Hello from Russia

How do you estimate yourself and the forum on SD?

13 posts in this topic

Title^

And how much do you think it will take time for you to move to the next stage?

I myself consider myself at yellow, but I have some work to do to incorporate\integrate other stages and shadows from them. I also think I have some substantial drops of turquoise in the way my mind is wired intellectually and feeling wise. Mostly I resonate with everything mental\cognitive in turquoise and I think I even live from that place like 10-20% of time and strive to be live more, but I can't yet embody its collective selfless values from that stage. I think it's mostly because I have a lot of shadows about other people from childhood, etc to work through and because I feel I need to focus on myself and my development first and then care about the rest of the people on a bigger scale. I also feel that I need to fulfill some of my materialistic desires first and live for my self a little bit. Too much time spent in poverty iine being broke and powerless. It doesn't seem I crave too much, though.

I'm not bullshitting myself too much, though, I think it will take me about 10 years (And probably more) to move to turqoise. I think It will be achieved through mastering my survival envieronment, going deeper into methaphysical realm (After I carve out more time to go deeper and maybe also try psychedelics) and by purifying my psyche out of all the shit society and I fed it. Out of these 3 probably 3 is the mos crucial.

For the forum, I feel like most of the people here are living from green consciousness with drops of yellow, mostly green though. I feel like a lot of people love stuff intellectually, but a little bit afraid&lack courage to go embody it and live from there. Maybe because they need to do purify themselves as well and work on bottomline for a while which is a bottleneck for them (Carreer, finances, etc). Financial side of things is definitely a bottleneck in my own development, but I work on it everyday and this problem is my priority right now.

What are you thoughts? Where do you peg yourself now? What do you think about forum?

Forum—

T- 20%
Y- 40%
G- 30%
Other- 10%

That is my off the bat guess ? 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

I guess the forum is roughly:

T - 10%

Y - 5%

G - 60%

O - 25%

This forum seems to be a mixture. Leo has attracted a wide variety for an audience due to him covering a wide variety of topics, and that the nature of this forum is self-improvement, which even many people at orange are interested in. I don't rate myself on the spiral anymore, I only use it to sometimes help me understand others. 

@Consept What is acceptable is really just what Leo deems to be acceptable. Maybe Leo's content is increasingly focused on yellow and turquoise, so maybe Leo is more yellow and turquoise, but from what I read of comments there is more orange and green than yellow and turquoise.

10 minutes ago, ShivaShakti said:

@Consept What is acceptable is really just what Leo deems to be acceptable. Maybe Leo's content is increasingly focused on yellow and turquoise, so maybe Leo is more yellow and turquoise, but from what I read of comments there is more orange and green than yellow and turquoise.

I agree there are more green and orange but they're not really aspired to, that's the feeling I get.

Me:

Cognition facet is Yellow.

A lot of other aspects of me are Orange and Green.

Forum population values facet:

• 30% Orange
  • 40% Green 
  • 20% Yellow 
  • 10% Turquoise

The way I decided on those numbers is by thinking: "Out of 10 people how many are Orange, Green, Yellow and Turquoise?" and based on my impressions of interactions I've had previously, I decided on those numbers. 

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

31 minutes ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

Me:

Cognition facet is Yellow.

A lot of other aspects of me are Orange and Green.

Forum population values facet:

• 30% Orange
  • 40% Green 
  • 20% Yellow 
  • 10% Turquoise

The way I decided on those numbers is by thinking: "Out of 10 people how many are Orange, Green, Yellow and Turquoise?" and based on my impressions of interactions I've had previously, I decided on those numbers. 

Take 2,5% of the orange and give it to the blue people who misinterpret this as religious stuff and I think you're pretty accurate.

Me: orange(20%)-GREEN(70%)-yellow(10%).

Forum: I agree with @UnconsciousHuman 

I feel like I resonate with most people here. By having a 2/5 understanding of Spiral Dynamics, I can see that there are still many people here with cooler ideas. The turquoise posts are hard for me to grasp because I lack the direct experience. The yellow shit I find cool but I still need more knowledge.

I'm mostly green.. 

Some bits of blue and yellow in me in some areas as well. 

I see the forum as a mixture of red, blue green and yellow. Also orange. 

