Raptorsin7

Life Purpose AMA

47 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I recently found my life purpose thanks to both Leo's course and my spiritual awakening.

I thought it could be fun to do an AMA for people who are thinking about starting the course, or people who are on the fence about purchasing the course or are skeptical of the idea of life purpose in general.

If you have ANY question feel free to ask and I will give you as detailed an answer I can. The more specific the question, the better the answer I can give.

Also, full disclosure. I feel I have my found my life purpose and I am very confident I'm going to be successful. But as of now I'm in the early stages of my startup/life purpose so I don't want to come across like I've already made it or anything.

I am very confident that I have found the path to success, but be skeptical of my advice. And if doesn't make sense to you, or it sounds like bull shit, trust your intuition and don't take my word for it. Find the truth of the situation for yourself.

Are you not afraid of losing that purpose the deeper you dive into god consciousness and exploration of reality?  Unless it's correlated with that. ;)

@fridjonk No i'm not. My life purpose is about teaching people to be happier playing video games. So it incorporates god consciousness and non-duality because these are the most effective principles to help people improve their well being and happiness.

In my view, life purpose allows me to implement all the insights i've had from my awakenings, and allows a path to make money doing something I already love. Like right now i'm trying to get the highest rank in league of legends to gain credibility when i start my website and start writing, and i play multiple hours per day like 4 hours plus. I used to play this much anyways i just never got paid for it, or even realized I could get paid for it lol.

I also don't plan on doing this specific company/start up forever. I have other plans in the future too, this is just a logical next step in my life. Life purpose has allowed me a path to complete financial freedom, and then some, basically doing something i love and would do for free, and something i have been doing for free.  

Your life purpose sounds really interesting and actual!

Do you already have a more specific idea on how to teach people? Can you share your plans for the future?

I have a big gaming history(Dota & WoW), so really like to hear how you will combine your passion with your life purpose.

I have more questions to come :)

Edited by Artiekee
grammar

7 hours ago, Artiekee said:

Do you already have a more specific idea on how to teach people? Can you share your plans for the future?

My long term plan is to be a writer, and express my ideas about self actualization, enlightenment etc. I also want to do life coaching/enlightenment coaching because that was one of the best things i've done on the path so far.

In the near term my plan is to get challenger in league of legends, then i'm going to write guides on how to get challenger using spiritual concepts. Meditation, psychidelics, why toxicity is bad, how to be happier playing etc. Once i'm challenger i'm going to start writing and releasing content regularly on my website. Most of my content will be about gaming culture, league of legends itself, why it's important to be happy playing, why toxic competitveness is stupid, stuff like that.

I've played games my entire life. I played halo 3 and gears on xbox. I played many years of wow. I played overwatch competitively. So i have quite a diverse background with gaming.

@Raptorsin7  i have been wanting to start my own bussniss for a long time now

my first idea didnt seem good enough so I kept looking for better ideas, trying to re invent the wheel , u could said , as  a resault , months and months have passed an nothing has been done

now i am back to that first idea i had, ready to jump into the unknow,  scared to do so, but determinated

any advise ?

@Hello from Russia I'm on NA west, and i'm a gold 4 adc.

@kira Have you found god yet? I recommend awakening first before pursuing a business/life purpose. I also highly recommend doing Leo's life purpose course. My idea just came to me from a long meditation session, but i honestly don't think it would be this easy for me if i wasn't already awakened. Where would you peg yourself on spiral dynamics?

@Raptorsin7 I would slightly disagree man. It all depends where someone is in life, for example, if someone is struggling financially it's probably best they sort that out While/Before serious awakening work as it can give them more freedom/ relieve the stress around financial worries etc. 

Also, post-awakening you can both start another business, upgrade your own or simply sell your current business, I do agree that awakening can help a lot with aligning your business to the understanding and building a business based on love and wanting to create value as it's main purpose. 

I'm just saying I wouldn't say there's one path for everyone, some people imo need other parts of PD before going straight for enlightenment. 

Like say someone is obese and unemployed, of course, recommend meditation, but telling them they are God probably isn't meeting them where they are at in that case. For them, it's probably more advisable to dive into health, Exercise, get a job or maybe start a business and putting awakening on the backburner if you get me?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I understand. But i think what works, works. So enlightenment is the really the best advice you could give someone, if you could make it work for them.

But i agree not everyone should go straight for enlightenment, other pd might help them more idk. I can only speak from direct experience, and for me when i went all in on enlightenment and stopped caring about anything else my life dramatically improved. I can only recommend what I know works, and this I am confident works.

@Raptorsin7 I know what you're saying, but just be wary that what worked for you, may not be the ideal path for everyone, often it's not as simple as that. 

If someone has the burning desire for truth like we did then go for it, but if that isn't there, that's when I would say you can appropriate the understanding as a direct response to the situation :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 It's always dependent on the person. What worked for me may not work for someone else, because we are all unqie and have different histories.

But enlightenment is the greatest thing to ever happen to me and it's not even close. I think this needs to be said first and if it doesn't resonate then so be it, but i can't not recommend the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.

@Raptorsin7 Yes of course! Self-Realization is always the greatest 'thing' to happen to 'me' too, and nothing beats abiding peace and happiness. 

Simultaneously, I am just wary many simply are not ready to hear that they don't actually have a little me, and the little 'I' is nothing more than a fiction story, so for those people, you may look to recommend an alternative first. 

However, of course, if someone appears to be ready, the best thing you can do is help them see the truth of their own being. 

I still feel even post-awakening, there is still room for more typical 'PD' work such as optimizing health, Shadow& Emotional work, improving relationships. building a business/ life purpose etc. But, like you said all of that becomes far easier without an I-thought getting in your way and resisting. Someone mentioned yesterday after decades of enlightenment Shinzen Young still needed to go to therapy to sort out some emotional issues! 

