flowboy

Ideas for dopamine detox

30 posts in this topic

On 5. 5. 2020 at 7:06 AM, Brian Wolfe said:

Eat Less Saturated Fat

I agree with the rest man but don't fall for the myth

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

Ayyy I was inspired by that guy and the vid he mentioned too and I've been doing a full on dopamine detox for around 21 days now, it's been sooo beneficial combined with the idea of "mini habits" 

(this video inspired me for anyone interested)

Also for me personally, daydreaming and getting lost in my thoughts randomly during the day (mental masturbation tbh) is something that I've been trying to minimize too by bringing myself back to reality and truly just chilling in the present moment sometimes

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

On 5/13/2020 at 2:14 AM, Villager Albert said:

How bout cave style? Not even light

There are places where they will lock you in a pitch dark room for a week. You can also choose to fast if you want.

It's also pretty affordable, gonna try it this summer :)

Yes that is part of what i meant in general, the less things/sensations/interactions with the 'physical world' in general, the more profound the effect because you are not engaging in any stimuli or anything physical, all that is left is engaging with who and what you truly are beyond the physical nature.

@Villager Albert Different views bro, right now I'm eating Medical Medium style and feel amazing, I would argue high fat/ protein simply masks symptoms for a while, instead of fixing the core issues. 

https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/do-you-have-a-fatty-liver

Also check out healing articles like these, his advice is not mainstream and because he's a 'medium' people class it as woo-woo, but it makes much more sense to me than pounding down steaks and eggs every day.

How did it go for those that did the detox? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

You can also try the jewish practice of keeping the sabbath holy, yeah it's just 24 hour but it's like a weekly retreat

For me personally it didn’t work to go too hard against my biology. When it breaks I fall hard.

I find the balanced and compassionate approach working better and for the long term. 
Life is a marathon, not a sprint.

On 22-6-2020 at 6:43 PM, LfcCharlie4 said:

How did it go for those that did the detox? 

I did it for 2 weeks. Starting with a fast really made the rest seem easy by comparison.

I succeeded at cutting out everything except for text messaging, which I felt I needed to do a couple times, because you can't always call people.

During that time, it became a lot easier and more rewarding to read books, it was the high point of my day! Much more valuable than watching random videos in my opinion.

I also felt calm and present. Balanced. Got clear on what I value: real human contact, creation and learning.

After a couple weeks and some stress, the pendulum swung the other way and I had an ego backlash involving food and tv binges.

Now I'm somewhere in between, very addicted again to my phone and coffee and thinking I have to start another detox again.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I"m reading fiction books to replace TV and Netflix time a bit. Even goofy ones. Reading "Gullivers Travels" rn. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

So, I have tried dopamine detox twice now on two separate sundays. My plan is to bleed the dopamine detox days to the saturday and occasionally to weekdays, but first I want to build a habit of doing it on sundays.

I have noticed that a lot of the distractions that get me off of studying and self actualizing are high dopamine inducing. When I make a conscious decision to bar myself from doing the distracting activities altogether, doing self-actualization activities like reading on Kriya Yoga becomes very easy. Its like "Eh, cant go to Youtube so I might aswell read". Fascinating.

Dopamine detox days are great at helping you to reflect what kind of activities are very harmful and distracting to you.

I even noticed that Actualized.org is a distraction to me. So, Im going to limit myself to check the forum just once a day. I guess it was my braind way to supplement social media, which I already quit altogether.