Green ~ 50%

Blue ~ 20 %

Red ~ 10 %

Yellow ~ 10%

Orange ~ 10%

I don't know turquoise very well because I am not very acquainted with the turquoise types so didn't include that. But they might be making up the rest. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

This is a really good topic actually.

I'll preface by mentioning some of the major issues and misconceptions I notice myself and other people have when approaching Spiral Dynamics.

1. Stage Turquoise is not synonymous with enlightenment. I notice people a lot of times conflating these two together. I'll explain later why I think this confusion occurrs. (EDIT: I won't).
  2. Each stage has healthy and unhealthy manifestations. When people evaluate themselves and others by using this model, they tend to forget that. But it is crucial for proper and precise evaluation. Why? Because your manifestation affects how you perceive both yourself and others. For example; a healthy stage Red is often confused with stage Orange, and vice-versa. An unhealthy stage Orange is often confused with Red. The same thing goes for Blue and Green. This "health bias" is probably due to the gap between the actual values of the person and the way they manifest in reality. This is a theme through the whole forum.
  3. When we want to use the model to evaluate, we tend to forget that we're evaluating according to certain parameters and criteria that constitute the model, and that they are relative and not necessarily how the world is supposed to be. This affects our evaluation and creates bias. And of course, it affects how we relate to others in real life as we tend to judge them according to the model.
  4. Our mood affects us. Sometimes a positive state/meditation/psychedelics make us think and behave like two stages above, and a negative state/stress make us think and behave.
  5. There the component of understanding and the component of expressiveness. A lot of people here are like myself, non-native speakers, which affects our understanding and expressions to a great degree. But this point applies to everyone including native speakers. When someone posts a question, your level of understanding is not necessarily the same level of your ability to derive the most appropriate thoughts and articulate them correctly in an understandable way for the reader. Besides, the reader will then, depending on their level of understanding, will interpret your posts.
  6. Age plays a crucial effect on your level. The younger you are, the less integrated you're likely to be. In other words, you can be Turquoise in some areas and Red in others, like myself. The older you are, the more integrated you're likely to be, and therefore the more you will be established in a certain stage i.e. not having so much spikes but rather like an average steady stream for most areas.

Okay, let's dig in..

So, mainly, the forum is a very complex variation of stages. I think the estimation process varies greatly from one topic to another, but I'll make some general classification of topics into a few categories while keeping in mind that the main parameter I'm using here is understanding and how sophisticated it is (higher level equals higher sophistication/insight). I'll rate myself as how I perceive myself to be.

• Basic self-help (how to's). For example; I'm mostly Green while Leo is Turquoise at these things. He's like the God of personal development.
  • Advanced self-help (real life experience). This is mainly affected by age. The younger you are, the less experience you have, the more difficult it is for you to give specific nuanced opinions.
  • Enlightenment, and meta understanding. Leo is Yellow. Nahm and Serotoninluv are Turquoise. I'm between Yellow/Turquoise.
  • Psychedelics. I'm mostly Blue/Orange, maybe some Green. Experienced psychonauts like Leo, Nahm, Serotoninluv, etc... are more Yellow/Turquoise.
  • Paranormal abilities and mysticism. It ties in well with the previous one.
  • Dating, relationships, sexuality. I'm mostly Blue/Orange, and some hints of Green. While Leo is mostly Orange/Green with hints of Yellow. This one is really affected by your personality type and how much time you spend with others, so it's also affected by your age. Nahm and Serotoninluv are solid Yellow/Turquoise.
  • Politics. Most people here are Green, some are Orange. Very little are Yellow, and I don't think there's Turquoise. I'm still between Blue and Orange and sometimes even Red (oops!). Leo is Green/Yellow.
  • Career, Life Purpose, etc... Some people are Yellow. Leo is probably Turquoise. I'm Orange/Green. Most others are Green.

Of course, every category can be broken down even further but that's a difficult thing to do. However, if you really want to estimate yourself, I think that's how you should approach the model the best.

I don't know how to end this post. But I guess I've shown some great deal of Yellow/Turquoise here while other comments were more Orange/Green :D

Edited by The observer

Me:

Red: 15%

Orange: 30%

Green: 40%

Yellow: 10%

Turquoise: 5%

The forum: Almost the same as Me, and i think it is a projection as I still do not see things for what they are as I cannot go beyond my mind. 

Edited by Zanoni

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki