Beginner Mind

Is awakening as Awareness not the ultimate goal?

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@VeganAwake I am very very shocked you recommended someone as awakened as Robert Wolfe, a descendent of Ramana Maharshi, well done! ;)

Shocked lol?

I really think there is a lot we don't know about each other my friend ❤

I was starting to assume you labeled me as an Eckhart Tolle Fanboy/Neo Advaitist's. 

I don't follow any belief system or have any kind of identity or attachment to any kind of teaching/teacher whatsoever.

I am free..

Nonduality is just apparently the best word to describe the experience that occurred here for no-one. 

Awakening or Enlightenment isn't something to be rated... that's simply another form of dualistic perception causing division in the whole.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Beginner Mind If we add on “happiness” onto awakening, it becomes conditional and restricted. There is nothing wrong with an abiding state of happiness, yet having the condition of happiness is a limitation. Happiness-related truths would be included in awakening and non-happiness related truths would be excluded as awakening. This hinders the realization of unconditional, absolute awakening. 

@Serotoninluv In my experience, awakening is the discovery of happiness itself.  True happiness and fulfillment.  I'm not sure what you mean by "non-happiness related truths".  When experiencing your true nature, happiness is all that exists.

6 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

why bother if you've already attained happiness?

Indeed, it goes deeper. Happiness is a delightful trap though. Couldn’t blame anyone for hanging their hat there.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Why do you say happiness is a trap?  Is happiness not simply the essence of our true nature?

6 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

he claims that most if not all spiritual teachers are not fully awakened

Leo has one rule I notice that makes him the more powerful than probably all other teachers...he has no rules. This is so fuckin powerful. It's a principal, to have no principals. Wow, this is what makes leo explosive. Sadhguru and mooji remain calm and composed and delicate. They would never say a word out of place. They're...performance....is......exaggerated. they wouldn't dare recommend you break the law and consume psychedelics. They don't even know how powerful psycs are because they don't actively open their mind enough. Too much dogma. When someone decides in their head that they have no rules regarding their pursuit of consciousness, and that they take all the tools they have and exponentially amplify each one strategically with technology and bio-active technologies...they become very powerful. It's like a scientist in a lab mixing sets of two chemicals together to see which ones create the most powerful when mixed, THEN finding out what other chemicals can be moved together to create a chemical that, when mixed with the original chemical, becomes atomic and explosive. Ugh, this is what I live for lol. Maximization of maximization lol. A set of rules says "this is the truth, do not stray" but a truly wise man will say "the most important rule is to be free from rules." This is when God appears lol

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Serotoninluv In my experience, awakening is the discovery of happiness itself.  True happiness and fulfillment.  I'm not sure what you mean by "non-happiness related truths".  When experiencing your true nature, happiness is all that exists.

I’m not sure if you are using the term happiness in a relative or absolute context. 

How would perma-happy look to you?. . .  If someone was volunteering to help starving children and felt a sense of empathy and sorrow, does that mean they lost their awakening in that moment because they aren’t experiencing happiness? What if they shed a tear? Does this non-happy state disqualify one from awakened? If so, this would place a happiness condition on awakened. Do awakened beings no longer cry?

Or, could there be an unconditional happiness? A happiness that is always present - regardless of wether the human is experincing joy, fear, sorrow, love etc.?

Imagine a happiness with whatever is happening right now. No strings attached. 

24 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Nahm Why do you say happiness is a trap?  Is happiness not simply the essence of our true nature?

Relative to your op, it's a trap. 

@Beginner Mind  If you haven't seen this full video yet ❤

It won a lot of awards at numerous film festivals including the Buddha International Film Festival.

In my opinion it's one of the greatest films of all time depicting traditional Awakening/Enlightenment experiences described in yogic tradition.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Well you are that movie.This forum too. But it is ok I guess. 

You really awakening. Level of @Leo Gura or @Nahm do practises. Actual practises.

Just tired you know what is really i teresting to me. 

Knock Knock @Nahm your Awakening "outwordly"? I bet it is because you are worst Absolutist then me. ?

Really curious about that. 

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’m not sure if you are using the term happiness in a relative or absolute context. 

How would perma-happy look to you?. . .  If someone was volunteering to help starving children and felt a sense of empathy and sorrow, does that mean they lost their awakening in that moment because they aren’t experiencing happiness? What if they shed a tear? Does this non-happy state disqualify one from awakened? If so, this would place a happiness condition on awakened. Do awakened beings no longer cry?

Or, could there be an unconditional happiness? A happiness that is always present - regardless of wether the human is experincing joy, fear, sorrow, love etc.?

Imagine a happiness with whatever is happening right now. No strings attached.

Yes, the latter is what I'm referring to.  A happiness that shines even in the midst of negative feelings/experiences.  A knowing that "all is well" even when things do not appear to be well.  To experience this happiness is the ultimate goal of the spiritual search, in my opinion.  Attempting to go beyond this realization is completely unnecessary.  There is no higher goal than happiness.

10 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@VeganAwake Well you are that movie.This forum too. But it is ok I guess. 

You really awakening. Level of @Leo Gura or @Nahm do practises. Actual practises.

Just tired you know what is really i teresting to me. 

Knock Knock @Nahm your Awakening "outwordly"? I bet it is because you are worst Absolutist then me. ?

Really curious about that. 

Yeah bro you're not just going to sit there and stare in the mirror in amazement saying oh my God I am God...

Get out go on dates with yourself drink yourself eat yourself s*** yourself out flush yourself... watch yourself making a movie about yourself on your cell phone which is also yourself. 

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Relative to your op, it's a trap. 

I certainly don't see happiness as a trap, but if it was, I'd entrap myself in a heartbeat.

@Nahm Sorry. Yeah ME. 

Sorry once again. 

MYSELF why are you so cool. Love is enough don't want Zeus stuff was cool. 

Just so much Love. Rhapsody. It's that good. 

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@zeroISinfinity "It's This!"

I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not but that's funny as hell either way ...? and it's THIS as well lol

1 minute ago, Beginner Mind said:

@VeganAwake I'll check out the video.  Thanks.

You better watch it dammit I don't want you to be eating magic brownies next week and posting threads about how you realized your brownies are Enlightenment because they make you happy. ... 

7 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

I certainly don't see happiness as a trap, but if it was, I'd entrap myself in a heartbeat.

Right. That’s why I mentioned it.