Nahm

Spiritual Healing

25 posts in this topic

I get a lot of questions about Reiki and spiritual healing in general, and thought it would be good to post some info about it. It’s very hard to define or even explain, and truly must be experienced. My hope is this gets some information out and in front of you, and you consider developing a thorough understanding, and begin practicing on yourself and or with others who might have genuine interest as well. I would also strongly recommend scheduling an appointment with a local Reiki, Qi Gong or similar healing modality practitioner, and going and experiencing a session or two for yourself. In either case, if you do and would like to let us know how it went, that would be very much appreciated and also beneficial for others who might be considering it but haven’t tried it yet. Thanks!

Resource: https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/spiritual_healing

Spiritual Healing: You Can Do It

The Correct Application Of The Healing Force Is In The Spirit Of Love

*Spiritual healing as practiced in the religion of Spiritualism is never advocated as a substitute for mainstream medicine but is used in conjunction with mainstream medicine. There is substantial empirical evidence, including scientific research, that demonstrates spiritual healing works (see the section below on recommended reading).

Here is a method of laying-on-of-hands spiritual healing:

*Always advise your sitters to see a doctor if they have a serious condition.

The person receiving healing should sit in a chair.

The healer stands behind the chair and places his hands on the shoulders of the sitter.

The healer mentally repeats the following prayer:

"Oh God, please watch over me and protect me so that only the highest and best forces can influence me."

The healer then mentally repeats the following reminder:

"The correct application of the healing force is in the spirit of love."

At this point the intention to heal is all that is necessary for healing to begin. However the healer may visualize healing light coming down from God into his head and through his hands to the sitter. In addition, the healer can mentally repeat a prayer such as:

"Oh God, please move healing energy through me into [name the sitter] to give him healing for his highest good."

If the desired recipient of healing is at a distant location, the same method is used except the healer's hands will not be in contact with the recipient and the healer may sit or lie down. Several people can be named in the prayer to send healing to all of them.

In self-healing, this same technique would be used with a prayer such as, "Oh God, please may I have healing energy to give me healing for my highest good." (My article A Synthesis of Spiritual Healing and Qi Gong discusses a method of self healing in more detail.)

The healer should always direct his intentions to provide healing for the "highest good" of the sitter rather than for any specific outcome. No one lives forever, however spiritual healing may ease pain and/or ease the transition of passing when a cure is not possible.

A secondary method of self healing may be done with a guided meditation. 

Imagine you are in a place or situation that fills you with good feelings. This might be: relaxing in the back yard of your dream house, being with a cherished pet, or being with a person you love. Whatever would make you feel at peace and content. Notice how good you feel. 

Then think through and visualize the following guided meditation. As you say each line inwardly, try to do it in a relaxing manner. As you repeat this process for several minutes, let yourself drift into a deeply relaxed state.

... And the healing light of God shines down upon me

It permeates my entire being

Healing me physically and emotionally

It dissolves away anger and fear

And fills me with love and forgiveness

Repeat this meditation for several minutes, ten to twenty minutes would be typical.

This healing meditation is especially effective when used in combination with the Practicing Peace meditation.

Another form of mental healing involves visualizing your immune cells winning a fight against harmful viruses, bacteria, or cancer cells. One way to do this is to visualize your immune cells engulfing and destroying, for example, any harmful virus particles in your body. You can combine this with the spiritual healing self-healing techniques described above and even visualize the healing energy adding power to your immune cells to help them in their fight.

When healing another person, it is not necessary to touch the sitter. If the receiver is bedridden the healer and receiver may hold hands or the healer may just sit or stand near the receiver.

This can continue for any amount of time, 5 to 20 minutes would be typical. Repeat as often as desired, daily among family members or weekly from a dedicated healer is typical. Do not expect miraculous results. While there may be a few exceptional healers who can obtain significant results in one treatment, it is more common to repeat treatments over a period of weeks, months, or years depending on the condition. Healing is not synonymous with curing. Do not promise results. Do not make medical diagnoses unless you have a license to do so. Results may come in unexpected ways and times. Healing may manifest in acceptance of the condition or other alternative experiences.

The healing does not come from the healer, it comes through him from a higher source which applies and directs the healing force for the highest good of the sitter. This should be kept in mind by the healer during healing. The healer's intention should not be to heal by his own power. His intention should be to offer himself as a channel through which he moves the healing force.

