The Don

Why Is Consciousness A Good Thing?

13 posts in this topic

Hello.

Sometimes I'm frightened when I think about eternity.

Why is consciousness a good thing?

Why should we perceive reality as a good thing?

When we look at the past, we see too much suffering.

The human condition is so tragic that even Jesus Christ lost faith in God for a second when He was crucified.

I don't know... Reality confuses me.

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don ultimately and absolutely it is not good or bad

it just IS - as it is.

relatively, events, people, individuals can be good or bad depending on your own subjective beliefs about what is defined as good or bad.

the ultimate "goodness" of consciousness points at loving/allowing of any&every thing which can be.

and it is also ultimately GOOD because it is ONE

are you "good" to your body? do you thank yourself for scratching an itch or drinking water when you are thirsty? you're naturally in love with your body and are good to yourself

same way, consiousness is naturally in love with its body... which is its own self.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

On 3/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, The Don said:

Sometimes I'm frightened when I think about eternity.

That thought can’t actually be about eternity, because you already are eternity, and you’re kinda...awesome. 

It’s witty, charming, funny, inquisitive, loyal, honest and loving. 

That’s just a thought, arising now. You’re also sneaky! :) 

The human condition is so tragic that even Jesus Christ lost faith in God for a second when He was crucified.

It’s not like he was mic’d. It’s a parable, a story. The point is that it’s ok if you lose your faith. God’s got your back unconditionally... “Forgive them, for they know not what they do”. (The Holy Spirit returned to Jesus)

God tried forbidding Adam & Eve, flooding the earth, and ‘sending himself’ (Jesus)...we’re 0/3 on the judgment scoreboard. The whole point is don’t judge, just live - create. It’s a lot like “Only you, can prevent forrest fires”. Nothing confusing about that...unless we judge. God also said, that if we do - we’re on our own with it from now on. ? 

When they find it, they will not say here it is! Or there it is! For the kingdom of heaven is within you”.

Even when all hope and all faith is lost - still - even then - don’t judge yourself!

♥️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, The Don said:

A "good" thing relative to what? Is it good relative to my welfare as a person and human? Or is it "good" relative to worms crawling within dirt?

@Nahm Very, very accurate interpretation for consciousness. Except I personally see playfulness instead of wit or funniness. Not necessarily a source of humor or brilliant communicator/wordsmith, but does radiate a sense of 'play' (with words, ideas, concepts, abilities, anything). 

Edited by Artaemis

@Nahm In fact, I can sense ideology and over-identification around wit and humor in many instances. Which is no issue from a playful stance but can lead to suffering. 

This is like saying why is Peace and Happiness a 'good' thing? 

Awaken and then see what Consciousness truly is! :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 10/03/2020 at 10:56 PM, Artaemis said:

@Nahm Very, very accurate interpretation for consciousness. Except I personally see playfulness instead of wit or funniness. Not necessarily a source of humor or brilliant communicator/wordsmith, but does radiate a sense of 'play' (with words, ideas, concepts, abilities, anything). 

I retract this comment after further analysis.

Your ego is planking up mental barriers. You are using your self-defense mechanisms.

Contemplate alone from first principles/direct experience. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Good and bad are constructs emerging from yourself (this is good because it's good for my survival, this is bad because it's bad for my survival). But this whole thing, the fact that "good and bad" is happening, is ultimately, Good. It's like if you have a daughter, she does beautiful things like starting a family, she also does terrible things...but to you, this play of "good" and "bad" in her, is all Good, her existence is Good, to you. Because there is something deeper, she is you

Edited by Aaron p

@The Don Your direct motivation to do this work doesn't have to be a desire for truth per se. It can just be to understand and see why you're suffering. I've tried lying to myself before that I was doing this work to "seek truth", but no I just want to stop suffering. That makes me more truthful without getting lost in mental landscape.

Prior to the onset of apathy and dejection are powerful emotions of frustration, misery, anxiety, fear. It doesn't matter if you feel those powerful emotions, there's no shame. No shame in you being pissed or annoyed. Be pissed, be annoyed. Scream to the heavens, hate God. Your intentionality will unlock doors. 

---
Flux=death. No flux--->No perception/reality/consciousness ( imagine time standing still, or a 0 dimensional object. This thing in brackets isn't so important, just a tangent you may indulge in.). Once you can see first hand that death is literally life, you'll be more "liberated". If you befriend death, what can harm you? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.