actualizing25

Leo, what is the best, fastest and most effective way to awaken?

31 posts in this topic

Hi, so basically I am a newbie in the field of spirituality and I'm interested in the nature of reality, of god of Love etc. I watched almost all of Leos videos and I am doing some meditation and breathing exercises here and there, but really, it's not a regular daily practice. In his newest video Leo said that Meditation and Yoga could be helpful, but if one is not doing psychedelics and only relies on these other practices, one is just wasting his/her time. Is there a "best way" to make an awakening more possible and more likely. I would say that a good plan could look like this (just my opinion):  first build up your theoretical foundation by watching all of Leos videos, by reading books about awakening, psychedelics etc. Then start a daily Yoga/meditation practice and do some breathing exercises(shamanic breathing for example). If you feel comfortable doing these things(maybe it takes a few monthes, maybe longer, depends on the person), then the main and most important part of this work can begin, which would be a mix of psychedelics and contemplation. You would start with a psychedelic which is easier to handle than the big and heavier ones like 5Meo. You master these more harmless psychedelics (mushrooms, LSD for example), start with a low dose, work your way up to higher doses, until you are ready for the kings of psychedelics (5Meo for example). If you are starting using psychedelics you start a contemplation practice at the same time besides that. You can practice it even before your psychedelic journey begins. So you contemplate before, during and after trips. Contemplation questions could be: What is God? What is Love? etc. And this mix of deep contemplation and heavier psychdelics like 5Meo can lead you to a full and total awakening. (if you do it long and consistent enough)

This would be my plan and I think it would be the best and most effectice way to a full and deep enlightenment.

What do you guys, and what do you think Leo? @Leo Gura

Edited by actualizing25

The problem with "any non-psychedelics spiritual practice" is that you think you are accomplishing something when in fact you are most probably not (unless you do it 24/7 but good luck with that). 

And NO, you don't need any practice to handle high doses psychedelics (which is what you need, lower doses only give you a relatively little taste of the real deal), at the right/high doses you have no control over anything, you are like an ant in the hands of a giant t-rex (or God after the bad trip eventually switches to bliss). All sources in my signature.

Edited by Arzack

Psychedelics can help but you don't need them, none of Ramana, Nisgardatta, Rupert, Francis, Adyashanti, Ramaji etc used them. Bear in mind, most people here have not realized the truth of their own being yet. If you're under 25 I would seriously advocate against serious psychedelic use, your bran is not fully developed yet, so why risk damaging it?

I would recommend reading some the greatest recent masters if you're ready for it - Nisgardatta Maharaj, Rupert Spira, Francis Lucille etc 

I'm biased and too would recommend working with a teacher 1-1 and receiving transmissions, both Ramaji and Ananda Devi are great. 

It depends how far along you are in your journey though, a good 'theoretical understanding' is useful for sure. 

Ultimately though you are your own Guru and only you can wake up. Teachers can of course help, but in the end it's down to you. 

I'd say start with developing a solid meditation habit if you aren't doing it every day, and Self-Inquiry, this video may help you understand that- 

True awakening isn't about 'experiences' but the permanent recognition of You (and everything) as The Self, and abiding as that. Seeing through the illusion of the separate self, and finding out the truth about your own being. Silence is the greatest of all teachings. No word can be spoken that is true about the absolute. 

THIS is it, now. Always. 

Enlightenment is not necessarily extraordinary, for some of course it is, but not for everyone. After all, it is simply the recognition of the truth of your own being. Recognizing this, allows us to recognize the absolute peace and happiness that is inherent in our Self. 

Have fun :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 People who attained liberation without psychedelics were "high level old souls" who evolved through "in-between previous lives" experiences which bring equal result as psychedelic high doses. You can choose to await many clinical deaths/reincarnations like they HAD TO DO, or accept the fact that we are entering a new "psychedelic spiritual era" and accelerate the process with these new tools. Again, all sources in my signature.

Edited by Arzack

@Arzack So am 'I' a 'high level old soul' who evolved 'in between previous lives'? 

I'll prefer to use my direct experience as my main source, and the fact that The Self has been recognized, and that as a result absolute peace and happiness are the side effects of this. :) 

I'm not saying these tools can't help, however, promoting them as the only path is complete BS, it's not as if people haven't been doing Ayaschua for centuries. Transmissions have been used for centuries and can also accelerate the process. Your path isn't the only path, like I said there's many ways to awaken, I was simply stating what helped me, and it didn't take decades, I worked with my teacher for a total of 9 months. 

There is of course still integration, but all forms of seeking have been dropped, for there is nothing left to seek, when THIS is all there is. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

20 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

but if one is not doing psychedelics and only relies on these other practices, one is just wasting his/her time.

Doing Yoga will heal your body if you do it correctly which is beneficial on it's own but this is another topic.