The healer should be in a relaxed, alert, meditative state. His mind should not be racing or wandering wildly, nor should it be asleep or allowed to drift in a drowsy manner. Super-intense concentration or straining should be avoided. It is possible to think of something else while healing, and this should be avoided too. The healer should only be thinking of healing. If you are repeating a prayer, don't just say the words mindlessly but understand them, be aware of their meaning as you say the prayer. If you mention a person's name, think of the person or visualize them if you know what they look like. If you use the word "God" bring to mind your idea of God when you use the word. If you ask for healing energy to come into you and to flow through you, visualize that. The correct effort of concentration is key to channeling the greatest amount of healing force possible.

The healer should be physically and mentally relaxed, rested, and in good health. If he is upset and cannot relax or (except in self healing) is in ill health, the healing session should be postponed. If the healer is in a depleted state due to dieting, or exhausted from too much exercise, or is very hungry there may be difficulty bringing through the healing force.

If you develop a sense of the healing force flowing through you, you may be able to notice how it fluctuates with the quality of your concentration and other conditions. This type of feedback will allow you to achieve your maximum potential as a healer. Remember your intention, not your effort, is to heal. Your mental effort is to bring through the healing energy. The law of proportional assistance applies here.

There are many, many different types of techniques used for spiritual healing. What they have in common is the intention of the healer to heal. The differences are simply different techniques that help the healer to maintain intention and concentration over an extended period of time. Therefore the best technique will be the one that allows the healer to maintain intention and concentration and this may differ from healer to healer.

Anyone can do this. Psychic ability is not required or even an indicator of healing ability. The sitter does not need faith, it can be used on animals and infants who do not understand anything about it.

Family members of the chronically ill can do this for their loved ones.

Spiritual healing is completely natural to human beings. Every parent who has held a sick child and wished for its recovery has performed this type of healing. When you place your hand on some part of your body in response to pain, you are doing it. Health professionals such as physical therapists, massage therapists, and chiropractors may also be spiritual healers while not being aware of it.

The more you practice healing the more effective you will become. The best healers will have a sincere desire to help others with no thought of reward or recognition.

You can send healing to those not present (distant healing) simply by sitting quietly, entering a meditative state of mind, and praying for healing to be given to those you name. You can visualize healing white light coming down to your head from a higher source while repeating a prayer such as, "Oh God, please move healing energy through me to [name the person(s) to receive healing] to give them healing for their highest good." You may also visualize the recipients in vigorous good health. The length of time for healing would be the same as for laying on of hands. It is typical to do this daily. You can heal more than one person during a session by naming each person individually.

Your ability to transmit the healing force can be improved by practicing every day. This will also attract spirit helpers because it demonstrates your dedication and will give them an opportunity to become attuned to you. You can practice by laying-on-of-hands, by sending healing to those not present, or by sending healing "to where it's needed for the highest good" (a practice which leads to spiritual unfoldment.) All of these methods are equally effective for the development of the healer. 

One way to send healing to where it's needed for the hightest good is through the following prayer:

"May the light of God heal and bless the world."

Repeat this prayer in meditation while imagining divine healing light flowing from a higher source into you. The healing force will flow from you into the world, but your concentration should be focused on receiving it from above. This will create spiritual contact between you and divine beings who will assist you as a spiritual worker.

There is also an article on my blog, A Synthesis of Spiritual Healing and Qi Gong, that describes an exercise you can practice daily to develop your ability to feel the qualities of healing energy with your hands and to develop your ability to move healing energy through your body. It also allows you to practice self healing, healing people who are at a distance from the healer, sending healing energy to where it's needed for the highest good.

There is another article on my blog that explains how to make a psi wheel. A psi wheel is a simple device that responds to the healing energy. You can use this device to practice and develop your spiritual healing skills. There is also an article on how to use qi gong exercises to help develop your ability to do spiritual healing.

Remember: The correct application of the healing force is in the spirit of love.

Recommended Reading

Healing Methods

A Synthesis of Spiritual Healing and Qi Gong describes an exercise you can practice daily to develop your ability to feel the qualities of healing energy with your hands and to develop your ability to move healing energy through your body. It also allows you to practice self healing, healing people who are at a distance from the healer, sending healing energy to where it's needed for the highest good.

Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art By Diane Stein

"The Therapeutic Touch: How to Use Your Hands to Help or to Heal" By Dolores Krieger

Becoming One with Nature: Restore Yourself with Tai Chi 
by Martin Lee, Ph.D., Emily Lee, TC Master, Melinda & Joyce Lee

The Complete Idiot's Guide to T'ai Chi an QiGong 
Third Edition by Bill Douglas. See Part 3 which is about QiGong.

