FlowerNote

Cost of enlightenment

20 posts in this topic

In “the benefits of enlightenment” video, Leo says you have to give up all the good part of yourself including the love for your family. 

I thought enlightenment was about Love so why would you have to give up Love. If this is the case I’m never going to go for enligtenment. Middle finger to God if he makes you stop loving your family.

And if all the good parts are given up, how is it even possible to combine life purpose and enlightenment?

Thanks for the heads up Leo, now I know to never pursue enlightenment. No idea why anyone would willingly give up the love for family. Thats insanity.

@FlowerNote Your love for your family is selfish and egoic. Once you give it up, you will discover a higher Love, which is universal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, FlowerNote said:

In “the benefits of enlightenment” video, Leo says you have to give up all the good part of yourself including the love for your family. 

I thought enlightenment was about Love so why would you have to give up Love. If this is the case I’m never going to go for enligtenment. Middle finger to God if he makes you stop loving your family.

And if all the good parts are given up, how is it even possible to combine life purpose and enlightenment?

Thanks for the heads up Leo, now I know to never pursue enlightenment. No idea why anyone would willingly give up the love for family. Thats insanity.

Absolute Love is only realized after awakening.  The love for your family is finite love - it's partial and bias.   Just like the ego is finite and needs to survive.   Finite love is based on bias.  It doesn't mean it is not a subset of Absolute love or that it should be rejected.  Without it you would be dead.

But God realization / spiritual awakening is about pure selflessness.  You have to become conscious that the self is an illusion and that you are the Absolute.   Then you will become conscious of Infinite Love.   Infinite Love is a different beast.  It is pure Infinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura So it wont be that I will stop loving them, it will just be that I will also love everything else?

3 minutes ago, FlowerNote said:

@Leo Gura So it wont be that I will stop loving them, it will just be that I will also love everything else?

You will discover what true love is.

Ok thanks for your answers guys. This enlightenment stuff sometimes seems so wonderful and sometimes straight out of a psychological horror movie.

Leo do you love devilry? 

Edited by Nak Khid

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@FlowerNote Your love for your family is selfish and egoic. Once you give it up, you will discover a higher Love, which is universal.

except that...inside this universe that you love so much no one's will love you more than your own family

2 hours ago, Verdesbird said:

no one's will love you more than your own family

Ha!

You have yet to meet God ;)

You just become conscious of the love that you already are. It's not selective and never was. 

The mind spins all kinds of painful stories, deep down we want selective love and we refuse to recognize non-selective love as love. This is rooted in the ego and the roots go deep. That's the "scary" part of this work.

Sometimes you give up the love of your family for the love of a guru, or the love of "God", or even your own idea of what selective love is. Yet all of these things can be selective, depending on how you experience them. Selective love is actually just us pinching ourselves off from the source of love. The love is within you, never was outside or coming from anywhere. Even the words "Source", "You" and "God" are so deceptive. Everything is a show of lights, some seem brighter than others, more directed at you than others, closer to you than others, but you're the whole show. 

You can't actually give anything up. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

This is so strange for me to read after growing up within the abusive family 

People with good families and childhoods take it for granted. They have no idea how bad family can be.

“If any man come to Me and hate not his father and mother, and wife and children, and brethren and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple." - Jesus  Leo is just watering down what Jesus said. ;) 

You cannot hate just as much as you cannot love. There's no one doing that. There is Oneness, the love of Source. Your love for your family happens within that and feels good because it is the same resonance of Love, Source. That love can be purified and extended out to everything, but not unless we first drop our ideas about what it is and assume that we already know what love is. Ego says "if i drop my ideas about what love are, I'll drop love itself." Impossible. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ha!

You have yet to meet God ;)

you blame to much on the so called ''social conditioning'' of society,parenthood,etc,as i said in this topic ..

''The circumstances surrounding your birth including your natural body, your social and cultural backgrounds, the period of time you were born, and the parents and relatives you have are all gifts from the divine creator. You must fully receive them.''

ive had experiences where i meet GOD both with chedelics and without it,also experienced infinite love(i coldnt barely stand in my own feet with that kind of love),and i remember that 'outrageous experiments in counsciousness' video that you just released that you talked about how GOD could go to Hell just for love,whell...id would say that if GOD do sucha thing for love(to save you for exemple) he will problably be in a human form of one of your loved ones (your ''family'' or ''clan'' or ''brotherhood'')

discover a higher Love is one thing,but then to think that  family's  love is selfish and egoic its too much of a precipitated childish aproach to reality

Edited by Verdesbird

now speaking from the heart.. i consider you a very good spiritual teacher Leo

is just not enlightened as a tibetean budhist master or an old taoist sage

but is good enough to have its content followed by me 

much luck in your journey;)

the things i would recomend to you is writen in my posts if you mind to take a look

now lets just plug some 5 meo DMT and lets just ... 

wow !! ... breathe in that good ass prana baby!!

maxresdefault.jpg

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

People with good families and childhoods take it for granted. They have no idea how bad family can be.

precisely because I realize how loving my family is and has been is why I will never give up my love to them. I don’t see how that is taking it for granted.

@FlowerNote blue family most of the time love high statut. They love you because they selfishly love being seen as good people.

Real love - my mother = you can be everything and I want only you to be happy.

In act. Not in words'

She had some trouble but really hide it' and now I do my best to heal her back.

That's god love. Without my mother I would have been a donkey forever.

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

It´s simple, the cost of enlightment is your whole life as an "I".

Are you willing to surrender your life (your story as an "I") for the present moment?

14 hours ago, GodDesireOnlyLove said:

@FlowerNote blue family most of the time love high statut. They love you because they selfishly love being seen as good people.

Real love - my mother = you can be everything and I want only you to be happy.

In act. Not in words'

She had some trouble but really hide it' and now I do my best to heal her back.

That's god love. Without my mother I would have been a donkey forever.

it is the most profund and relevant form of love that exists in this universe (except fom God's love from its own creation)