I guess I'm trying to say Self-Realization is more like being reborn and starting to truly live life, rather than it being a complete end to life. Now you have the complete freedom to do as you wish in life, and you are no longer expecting happiness and fulfillment from objects, relationships, activities etc so these also have a kind of freedom that allows you to enjoy them even more. A great paradox! 

@LfcCharlie4 No I agree man. Life didn't really begin for me until my awakening. I had a great child hood up until about age 9, but since that point i was always unconsciously seeking happiness but never found it until now. I'm not even close to done embodiment tbh, i have a lot of toxic psychology to up root but my life is completely different now. It's not a stretch to say I was born again.

I don't like all the non-duallity talk tbh. I think it's confusing and i wish there was more practical language. There's a reason the budhha preached against asecthisscsm lol

@Raptorsin7 Honestly, if you have toxic psychology, don't rule out typical psychological work being able to help. 

For example, I have a very addictive personality, and that hasn't changed post-awakening,, what it has done has allowed me to be much more honest and aware of this issue and as a result, take the required actions. 

And, I agree, after all, Self-Realization is simply that, the realization of the truth of our own being. That's like chapter 3/20 say, then there's actually living the understanding in all areas of life (embodiment), integrating and dealing with any issues you face, and of course, still being HUMAN which many Non-Duality worshippers forget. You aren't suddenly going to grow wings and fly. 

While the teaching itself is incredibly simple, it doesn't mean there isn't nuances and issues we may face post-awakening that need to be dealt with appropriately. 

Do you think that video games is the best thing for the world?

@Mada_ I think the best thing for the world is for people to wake up to the truth, and become happier and more conscious.

Video games is my channel to spread the truth. I just want people to be happy. Video games will be how i reach people.

@Raptorsin7 I sincerely have my doubts about your vision, although it would be awesome if one day those doubts are proven to be dead wrong.

I've been a gamer (borderline addict) my whole life as well. It took me quite a lot to really let go of the choke-hold that games have had on my life.

It's taken serious awareness for me to notice the ever-increasing hollowness inside me as I would keep playing, and as much as I love these games (especially for their nostalgic value!) at my current awareness level it's simply untenable to keep playing.

The fantasy only lasts for 15 or so minutes until I'm confronted with emptiness. In the past I would suppress that and get lost in the fantasy (and really, that right there has been the value of gaming for me my whole life) but that's no longer possible. I'm at the point in my journey where I'd much rather prefer to sit there with the emptiness, to be curious, to befriend it.

Just recently (this past week, actually!) I finally "denounced gaming for the rest of my life."

Not in a reactive, toxic, withholding or fearful manner, but in a loving, passing, bittersweet manner.

So that actually means that I might end up playing games again, lol. This "pact" isn't anything neurotic or serious.

But it IS a commitment to presence and awareness.

Now, certainly you could argue that "you can do whatever you want post-enlightenment... there is nothing 'bad' about gaming as long as you do it with consciousness" but that doesn't do it for me.

From certain perspectives (perhaps yours, though don't let me speak for you), that frame of reference is 100% applicable. From other perspectives it is definitely not applicable.

For some people, it's simply the case that video games are holding them back in their spiritual development.

Don't even get me started on the devious ways that modern video games are carefully crafted to lull you into unconsciousness!

To me it feels like you are trying to mash incompatible subject matters together. It's as though you want to be an candy store and weight-loss program at the same time. Interestingly, those two DO have some commonality! For example, maybe people who eat a lot of candy would like a weight-loss regimen. So your store would be perfect! Right?

Well, I think that's overly optimistic, because realistically, most people who love candy don't care about weight loss, and most people who care about weight-loss have nothing to do with candy. It's a small, small minority that actively goes for both... either people struggling with temptations/relapse/guilt (who you really shouldn't be selling candy to), or people who have accepted a balanced but rather lax lifestyle. So even if your target audience is the latter, your store seems to have a conflict of interest, and the brand looks confused.

Similarly, here you are trying to be a video game connoisseur who advocates for consciousness and enlightenment. Whatever commonality those things have, you seem to see it! But that's certainly lost on me, and I suspect it will be lost on the rest of the world as well.

To round out the analogy, most people who love video games don't care about consciousness or enlightenment, and most people who care about consciousness and enlightenment don't care about video games. It's a small, small minority that actively goes for both... either people struggling with temptations/relapse/guilt (who you really shouldn't be selling video game stuff to), or people who have accepted a balanced but rather lax lifestyle. So even if your target audience is the latter, your business seems to have a conflict of interest, and the brand looks confused.

Even if you do manage to pull it off... by somehow drawing amazing parallel insights and perfectly targeting the right people, you're still inherently limiting the ceiling of your work, I think. What if one day it turns out that you'll have to drop video games entirely to really push to the forefront of spiritual communication? Well, maybe that's not on your mind yet, but if you ever run into that wall you will need to go through the stress of a massive re-branding.

Since this is an AMA, I guess my question would just be: have you thought carefully through all of these concerns I've expressed? Is there a side to the story that I'm not seeing, or an opening that's very obvious to you but not necessarily the world?

I hope it's clear that none of this is meant to be an attack on your vision. You're clearly passionate, and I would love to see that bear fruit. I'm just wondering about the practical side of things.

All claims are based on personal experience, and encounters with fellow gamers and consciousness enthusiasts.

It's Love.

@RendHeaven I have 100% confidence in my idea. Your concerns are your own.

@Nahm 2 weeks ago my response would have been different haha

14 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Since this is an AMA, I guess my question would just be: have you thought carefully through all of these concerns I've expressed? Is there a side to the story that I'm not seeing, or an opening that's very obvious to you but not necessarily the world?

It's Love.