It is a misunderstanding to distinguish between the physical world and the spirit planes. They are all part of the one universe. This misunderstanding occurs because people have difficulty perceiving the spirit planes. However the distinction made by extremists who blindly prefer either spiritual healing or mainstream medicine is incorrect. Both healing technologies have their areas of effectiveness in treating the complex being of a spirit incarnated in a physical body. For example, if a bone is broken, it would be most efficient to set the bone with physical manipulations and once the ends are correctly aligned, then apply spiritual healing in conjunction with the body's natural healing process.

There are a number of factors that can influence the effectiveness of spiritual healing:

The amount of healing force the healer is able to conduct.

The skills of the spirit guides directing the healing force conducted by the healer.

The karmic needs of the recipient.

If an illness is intended to teach something to the recipient, then spiritual healing may help the recipient understand the lesson rather than help with the illness.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm curious about this type of healing. This guide seems oriented as transmittance: the healer in some way transmits healing energy - perhaps directly, or as a channel from a "higher source". That is my impression of Reiki (of which I have little experience or ability). I know a few Reiki masters and they all seem to have the ability to transmit, intuit and transform energetics. . . I think this would be an awesome ability to have and I hope it continues to develop.

I'm also curious if it's possible for a spiritual healer to have another orientation. As part of a buddhist group, I dabbled a bit in Tonglen meditation. Here, the person "absorbs" the unhealthy energy from another. Would this be a form of "spiritual healing?". . . . Another dynamic might be that the unhealthy energy is "shared", which could allow for it's dissolution. Or maybe my mind is just making stuff up. . . 

41 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Here, the person "absorbs" the unhealthy energy from another.

@Serotoninluv Or maybe they just act as sort of a 'heat sink' that dissipates the unhealthy energy from another.

Awesome post! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Forget tango, Reiki is the thing. 

?

Superstar has to go there, ok. Synchronicities and all that. 

Yeah works wonders will give you that. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Amazingly informative, thank you friend! Have you ever heard of healing someone through the use of a psi ball or energy ball? Is this effective at all? Thank you!

Great post, lots of information there.

What's your take on reiki and qi gong's potential in opening yourself up to alternative states of consciousness, understanding who you are, how you work, why you're here, etc? 

I know reiki is used for healing, which I'd imagine means (defined as) relieving suffering. But what about going beyond suffering and exploring consciousness out of curiosity and expression for loving what you are? Helping you to break out of the matrix (physical universe, assumptions) and getting conscious of the inner workings of infinite intelligence, the origins of the universe, etc?

@Nahm

Thank you so much for this. :)

I really needed it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

11 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I'm curious about this type of healing. This guide seems oriented as transmittance: the healer in some way transmits healing energy - perhaps directly, or as a channel from a "higher source". That is my impression of Reiki (of which I have little experience or ability). I know a few Reiki masters and they all seem to have the ability to transmit, intuit and transform energetics. . . I think this would be an awesome ability to have and I hope it continues to develop.

I'm also curious if it's possible for a spiritual healer to have another orientation. As part of a buddhist group, I dabbled a bit in Tonglen meditation. Here, the person "absorbs" the unhealthy energy from another. Would this be a form of "spiritual healing?". . . . Another dynamic might be that the unhealthy energy is "shared", which could allow for it's dissolution. Or maybe my mind is just making stuff up. . . 

I hear ya. It’s been particularly interesting seeing people try these sessions and classes for the first time, and experiencing the subtle nuanced yet unmistakable energy flow directly, ‘right out of the gate’. There seems to be correlation with intention and how the moment unfolds, more so than applicable talents or development of any individuals involved. There’s a bit to learn, but overall it’s discovering something one has been able to ‘do’ all along, but just, didn’t know.

I haven’t experienced or seen the unhealthy energy side of things, but I have seen people’s perspectives change pretty dramatically, pretty quickly. The ‘energy’ just ‘says’ & ‘does’, what words can not. Just a downright cool thing to try something new, and experience things like feeling ‘palm energy’ and hour or so later. I could see where the more ‘mind oriented’ visions of past lives, precognition, clairvoyance, the ‘deeper’ stuff ties into some daily meditation and general well being. One particular thing I find amazing, is how these practices reduce overthinking, and ‘blow up’ (in the good way) other daily practices. Even just a itsy bitty glimpse, of how much ‘sense’ loving & healing makes of reality, can crank up the benefits of even meditation. For anyone who’s practiced meditation, and maybe had a trip or retreat or two, it can really be a cohesive experience, tying it all together, if you will. 