Growing consciousness/awareness through meditation/yoga is crucial in this work. Once you have a nice base then trying psychedelics will just sky-rocket your built consciousness through the roof, you might not even handle such consciousness, tripping you might "feel" some things, but you can't understand what it is. It takes time.

In my experience when I do a lot of yoga and smoke weed at the weekend my consciousness just blows me out so much that I just can't handle so much awareness, also I'am using a vaporizer to smoke it, it makes more of a mental high than a body compared to a bong hit. Also I smoke max 0.4g, that's enough for me cause when you are stoned af you just can't contemplate normally. Also I've worked with it for a long time now, not many people can awaken through weed. It's a tool and you must learn how to use it to your advantage, not just surrender to laziness and entertainment like Youtube videos, music, movies and food cause that will be a temptation towards those things.

Here this pic might help you to understand more about how consciousness works. (it's just a model, but you might benefit from it)

how it works.jpg

Mahadev

By the way our normal consciousness level is yet too low to awaken fully, it's a part of evolution. Consciousness grows on it's own when you are getting older, you are way more conscious then when you were a teen, and you will be more conscious after 10 years. This is where yoga/meditation comes in, you "speed up" your normal consciousness evolution and after 10-20 years you might grow it enough to awaken fully.

It's just evolution.

Mahadev

@LfcCharlie4 Get a channeled "Michael Teaching chart" to know your exact soul age (and much more useful stuff), all sources are there.

Ayawaska can't be taken to high doses, you puke that shit way before it can reach that level. Now if you ingest Pure DMT and harmalas you can reach that level but this wasn't present in the old days.

Edited by Arzack

@Arzack You said to me only old souls can recognize their own being. 

I am saying I have done that, 'liberated' myself (I don't really like that term) and now you're saying I need a chart. If your theory was correct it means I MUST be an old soul, so surely I don't need a chart in this case? 

Again, not denying the power of Psyches for some people, but to say they're the only path to be is very reductionist and thinking. 

Also, 99.9% of awakened beings done so without Psychedelics, the greatest recent masters (as I mentioned) all awakened naturally, and I'm sorry but I do not regard the likes of Martin Ball on that level lol. Isn't he also having health and energetic issues as a result of extortionate use of these substances? 

I'm just saying, your path may not work for everyone, just like I know my path won't :) 

1 hour ago, Arzack said:

@LfcCharlie4 People who attained liberation without psychedelics were "high level old souls" who evolved through "in-between previous lives" experiences which bring equal result as psychedelic high doses. You can choose to await many clinical deaths/reincarnations like they HAD TO DO, or accept the fact that we are entering a new "psychedelic spiritual era" and accelerate the process with these new tools. Again, all sources in my signature.

Did you find irony in awakening and seeing that is all relative / what a person came up with? (The souls & levels, yada yada)

@actualizing25 Just as a point of ‘data’ for ya, my awakening was prior to trying psychedelics also. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm  This is one of my main issues with Psychedelics. It creates some sort of sense of 'I'm special, I had the deepest awakening of anyone ever, I'm more enlightened than you!!!' When in reality a true awakening is the complete opposite of this lol. 

It's realizing ALL are The Self, and all that's happy to you is that you have luckily realized that for yourself, and simply for 'others' it is still veiled and not seen for what it is. 

It's actually the most humbling experience possible to realize there's NO hierarchy, and that we are literally all the same, hence why sages like Ramana advocated for Non-Violence and equality of all sentient beings including animals, why would you want to harm yourself? 

Anyway, ended up on a bit of a rant, and if psychedelics help people see this truth of their own being I'm ALL for it. 

I just see a lot of superiority complex and issues that come with it, but that happens in a lot of awakenings, maybe it's just exaggerated in Psyches as they make the experiences so rich, idk. 

But saying shit like this, just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. People are ready for awakening at their own pace, and as the saying goes when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. That teacher could also be Psyches for sure. 

15 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Nahm  This is one of my main issues with Psychedelics. It creates some sort of sense of 'I'm special, I had the deepest awakening of anyone ever, I'm more enlightened than you!!!' When in reality a true awakening is the complete opposite of this lol.

That is not true at least for me. Most experiences make me humble and show me I know nothing.

@acidgoofy I'm glad, like I said not everyone does. 

I'm merely here to point out there;s multiple paths and different approaches suit different people :)

19 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Most experiences make me humble and show me I know nothing.

Similar for me and those I’ve tripped with - it’s generally a humbling experience to the ego. One that dissolves the ego, rather than empower it.

You still have this question after seeing Leo's recent videos?

1) 5 Meo up your butt

2) All you can trip buffets

3) be god and look down upon everything ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

You’re attributing ego as a property which psychedelics create. Psych’s don’t create. 

It's realizing ALL are The Self, and all that's happy to you is that you have luckily realized that for yourself, and simply for 'others' it is still veiled and not seen for what it is. 

Prior to the realization you describe, there’s the ignorance / experience of a person choosing. After realization, it is known there is no such thing as “luck”. So it didn’t play a role in either case. 

It's actually the most humbling experience possible to realize there's NO hierarchy, and that we are literally all the same, hence why sages like Ramana advocated for Non-Violence and equality of all sentient beings including animals, why would you want to harm yourself? 

Yes. There is no hierarchy. There is no “Levels Of Consciousness”. Whatcha think of someone who fully knows this, yet says there is, writes a book convincing people there is, and then charges large amounts of money for sharing it?  Also, how does that compare to someone who willingly, even passionately, shares this with you, and asks for nothing in return? 

Anyway, ended up on a bit of a rant, and if psychedelics help people see this truth of their own being I'm ALL for it. 

Acknowledging there is appearance...How would you know the difference, if you haven’t directly experienced psychedelics? I’m not suggesting you do, only pointing out the difference between direct experience and a thought about it. Appearance? Yes. Huge difference experientially? Yes indeed. Imagine if I start telling you what it’s like to live where you live. At some point, a matter of seconds, it’d be pretty obvious to you I don’t actually know what I’m talking about because I’ve never even been there. Does this mean there is a hierarchy? Heck no. 

I just see a lot of superiority complex and issues that come with it, but that happens in a lot of awakenings, maybe it's just exaggerated in Psyches as they make the experiences so rich, idk. 

It’s all speculation. Direct experience is king. Not me, direct experience. 

But saying shit like this, just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. People are ready for awakening at their own pace, and as the saying goes when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. That teacher could also be Psyches for sure. 

It would make sense, if there was the actual experience of what is being talked about. It would make more sense that could be previously understood or imagined. To be clear though, I am not suggesting you take psychedelics. 

@Nahm All my experience of Psychedelics has been post-awakening except MDMA, which isn't really a psyche, I've tripped on LSD 3 times and honestly it didn't do overloads for me, I just have little desire to try any further unless there was a reason to, such as healing. 

Okay, create was the wrong word, I guess sometimes it seems like it exaggerates that part in people. 

Don't get semantic on me ;) 

Ramaji also says the book is merely a map, just like the 10 Ox herding pictures, or the Seven valleys of Sufism, 5 stages of Vedanta etc, eventually like all other maps has to be tossed in the fire. The map is not the territory. If you actually listen to any of Ramaji's and Ananda's teachings they too say there's no hierarchy, it's usually those who are not fully realized - Mooji, Bentino - that take on the role of the enlightened person and act superior. 

In terms of charging, they are not monks or aesthetics and need to live. Leo charges for his LP course, Booklist and has a Patreon and before that had Ads on his videos, Rupert charges 100s for retreats, Eckhart and Adyashanti have courses that sell for 100s if not 1000s I believe. People have to live, and in this society, we need money to survive. Ananda has 3 children to support, sorry if you think it's wrong to charge for 1-1 teachings, when people go to private therapy they pay. 

Yeah, you're right, I haven't experienced 5MEO so can't really comment, but see no need to try. What I was 'seeking' has been realized, I'm more than open to being wrong about 5MEO, I'm just saying from my direct experience of what I've seen on here, SOME seem to think Psych awakenings are superior, that's all. 

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

SOME seem to think Psych awakenings are superior, that's all. 

Have ‘you’ experienced both? 

@Nahm no, but awakening is not simply about experiences that’s my point, while they can be great insights and helpful, true awakening isn’t about an “experience.”

I do see your point but enlightenment isn’t just simply experiences and peaks. I’m not not denying 5MEO could be more intense, but at the end we realize the same truth of our own being.

Everyone is The Self after all. 

you’re right though, I can’t comment directly on 5MEO until I do it, however my point is all these experiences are great, but are simply experiences and insights. But, abidance as the Self > any experience. 

https://youtu.be/Un_B_XN9D64

@LfcCharlie4 

Love the Rupert video, but in my opinion, you don’t need any ‘authority backup’ like that. Maybe you’re implying I do ? Not sure. If so, thanks for lookin out for a brother. ??

I was just pointing. I too experienced the ‘true awakening’ you refer to, without psychedelics. I’m saying there are awakenings deeper into Self, not what you are calling ‘experiences’, any more than what you are calling ‘true awakening’ is an experience. It’s infinite, not binary. In a way it’s more about that than the involvement of psychedelics, as Rupert continues to reveal with each talk. Venturing into Self more deeply doesn’t imply any lack of knowing of Self. Sorry if you somehow took it that way. Exploration doesn’t imply any need.

Just a relative thought...but maybe teachers are discovered when teachers are thrown out like maps. 

I wasn’t talking about 5meo btw.