dboyle

I've Never Taken Drugs Before. Should I Try It Out?

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

So I'm 21 and have never taken drugs before (though I have been drunk before, but only once, and generally choose not to drink alcohol as I don't like the taste). Have never taken things like weed, cocaine, heroin etc. 

My friends have done all this, and have always asked me if I wanted to do them, but I never ever once thought that I should, mainly because I think they're just a waste of time and money, and there honestly isn't any real intrinsic motivation for me to take them. 

Am I being boring and close-minded by choosing not to take any drugs like these? 

Should I just take them just to experience them once in my life and not miss out on the experience? (I currently don't feel like I'm missing out, but these feelings might occur at a later stage in my life?)

I'll also be going to College in September so I guess this sort of lifestyle will be the norm.

Edited by dboyle

1 hour ago, dboyle said:

Hey everyone

So I'm 21 and have never taken drugs before (though I have been drunk before, but only once, and generally choose not to drink alcohol as I don't like the taste). Have never taken things like weed, cocaine, heroin etc. 

My friends have done all this, and have always asked me if I wanted to do them, but I never ever once thought that I should, mainly because I think they're just a waste of time and money, and there honestly isn't any real intrinsic motivation for me to take them. 

Am I being boring and close-minded by choosing not to take any drugs like these? 

Should I just take them just to experience them once in my life and not miss out on the experience? (I currently don't feel like I'm missing out, but these feelings might occur at a later stage in my life?)

I'll also be going to College in September so I guess this sort of lifestyle will be the norm.

If you don't feel compelled to take them, then don't take them. There's no reason to if you don't want to.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

You're not missing out. You're not boring. I don't know a single person who did drugs and are happy about it. Better yet, I don't know a single person who did drugs and it helped them in any way. you'll be doing yourself a favor if you stear clear of any people that encourage you to do so in your college years. If you're worried of missing an experience, that's all it is, an experience, you don't gain anything but there is a whole lot to lose.

Edited by Corte

There is no definite yes or no to this question. What are your motivations that are making you question the resourcefulness of drugs? What do you hope to accomplish with them, long term why do you want whichever specific drugs you are thinking about?

If you want to, then do it. If you don't want to, then don't. Honestly you don't sound like you have any interest/any good reason (life style being the norm it not a good reason, neither is any other sort of conformity) for experiencing drugs, nor does it seem like your very educated about them, so I suggest you hold off for the time being.

5 hours ago, Corte said:

I don't know a single person who did drugs and are happy about it. Better yet, I don't know a single person who did drugs and it helped them in any way. 

Drugs themselves are not bad. Like everything it's more how they are used. For instance, psychedelics are able to induce peak experiences under the right conditions, which certainly can be life changing for the better.

You have completely wrong motivation if you try drugs because youre friends do them. Dont do drugs, because people think youre boring etc.

If you feel the urge to do some psychedelic, then go for it. Stay away from all the other drugs, they have never done anything good.

You need to reaserch and educate yourself about the drug youre doing if youre going to do it.

If youre going to do it, i would recommend smoke little weed or do small dose of msuhrooms.

Psychedelics can offer some beutifull experience but they are not on the must to do list. You dont have to do them.

You don't learn anything from drugs except that is not needed. You wake up the next day and feel like shit. Everyone can do drugs and become funny, outgoing and even get laid. But what's so special about it if everyone can do the same just by taking drugs?

Not everyone can get high with just meditation or even be high 24/7 if you continue the progress. 

But if there is one substance that I respect it would be Psilocybin. You have an amazing time and you remember everything about your new insights the day after. I believe Psilocybin can open the door in your brain to become more open minded and interested in self actualization. But be careful and you really don't need it to become enlighten. 

Every other drug does no good because they won't last. Meditation and mindfulness lasts forever.

20 hours ago, dboyle said:

FUCK NO. Dude, if you honestly don't have the urge to do drugs, NEVER and I fucking repeat NEVER EVER do drugs. Not because they are bad, they are not, and not because you would get instantly addicted and your life is over, that's also not the case in most cases I've personally seen, but don't talk yourself into doing dangerous stuff.

If you have at some time the urge, an intuition or just pure lust to try some shit and have some fun and you think that you can handle it - yeah give it a try. Personally, from knowing SWIM for some time, I saw that there are certain drugs you can have a lot of fun with for some time in your life. But it's very dependent on who you are, what you like and what kind of fun you enjoy.

In the long run some drugs will have very bad side effects on your body and psyche and it's probably healthy to level them down to a few. But that's all a question of what kind of like you'd like to have and I can't give you an answer to that. I could give you enough reasons to fuck yourself up with drugs and have fun or to go to a monastery and get enlightened. There really isn't a right choice to pick here, pick the one (or whatever other) that feels naturally for you. For me it's definitely enlightenment for now and SWIM likes to pepper this up with some good-ass fun :P.

But be wise here, don't talk yourself into drugs.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

If you don't want it don't do it. If you want it do it, but don't take it over the top. I smoked some weed and it got me some meta insight in my life but that is just the effect it has on me. I know a lot of people that just get high and don't do shit. Personally I have decided not to smoke weed anymore because it gets me into a depressed and paranoid state a lot of the times. I still respect the people that do it, I rather just read some books and meditate.

@dboyle Any kind of drug will alter your brain chemistry and potentially make you dependent on it. Many a ruined life started with one innocent first try.

Also, watch Leo's video about the root cause of every addiction (not just drugs):

On 6/26/2016 at 6:29 PM, dboyle said:

Hey everyone

do you think you should kill someone, rob someone,  just so you will have the experience of it?  what  constructive about taking drugs? do you have any idea how many people's lives are screwed up because of drugs, and they never really meant for it to be that way?

@dboyle @Linas

Hi Guys,

I'll let you into a little secret, I used to be involved in the "rave" scene back in the 90's and I have done my time there. 

Despite having convinced myself that I had the time of my life, I now wish I had not done it to be honest.  Not that it did me any visible harm, I'm physically very healthy, but mentally it's been a difficult ride.  If you think you might want to get into consciousness work either now or later on in life my advice is to pass it by, just purely for the fact that abstaining will be easier on your emotional and mental life, in my opinion at least. 

I'm not here to tell you what's right, only what my experience has been. 

Not great!

Thanks

Mal

P.S. and I'm not talking about the "responsible use of psychedelics" for growth purposes, that is a different topic entirely. I'm taking about recreational use only as this is the context of the thread. 

Thanks again!

Edited by Mal

6 hours ago, Linas said:

afcourse u should try every drug posible, so u wont regret in old days that missed something. I suggest start with dayly weed smoking habbit ? it prevents from cancer, and food tastes so much better

I thought we were trying to be serious here.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com