Raptorsin7

Life Purpose AMA

47 posts in this topic

On 22.3.2020 at 8:14 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

@Bazooka Jesus How's your embodiment of that realization off the drugs?

Sor far, my day to day embodiment of these insights has been pretty abysmal, to be perfectly honest. Recently, my roomate approached me and said "dude, I hear your swearing a lot when you're alone in your room, and it sounds kind of unhealthy to me"... haha, poor guy. He probably thinks that he is living together with a goddamn psycho, and he might just be right about that, lol.

What can I say, it is a strange state that I am currently stuck in. It's like a weird limbo where I feel at once more placid and more insanely neurotic than perhaps ever before in my life; it's almost like I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, but the light has blinded me so much that the blackness inside the tunnel seems darker and more impenetrable than ever. (Which might be par for the course when you are pursuing the types of hobbies that we are into, but it is kind of unsettling nonetheless.)

What do you think your issue is then with respect to life purpose?

Well, that's what I am currently trying to find out! I have a strong hunch though that my central problem is a deeply ingrained sense of worthlessness that I have been carrying around since childhood; I still vividly remember that as a little kid I used to think that my very existence is almost an insult to all other people, that I am nothing but a waste of space and that I should never have been born in the first place. I basically see the world as a scary and threatening place full of traps and stumbling blocks, and I just don't believe that I got what it takes to overcome resistance of any kind. I simply don't trust myself. As a result, my life feels like a non stop wrestling match with myself where I am constantly self-sabotaging in order to prevent myself from biting off more than I can chew. (You know those guys who like to scold themselves for all of the risky and reckless shit they did when they were young? I was never one of those guys, lol.) How does that sound for a working hypothesis?

Have you seen Nahms thread on dream boarding. I wrote I have life purpose on the board, before I actually found my LP

Yes, I have read his posts about it. Did it help you with finding your purpose?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah that thread changed my life. Before that thread I wasn't sure about this whole path thing, I was a skeptic/atheist and I thought guys like were Nahm were great for helping but also kind of weird and naïve/stupid.

How could be it so simple that you write what you want on a board and you actually get in your life, what bull shit I thought lol. The board was first and then everything started to fall into place for me after that.

Are you working with an enlightenment coach? It's a must imo. You can't do the path alone, unless you have enlightened peers. I was actually really luck in that I was raised by a good family and so I had a huge head start on the path compared to most, but nevertheless what's true for me should be true for you, we are all drops of the same ocean.

Find a guru asap. You need someone you trust who's ahead of you who can help you resolve the kinds of issues you're talking about. Otherwise you will just be spinning your wheels wondering what to do next.

I talk to @Nahm every Friday and I think it's my most important practice right now.

Yes, I have read his posts about it. Did it help you with finding your purpose?

Yeah it did. While I was doing Leo's course I wrote on my board, I have life purpose and then during a 4 hour float tank session it just came to me. It's like god downloaded the idea of my LP to my brain. That's one of the reasons i'm so confident in the idea because it's divinely inspired.

Edited by Raptorsin7

Great idea for a post! What was a game changer besides the LPC? or what especially in the course made you have the most progress?

@LoveandPurpose Thank you, and great question.

8 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

What was a game changer besides the LPC?

Prior to finding my life purpose i was a very unhappy law student. I knew i didn't like law school and was just unhappy in life in general.

During this time i just went all in on spirituality. I stopped going to class and just started spending all day focusing on trying to be enlightened. I started doing LSD, i was spending like at least 2 hours per day meditating in the float tank, on top of yoga and affirmations etc. 

I also had an awakening right around the time i found my life purpose. The thing that made the biggest difference was all the spiritual work i did. Meditation, life coaching with @Nahm, and psychdelics were the biggest drivers. The life purpose idea just came to me as an insight once i put it on my dream board and just spent time in silence in meditation. I wasn't even actively doing the practices for life purpose, i was just trying to be happier.

The LPC was great because it gave me the idea that a LP was even possible for myself. I didn't realize i could make money doing something i love and just live like that, no one in my family did this so it was very novel to me. I was only about 10% through the course when my LP came to, and after that the course just affirmed what i already knew. Like i would watch Leo's videos, and all the stuff he talked about i already in my idea. So the course just served as confirmation that what i had was real. Like if my ideas were completely counter to the topics in his course i would have been concerned, but because it was all consistent i just had that much more confidence in my ability to execute and make it real.

@Raptorsin7 Thank you very much man! 

It's counter-intuitive I think, when you relax your mind, answers come up naturally. I tend to think too much. I have the assumption that the more (mental) effort I put in the more I will move forward. Great to hear what you said!

@LoveandPurpose No problem man, i'm happy to help. While i still consider myself a spiritual seeker, i'm very committed to my life purpose and this is the main focus for me now, not enlightenment. I'm happy to answer any other questions, or be of assistance in anyway.

@Raptorsin7 Hey man, sorry for not getting back to you earlier, this thread somehow just slipped off my radar since last we talked. Thanks for your advice, I will definitely ruminate on it. ;)

I read on your other thread that you just dropped out of college and that you are now looking for a bread-and-butter job... godspeed my man, I hope that you will be able to find something in the midst of this Coronavirus thing. (I might be sitting in the same boat pretty soon, since I'm not sure at all for how much longer I will be able to continue grinding through my current job without going postal, lol. Yeah, I guess that a concrete life purpose would come in handy right now...)

On 8.4.2020 at 10:22 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

i was spending like at least 2 hours per day meditating in the float tank, on top of yoga and affirmations etc.

Whoa. Don't tell me that you have your own float tank in your basement... um, can I hang out at your place some time? I'll bring cheese and crackers. Hah! xD

Why so serious?