data about this, I am in a hurry, you are welcome to explore this concept. Let's talk about it in the future. I am open to educate myself more about it too!

It is very well-known in psychology, if I am not mistaken Skinner was among those to promote this theory,  Skinnerian conditioning perhaps is a part of it.

11 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

my apologies if I offended you.

Of course not. I love this community, I love people here. :)

I enjoy conversations like this and glad to be here. 

Also, I understand that this media is dry and some emotions can be misinterpreted, there is no way I take it personally.B|

Edited by Galyna

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

LOL yeah it looks good tbh. Was a good choice. 

I might tag you with something else in the future, if I stumble across it, how is the book? are you reading it?

38 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

don’t feel bad sweetie

this phrase made me laugh hard. :D I love you guys! Always knew that mingling with smart guys way more productive for my development. Therefore, I love having guy friends a lot. No drama and always a sympathy....

Edited by Galyna

2 minutes ago, Galyna said:

I might tag you with something else in the future, if I stumble across it, how is the book? are you reading it?

Yes. It's good but too much.  I might end up not having a clue who am I anymore after I finish it. It's like deconstructing your entire identity. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Galyna said:

here is an article for you, so you would understand my point better:

"The subconscious mind has the habit of taking everything literally. It does not differentiate between negative and positive. ... The subconscious mind is subjective. It doesn’t t think or reason independently, it simply obeys the commands it receives from your conscious mind. As Henry Ford said, “if you think you can, or if you think you can’t, you’re right!”

source: https://www.gailmarrahypnotherapy.com/9-things-you-may-not-have-known-about-your-subconscious-mind/#:~:text=The subconscious mind has the,differentiate between negative and positive.&text=It doesn't t think,receives from your conscious mind.

sorry, I do not have time to find you a scholarly article or research data about this, I am in a hurry, you are welcome to explore this concept. Let's talk about it in the future. I am open to educate myself more about it too!

It is very well-known in psychology, if I am not mistaken Skinner was among those to promote this theory,  Skinnerian conditioning perhaps is a part of it.

Sounds similar to subliminal reaction. I’ll look into it. Since I study psychology this will be of equal value. Thank you.

It sounds more Jungian and Freudian than skinner. Skinner was more a physicalist in behaviourism. However, could be something there he provided on the matter. I’ll have an exploration it.

6 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Of course not. I love this community, I love people here. :)

I enjoy conversation like this and glad to be here. 

Also, I understand that this media is dry and some emotions can be misinterpreted, there is no way I take it personally.B|

good to hear :D

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

P.S.  Jacob can't be wrong.  Just ignore him -_-

Hahaha I can tell you’ve valued our shared conversations xD

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes. It's good but too much.  I might end up not having a clue who am I anymore after I finish it. It's like deconstructing your entire identity. 

When you mean too much, what are you referring to?

@Jacobsrw I did.   "fundamentally" you can't be wrong B|

@Galyna I meant it's too much for my ego or my sense of self. It has the potential to shatter my identity for ever. This is dangerous. It's one thing to theorize about it and to experience it is a  very frightening experience. One exercise was about realizing the imaginary boundary between the subject and the object. That scared me a little bit. 

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Since I study psychology

How cool, always dreamt to study Psychology and Neuroscience, but ended up with Marketing, now studying Supply Chain. 

Tag me when find something interesting, for sure I am not in position to talk about Psychology with you since you a subject matter expert. To be honest I was introduced to this term by my ex-psychotherapist, then I've heard about it and then read about it. However, I have a surface and shallow knowledge about it. You probably know way better than me.

Edited by Galyna

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

It has the potential to shatter my identity for ever.

Well, I read the book, but no major shift has happened, donno about you, though. 

Do not be scared, we are here to support you. :)

What is the biggest fear do you have? What are you scared about if you get this realization one day?

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I might end up not having a clue who am I anymore after I finish it.

That is exactly where we want to be, right? Better to not know. I am completely lost now and I love it. :x

One people here say that objective world is not real and does not exist, another claim different thing.

One  loves to take psychedelics, another one hates it, etc.

Edited by Galyna

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Jacobsrw I did.   "fundamentally" you can't be wrong B|

Haha but you see I am always wrong, I can never accurately represent what speak of ;) 

8 minutes ago, Galyna said:

How cool, always dreamt to study Psychology and Neuroscience, but ended up with Marketing, now studying Supply Chain. 

Tag me when find something interesting, for sure I am not in position to talk about Psychology with you since you a subject matter expert. To be honest I was introduced to this term by my ex-psychotherapist, then I heard and read it. However, I have a surface and shallow knowledge about it. You probably know way better than me.

Oh nice. Marketing is still nonetheless important. Theres psychological economics which you may like too. Study of customer behaviour etc.

Very interesting. Good to be open to learning. Although, I wouldn’t say I’m fully competent in that regard. I have more confidence of my knowledge in the area of philosophical science opposed to psychological science. This work here leads to me disagreeing with much of conventional psychologyxD

I could send you some articles I have on existential psychology and positive psychology. Believe I have them somwhere.

Edited by Jacobsrw