Galyna

New Netflix cool documentary about psychedelics

52 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Well, I read the book, but no major shift has happened, donno about you, though. 

Do not be scared, we are here to support you. :)

What is the biggest fear do you have? What are you scared about if you get this realization one day?

Well I'm already well aware that there's no such thing as "me" in reality.  "I" am not a solid entity or some fixed object. Not a physical sensation. Not thoughts. It's just a fabrication.  In fact every time I refer to myself as "I" or "me" it's a new "me". It's a different thing. Nothing is static. Everything is constantly decaying and transforming.  I'm well aware of that as glimpses here and there. But to function in life you are forced to assume soild entity called "you". 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just now, Jacobsrw said:

Theres psychological economics which you may like too. Study of customer behaviour etc.

Yeah, we studied it when took Marketing back in 2006. Actually marketing is a part of the supply chain.

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

I could send you some articles I have on existential psychology and positive psychology.

Please do, I love this stuff. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

In fact every time I refer to myself as "I" or "me" it's a new "me". It's a different thing. Nothing is static. Everything is constantly decaying and transforming.

I remember reading about this from George Gurdjieff,  he was describing machine-like nature of the human being, I remember he claimed that we had literally thousands of "I", there were no separate "I" which were in charge. Also, "I" is not constant and always evolving, therefore, we can conclude that there is no such thing as separate, constant "I" due to the dynamic nature of "I".

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But to function in life you are forced to assume soild entity called "you". 

Yep, somehow we have to learn how to teeter on the edge of the chasm and not completely fall down into Duality. Though if you want it more than anything, I believe your ego will never allow you to do so. As one person said to me "Ego can survive on the very high frequencies".

So read the book and do not worry :)

26 minutes ago, Galyna said:

That is exactly where we want to be, right? 

Be careful what you wish for. I personally don't want that. I'm happy as a little ego. I'm just a drop in the ocean not the entire ocean in a drop. 

Both perspectives are true if you think about it. So it doesn't make a difference what you identify yourself as. As ramana maharishi puts it

" I am that I am". 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

25 minutes ago, Galyna said:

this phrase made me laugh hard. :D

Tehehe... hope it didn’t sound too condescending, lol. English is a second language for me, so forgive me if I might overshoot the mark sometimes when trying to sound as cool & cavalier as my darned Germanness allows me to be. ^_^

Why so serious?

13 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

hope it didn’t sound too condescending

Nah. flirty...yes...condescending...no! So your first language is German, nice. I love Germany, been there three times, my fav city is Munich.

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I personally don't want that.

You do not want the Truth? 

If I am super honest, I want it but I feel like I always postpone it for the future, like right now I am not ready, not perfect timing, career, family, education. Maybe when I am 50, LOL. 

4 minutes ago, Galyna said:

You do not want the Truth? 

I want the truth is a duality.

If "I" want the "truth".. "I" wouldn't ever get "it". We just agreed the "I" is a complete fabrication.  Remove the "I" and the "want" and all that is left is pure truth.   That's why I said be careful what you wish for. If you get the truth there won't be a "you" anymore. You have to choose between "you" and the truth.. Can't have them both. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

I want the truth is a duality.

If "I" want the "truth".. "I" wouldn't ever get "it". We just agreed the "I" is a complete fabrication.  Remove the "I" and the "want" and all that is left is pure truth.   That's why I said be careful what you wish for. If you get the truth there won't be a "you" anymore. You have to choose between "you" and the truth.. Can't have them both. 

Nice catch, thank you for pointing me in a right direction :)

I need you to remind me about this when I "fall asleep" again, ok?

10 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Nice catch, thank you for pointing me in a right direction :)

I need you to remind me about this when I "fall asleep" again, ok?

Sure. Anytime :)

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Sure. Anytime :)

And by all means tag me when some major insight from the book...I might re-read it again. ?