11 hours ago, cetus56 said:

Or maybe they just act as sort of a 'heat sink' that dissipates the unhealthy energy from another.

Yeah. Kind of a sweet little paradox...one relaxes and focuses on healing, or even ‘already healed’ on behalf of another, and indeed a ‘higher power’ reveals itself, with the body basically serving as a ‘point of focus’. Perhaps the greatest facet, is that everyone involved experiences love & healing. It just tends to ‘getcha’. 

9 hours ago, Mo0ngrass said:

Thank you for this. 

Thank you ??

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Awesome post! 

??♥️

4 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Forget tango, Reiki is the thing. 

?

Superstar has to go there, ok. Synchronicities and all that. 

Yeah works wonders will give you that. 

It’s hard not to love. ☺️

3 hours ago, Thomas_VH said:

Amazingly informative, thank you friend! Have you ever heard of healing someone through the use of a psi ball or energy ball? Is this effective at all? Thank you!

Thanks. Yes actually. In the first reiki class energy is usually first experienced in the palms and tuned into more by feeling them together, and ‘making a ball’. Can’t necessary ‘explain’ it, but the ball energy is also felt in connection with crown chakra. 

3 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Great post, lots of information there.

What's your take on reiki and qi gong's potential in opening yourself up to alternative states of consciousness, understanding who you are, how you work, why you're here, etc? 

I know reiki is used for healing, which I'd imagine means (defined as) relieving suffering. But what about going beyond suffering and exploring consciousness out of curiosity and expression for loving what you are? Helping you to break out of the matrix (physical universe, assumptions) and getting conscious of the inner workings of infinite intelligence, the origins of the universe, etc?

Thanks. I would say it’s a very direct way of seeing more of ‘who we are’, and perhaps that there is a making ‘sense’ to reality itself, often previously unseen. It’s hard to say wether that could be said to be purpose, or connection / unity, but perhaps they are one and the same. 

As far as ‘breaking out of the matrix’, yes. I’d say that is exactly accurate. I recall thinking how great it’d be if there were somewhere one could go, where mystical experiences, loving & healing, and fun like mined people are sharing these common interests. I distinctly remember being in the reiki class and realizing...oh, it’s this. Lol. Of course this stuff can never ultimately be expressed with words, but it was a very life changing visceral ‘coming back to the relative’ so to speak, ime. Only to find of course, the delight, that there isn’t any. Such a wonderful ‘bridge’ from ‘self’ transcendence, to collective consciousness, and even ‘beyond’. Who’d of guessed...love & healing ‘unlocks’ an understanding of what the heck quantum physicists are talkin about. Wild. 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Nahm

Thank you so much for this. :)

I really needed it. 

?? I hear ya. We all do, imo. All in this together, no doubt. 

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

I haven’t experienced or seen the unhealthy energy side of things, but I have seen people’s perspectives change pretty dramatically, pretty quickly. The ‘energy’ just ‘says’ & ‘does’, what words can not. Just a downright cool thing to try something new, and experience things like feeling ‘palm energy’ and hour or so later. I could see where the more ‘mind oriented’ visions of past lives, precognition, clairvoyance, the ‘deeper’ stuff ties into some daily meditation and general well being. One particular thing I find amazing, is how these practices reduce overthinking, and ‘blow up’ (in the good way) other daily practices. Even just a itsy bitty glimpse, of how much ‘sense’ loving & healing makes of reality, can crank up the benefits of even meditation. For anyone who’s practiced meditation, and maybe had a trip or retreat or two, it can really be a cohesive experience, tying it all together, if you will. 

Yea, "unhealthy energy" is insn't the best term. I'm not sure how to say it. Perhaps "energetic block"? . . If there is spiritual "healing" that would suggest there is "pre-healed" and "post-healed". Yet I don't know how to express it in words.

The term "palm energy" and how people already have the ability caught my attention. A Reiki practicioner told me similar. I tried putting my hand over her head and felt a tingly sensation, yet as soon as thinking entered to "explain it", it vanished. . . Also, I've been having nonstop paresthesia in my hands, legs and feet. At times, it feels like my hands and feet are falling asleep. Other times, it's like a swirling energy. It can be uncomfortable and annoying or kinda cool and intriguing. I've been concerned it's peripheral neuropathy and got extensive blood work done ruling out diabetes, thyroid, kidney or vitamin deficiencies. I also saw a neurologist who did basic sensory, motor and balance tests - she thinks its a benign phenomena. I'll be getting an MRI and EMG in the next couple months. . . Yet, when she said "benign phenomena" the first idea was "paranormal" - like it could be some type of Reiki-ish or Kundhalini-ish type of energy. . .  I'm now shifting toward seeing physical doctors to spiritualists - perhaps see what a Reiki-ist or accupuncturist thinks. 

