assx95

If reality is a dream, then how come I wake up in the same room with the same things?

48 posts in this topic

Real life seems and is persistent, in contrast to a dream which wipes itself like a clean slate and to start a new story-line. While in real life, which is compared to a dream, and is said to be an illusion, how is it that when I wake up, i find things which are familiar, and I see the same people over and over again. If reality were a dream, wouldn't it all wipe out like a clean slate? 

Real life is more concrete than a dream, it has some persistent qualities, and i am only saying the obvious. How could it be another dream?

You are missing something crucial. And that is that your idea of persistance is grounded in 'Real life'. See? You already think you are in 'Reality'. That´s why it doesn´t make sense when comparing it with dreams.

Notice that you have only one Perspective to compare everything: 'Real life'. Again, since you´re already sure you are in 'Real life', so any comparison is going to fall into the trap you´re falling now.

Edited by Javfly33

If you inspect the beliefs you’ll no longer experience the narrative of ‘waking up in the morning’ and ‘having slept & dreamt’. This is what the dreams ‘tell you’, but you’re using them to reassert the beliefs that they are the ‘real dreams’ and this is the ‘real life’. A dream journal is literally a dream journal, and effortless contemplation is literally effortless, and can readily reveal this.  It’s always up to you of course, because you are all that can be said to be appearing as that which you are claiming to be ‘a real life’ and as ‘dream’. There is simply no ‘living & dying’, nor ‘sleeping, dreaming or waking’. It’s all you. The ‘non persistent’ qualities of dream, and the ‘persistent qualities’ of ‘life’ are distinctions made by you, about you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Notice that you have only one Perspective to compare everything: 'Real life'. Again, since you´re already sure you are in 'Real life', so any comparison is going to fall into the trap you´re falling now.

Is there any other perspective, but " real life" ? 

is not a dream per say, its like a dream, big difference

Dont look at me! Look inside!

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If you inspect the beliefs you’ll no longer experience the narrative of ‘waking up in the morning’ and ‘having slept & dreamt’. This is what the dreams ‘tell you’, but you’re using them to reassert the beliefs that they are the ‘real dreams’ and this is the ‘real life’. A dream journal is literally a dream journal, and effortless contemplation is literally effortless, and can readily reveal this.  It’s always up to you of course, because you are all that can be said to be appearing as that which you are claiming to be ‘a real life’ and as dream’. There is simply no ‘living & dying’, nor ‘sleeping, dreaming or waking’. It’s all you. 

It went over my head. Take something, as simple as me seeing a mango on my table before I sleep , and then I wake up, and see the same mango on the same table. This persistence, of position and its concreteness is hard to think of as a dream. Could you address this in simple words? 

@assx95

You are that which is all that is being referred to, including persistence. It’s hard to ‘think of as a dream’ - because the belief at play is that there are dreams, which there aren’t. 

The simplest way I could possibly suggest would be for you to say out loud - I am what thoughts actually are, I am what dreams actually are, I am what persistency actually is. There’s no realizing this, there is only realizing you are currently believing all of this, and beginning to inspect it to find what’s being said here is accurate. The ‘trouble’ with this, is the beliefs that something other than this is what is occurring now as “you’re reading this”.

Nothing ever actually “goes over your head”. If you slow down and notice, there is a conscious choice to express the arising thoughts - rather than not, and inspect. Perhaps consider you’re going 500 mph in thought, reaction, expression...and slow down to 1 mph and ‘look’. Don’t take a single thought for granted.

Consider this is a simple, light hearted joke you play on yourself. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If you inspect the beliefs you’ll no longer experience the narrative of ‘waking up in the morning’ and ‘having slept & dreamt’. This is what the dreams ‘tell you’, but you’re using them to reassert the beliefs that they are the ‘real dreams’ and this is the ‘real life’. A dream journal is literally a dream journal, and effortless contemplation is literally effortless, and can readily reveal this.  It’s always up to you of course, because you are all that can be said to be appearing as that which you are claiming to be ‘a real life’ and as ‘dream’. There is simply no ‘living & dying’, nor ‘sleeping, dreaming or waking’. It’s all you. The ‘non persistent’ qualities of dream, and the ‘persistent qualities’ of ‘life’ are distinctions made by you, about you. 

So I am all that is. Truth itself? 

(stop pls, just stop foolin' around) 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Waking up in the same room and body is one of the feature of this dream 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Who said life is Dream?  You only realize a dream is a Dream after you wake up from it and compare it to real life. Have you ever woke up from this life and found yourself in a bigger reality to contrast them? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

24 minutes ago, Rilles said:

is not a dream per say, its like a dream, big difference

It is nothing but a dream. The superficial differences are in degrees, not in phenomenology/structure/mechanism.

Sort of like the difference between a vintage film from 1940s and Avengers end game with 1000000x CGI. Both are movies nontheless 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

It's a 10/10 trick. It's my fault no one's else. But on other hand you have no clue at all. 

Great escape=chimp creation. Development of selfish mind and as such forsaking yourself into survival. How deeply selfish you are larger Self denial. 

There ain't no single survival treat to this body for such a long time once "Alex" is out of mind. Curious 'bout that. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

6 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

It's a 10/10 trick. It's my fault no one's else. But on other hand you have no clue at all. 

Great escape=chimp creation. Development of selfish mind and as such forsaking yourself into survival. How deeply selfish you are larger Self denial. 

Hehe ... Nailed it ???

43 minutes ago, assx95 said:

Is there any other perspective, but " real life" ? 

In a sense you are right, but when you say Real life you are meaning your understanding of life, which as probably you already suspect, maybe not be 100% what it really is. 

So in a sense, there is no other perspective, because real, actual life is not a perspective. But right now you are seeing from a perspective (beliefs)

@Javfly33 Just my ramblings one day I will most likely have to help (yes banging my head against the wall trust me). 

Shitload of ignorance but if you say Reality is Love you are nutcase. 

Need some tests regarding survival but it's like some wise man said it's about Love and yes it's supposed to be fun not what 99.9% peeps beleive. 

God provides you with everything so why all these "power grinding" crap. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@assx95 Your mind is dreaming the room your in, the city you’re in, the entire universe. It’s all just made of consciousness substrate. You are part of that consciousness substrate, so you’re part of it, it’s all one. It’s you.

5 minutes ago, Member said:

Why do we think there's a past before our births and a future after our deaths?

Because we see childrens being born with a past before their birth and we see people dying and life goes on after them? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Because we see childrens being born with a past before their birth and we see people dying and life goes on after them? 

How do you know there's a life after them? After we die, we exist only inside someone's imagination. Time is just a mind manifestation.