CoruptKirin

Beginners Guide to At Home Workouts

13 posts in this topic

For both myself and everyone trapped at home. 

What are ways to build muscle/stay in shape at home? 

Anything helps! 

I bought a pullup and dip bar for like $250, probably the best investment I've made so far.

I recommend a superslow workout. You only do 1 rep for each body part but to complete failure. I do a pullup, dip and overhead squat. Works wonders and only takes around 10 minutes

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

Things that don't require weights: squats, pushups, lunges, dips (use your couch or something), angled pushups (also use couch), jumping jacks, burpees, etc. Honestly google has more answers. Maybe try some yoga.

Personally, there's not much I can do without a gym but I still can go outside and do some cardio. Sometimes I'll run around the neighborhood, or find a flight of stairs and run up and down the stairs for 2mins+ at a time. Then do some pushups, dips, and lunges.

Then obviously eat good, get your proteins, carbs, nutrients.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, CoruptKirin said:

What are ways to build muscle/stay in shape at home? 

Since last April I've been regularly jogging and encountered the winter problem soon. We've got 6 months long winters. Jogging in winter sucks, I've tried it several times before.

I used to do various exercises at home with an interval timer before, but quite frankly I hate it. All that push-ups, squats and shit.

So in the beginning of this winter I've taken some very potent psychedelic substances got desperate for jogging and tried running at place at home with music. After some attempts I realized that it's almost impossible to get as tired with this exercise even if you shake it off really fast for as much time as I do outside. Then I've increased the dose of substances tried raising my hands up in opposition to my landing feet. And it worked! Now I can proudly brag that I've been regularly shaking like an idiot for half a year.

Although now, after several months or regular psychedelic 30-minute seizure it takes much faster movements to pump the blood in my veins effectively. As my body learns these movements it grows in accuracy and naturally makes it very easy and effective. At first this tempo felt really difficult. Now I can seizure in this tempo for all half an hour and it's still not enough. Goddamn quarantine.

Edited by Privet

8 hours ago, Shiva said:

Only one rep? O.o That wouldn't even get my heart rate up by one beat...

Well if you do it correctly, you can only do one rep :D There are some guys getting really shredded doing this. Look up 10x workout from Mindvalley, really cool

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

I use these exercises in the morning : 

The lower back is closely connected to your sense of security, money, etc, root chakra if you prefer that approach. In this time I think it is really smart to put these things as a priority. Also maintaining gut health is really important.

In the afternoon I do pushups, crunches and squats, also I ride a bike every day to get to work. Exercising legs is really important to stay grounded.

Youtube is a treasure trove for at home workouts. I mostly do yoga and light weights. I came across this guy's channel recently and thought it looked awesome. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9BNGVGr_lvbn3d23ckuVOA

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Absolutely plenty of then on youtube you can search for. Best investment I made last month was a thick latex yoga mat, too heavy to ever bring to an IRL yoga class, but at home, it's allowed me to do all kinds of dance cardio core workouts with much more intensity than if I was just stomping on the floor. Gained visible abs despite eating too much.

Best investment I made is $35 for gymnastic rings. Can do your pullups and dips and other gymnastics exercises by hanging them on a tree branch. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

12 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Best investment I made is $35 for gymnastic rings

Seconded. Gymnastic rings are an amazing tool. Painful and hard but you will see results quicker than with TRX or rubber bands. The core is at the centre of every exercise as you try to stabilise them which is an added benefit. 

And you can do a lot of beginner moves as well as highly advanced ones. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I love dance! Both as exercise and art form. It's full body, cardio, burns hella calories, great for mobility, fantastic form of creative expression. 

3221-dancing.jpg

@CoruptKirin I use freeletics bodyweight app..

It's awesome when you use the coach feature.

There are many other apps too like 7 min workouts.

Check funk Roberts and atlean X on YouTube too.

Apart from that take care on your diet.

I read a very funny posture once cheat on your girlfriend not on your diet ?