19 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yea, "unhealthy energy" is insn't the best term. I'm not sure how to say it. Perhaps "energetic block"? . . If there is spiritual "healing" that would suggest there is "pre-healed" and "post-healed". Yet I don't know how to express it in words.

Yeah...the “word problem”. These of course are just more of them...but...I’ve contemplated the appearing duality of healing as well, and it led to what I refer to as (cheapening with words again...) “Cosmic Consciousness”. Now, the words white hole & forgetting, and the words black hole and remembering, seem the same. Kind of a mind bender...but I had certain realizations...and then began contemplating them backwards, and had a few more. Surely sounds like regular ol ballyhoo, but there might be something ‘there’. 

19 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The term "palm energy" and how people already have the ability caught my attention. A Reiki practicioner told me similar. I tried putting my hand over her head and felt a tingly sensation, yet as soon as thinking entered to "explain it", it vanished. . . Also, I've been having nonstop paresthesia in my hands, legs and feet. At times, it feels like my hands and feet are falling asleep. Other times, it's like a swirling energy. It can be uncomfortable and annoying or kinda cool and intriguing. I've been concerned it's peripheral neuropathy and got extensive blood work done ruling out diabetes, thyroid, kidney or vitamin deficiencies. I also saw a neurologist who did basic sensory, motor and balance tests - she thinks its a benign phenomena. I'll be getting an MRI and EMG in the next couple months. . . Yet, when she said "benign phenomena" the first idea was "paranormal" - like it could be some type of Reiki-ish or Kundhalini-ish type of energy. . .  I'm now shifting toward seeing physical doctors to spiritualists - perhaps see what a Reiki-ist or accupuncturist thinks. 

I’m familiar with that, I experience it also. I agree with seeing doctors. I also agree with talking with a reiki practitioner...but only to the extent to sign up for the classes. (So bold ?)   Some say there are those energy vortexes within the body as well, spinning one way or the other. Alignment being all of them ‘spinning’ the same way. I’d swear there’s a parallel there of each life, and of the collective ‘life’. Sometimes a little swirly in the palm, can help a little reversed-swirly in someone else’s chakra. 

@Nahm thanks brother! Do you think Reiki could be seen as a temporary fix for energy blockages if there is no change or shift in habits/patterns of thought/beliefs that are manifesting the issues? I am motivated to explore energy work through my own experiences with self healing while tripping and through my "food freedom" journey doing chi gong and meditation. I am very intrigued to understand more about how higher frequency energy impact the more dense or even blocked energy of others. Really cool stuff 

@Nahm So these formless orbs in my palms are Healing thing. I have them for so long dunno what it is. 

May I laugh at materialism? Like really laugh?

Entire thing is a joke ❤️ it really is. 

Can't laugh all the time you know. Messy messy. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Do you think Reiki could be seen as a temporary fix for energy blockages if there is no change or shift in habits/patterns of thought/beliefs that are manifesting the issues?

Yes, it is. In reference to just one session, clarity naturally ensues, and those things are seen more clearly and are much more approachable. Then taking the classes, much more of the same. The inner Kriya (the choice to love & heal), and The Mind are always most prior, imo. I think I’d call that love & healing, even re-membering, though perception and thought tell a different story. And I’m not gonna be critical about anyone having anything wrong with them that could be said to be fixed. ‘More aligned”, perhaps.  :) 

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

I am motivated to explore energy work through my own experiences with self healing while tripping and through my "food freedom" journey doing chi gong and meditation. I am very intrigued to understand more about how higher frequency energy impact the more dense or even blocked energy of others. Really cool stuff 

You might like Jin Shin Jyutsu. Check more sites than that one, as I think it primarily focuses on energy work with acupuncture. Jin Shin Jyutsu is a much deeper dive than reiki as it brings the nervous system into account in understanding. In terms of the “of others” part, that is let go in any of the modalities, which is a big part of how it “works”. (I don’t know how it works) 

@zeroISinfinity

To me it’s as if you already have people in your hands. Getting jealous. ? Dang spiritually gifted people. 

Ok how to actually "get" these mystical powers. 

Has to come from ❤️. 

Pure selfless desire to help. 

You really want to love you get it. 

Even if you want to heal your body you will get it or you will get provided by some one "else". 

So love yourselves too don't be ? for God's sake. 

Whole of spirituality is leading you to get to know your own ❤️. 

@Nahmjust a regular dude my man. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Nahm 

I hope it's ok to ask a few newbie questions. . .  With psychedelic work, we often talk about how "mindset" can effect the trip. Many people set an "intention" prior to a trip. Would you say there may be greater Reiki benefits if someone "let's go of resistance" during a Reiki session? . . . Let's say a "regular guy" gets a Reiki gift certificate for his birthday from his "airy fairy" cousin. The guy thinks Reiki is "woo woo", yet doesn't want the gift certificate to go to waste, so goes to the session. Could he still get benefits? . Might this be a different relationship than say someone who has experience with lucid dreaming and psychedelics.

I've consider doing hypnosis and past life regression, yet its expensive and a part of me questions whether I would full let go into the hypnosis - like I can let go with psychedelics, lucid day dreams, sensory deprivation tanks etc. I seem to do better when I am solo drifting into another world than "another person" working on "me". When the "me" dissolves away when I'm with "others", it's just ISness - it's not like "I'm receiving" anything. I'm curious how this might play out with Reiki. Is it helpful for newbies to prepare before like, like they might prepare before a trip?

I'm also away that these are thought stories. Please let me know if such thought stories are disruptive to the essence of the thread. I thought there might be some other newbies around as well. 

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Ok how to actually "get" these mystical powers

I honestly don’t know. If I did, I’d have em. Perhaps because I don’t know, I experience em ??‍♂️...and reality appears sufficiently mystical enough already, no? 

@Serotoninluv

As you might imagine..I’ve ‘handed out’ some gift cards. :ph34r: My advice for those who are curious, cautious, skeptical, or even cynical Is “you don’t need to think, believe, or do anything at all. It has nothing to do with any of that. You just show up and sit in the chair, or lay on the table, and relax. That’s it.”  So far, ‘muggles’ who have dared to venture to Hogwarts have given rave reviews. The energy might not be the level of ‘shocking’, but the experience is. A medium I know went for her first Reiki session last week, and was blown away. She signed up for next weekend’s classes. A masseuse I know went for one session a couple weeks ago, and was also “shocked”, and is taking the classes as well.... and single handedly (double handedly ?) bringing Reiki to the salon she works at. Noteworthy imo...she realized by doing reiki and massage therapy, she could do more sessions in one day, as massage takes some effort...where as a reiki practitioner, she’s healing & making income, and receiving healing herself.  Appreciating your question btw. . ??

I would also say that the extent one has ‘travelled on the path’ does have relevancy. There are sober mystical experiences to be had with others, which are perfectly on par with those of reality in the solo setting, and I would even say make more / deeper sense of reality / shed some skins. I would even go so far as to say that healing / love & mystical experiences are identical, though often do not seem related at first. It’s a delicious pairing, as we all know there is ‘pushing the extent of a trip’ so to speak, and the integration work (blessing) which inevitably follows. Sober healing mystical experiences break a glass ceiling on solo trips & retreats in a new way (ime), and even shattered my idea of integration, embodiment, and transcendence (and I was very convinced I was “done”)...trips are ‘made anew’. It’s basically a loving healing cornucopia of general mystical hubble-bubble. 

With relativity to trips...those who have had a “bad trip” seem to be least likely to try such experiences...but would benefit most. It’s right up there with experiencing past lives, while not believing in past lives. Angels next? Who knows. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I'm curious how this might play out with Reiki. Is it helpful for newbies to prepare before like, like they might prepare before a trip?

Ime, it plays out like 1 + 1 = 100 (the pairing of trips and healing modalities). It’s a hell of an answer in general to the question “how do I stay in that mystical awesomeness in real life?” As far as preparation, I’d say it’s not specific like prepping for a substance trip (empty stomach, set & setting), but that general well being & experiencing as such applies. I would think one would “get more out of it” the better their diet, thoughts, habits, practices, etc. At the same time, it is most helpful in bringing clarity and an attitude of conductivity to those very things. 

@Nahm I'm curious about reiki and new dimensions of life like energy, yet i dont have a need to heal. I dont feel like i need to heal anything. Because of that, having a reiki session seems silly. You wouldnt go to your GP if you didnt have a cold and was curious about medicine. How do you get exposed to reiki from more of a metaphysical scientist standpoint, rather than some poor depressed soul looking for a way of of their misery?