askdfjnak

Is Leo Manipulating Us?

178 posts in this topic

So, I believe in Actualized.org and the ethos here, but ...

After scrolling through the forum for hours on end, reading basically the same shit, I wanted to stop wasting my time and delete my account.

I could just stop coming back to the site, sure, but platforms like this are addictive and the easiest way to quit is to delete your account and be done with it, that's how I got off Facebook. Cold turkey is by far the easiest and most efficient way to get over something.

I started to think of this place purely as a business, outside of higher consciousness values.
I've got to say, having a binding (non-es capable) forum on your website is genius mass psychology manipulation.

Think about what we're doing here:

Talking about self actualisation

Breathing self actualisation 

Discussing self actualisation products

Following a bevevolent, omnipotent self actualising leader, who facilitates very specific discussions about self actualisation

and when we're all excited about self actualisation, guess what? There are great self actualisation products only one tab away!

Also think about what the forum gives Leo:

1. Massive traffic to his website, how many times do we come here each day?

2. New ideas to farm

3. Insight into problems we're having so he can specifically target them, either with free videos that drive traffic here to repeat steps 1-3, or with a new paid product that will probably be released soon.

Here's my question, I think it will make for a good discussion:

Do you think it's necessary to use business to spread higher consciousness values?

10 minutes ago, Gone said:

So, I believe in Actualized.org and the ethos here, but ...

After scrolling through the forum for hours on end, reading basically the same shit, I wanted to stop wasting my time and delete my account.

I could just stop coming back to the site, sure, but platforms like this are addictive and the easiest way to quit is to delete your account and be done with it, that's how I got off Facebook. Cold turkey is by far the easiest and most efficient way to get over something.

I started to think of this place purely as a business, outside of higher consciousness values.
I've got to say, having a binding (non-es capable) forum on your website is genius mass psychology manipulation.

Think about what we're doing here:

Talking about self actualisation

Breathing self actualisation 

Discussing self actualisation products

Following a bevevolent, omnipotent self actualising leader, who facilitates very specific discussions about self actualisation

and when we're all excited about self actualisation, guess what? There are great self actualisation products only one tab away!

Also think about what the forum gives Leo:

1. Massive traffic to his website, how many times do we come here each day?

2. New ideas to farm

3. Insight into problems we're having so he can specifically target them, either with free videos that drive traffic here to repeat steps 1-3, or with a new paid product that will probably be released soon.

Here's my question, I think it will make for a good discussion:

Do you think it's necessary to use business to spread higher consciousness values?

That's a great question! I feel like the best strategy to educate us on higher consciousness values is to use the Internet where information spreads like wildfire and self-actualization could potentially transform the lives of many people online. Leo clearly has high aspirations as demonstrated in his dream life videos and his true vision videos. I feel like Actualized.org can be an amazing stepping stone for humanity and it will teach humanity about their own potential. Actualized.org reminds me of a satire which appears as something else on the surface but there are brilliant insights in these videos. Leo doesn't want us to follow him blindly! His videos strongly encourage freethinking, skepticism, and considering alternative perspectives. I feel like Actualized.org can be the start of transforming your life! Leo's worst fear is for Actualized.org to become a cult!

Edited by Zane

7 minutes ago, Gone said:

If Leo doesn't want to work at McD's while also trying to promote his channel and website and do his consciousness work, then yes some form of business is required. If you believe he's "manipulating" you then leave. baibai~ 

@Gone

"Is Leo Manipulating Us?"

Yes and No. 

So what? You're being manipulated everywhere, even by yourself. 

I'm not sure what high "consciousness values means".  Except that I've been there and it's nonsense.  Just another manipulation.

You've gotta be careful with latching on and attaching to perspectives/interpretations without balancing or being conscious of the emotions that preceded the germination of said interpretation.

I get it though, it's easy to be affected by the repetitive nature and low quality output that makes up the majority of most discussions, no matter what forum/platform you're on... but 80/20. You can't forget that portion of genuine sharing and growth, no matter how much it might be drowned out by the majority of blind following, group think zealotry, and ignorance.

We have to balance that ratio emotionally, because it has an affect on how we interpret the view in front of us, which shifts the way we relate and behave towards a thing.

Remember, Leo isn't forcing anyone to watch his videos or buy his products. I haven't watched a single one personally and have no need for his products, I came here to actually have discussions about self-development. I'm sure he'd prefer I buy his stuff, but I imagine, there is another side to him that understands and appreciates people wanting to discuss development in a place he's created for that purpose, regardless of monetary gain.

36 minutes ago, nbolt said:

If Leo doesn't want to work at McD's while also trying to promote his channel and website and do his consciousness work, then yes some form of business is required.

The Buddha walked out of a palace to become a beggar 2500 years ago and his shit's all over the web.

38 minutes ago, Mal said:

@Gone

"Is Leo Manipulating Us?"

Yes and No. 

So what? You're being manipulated everywhere, even by yourself. 

I'm not sure what high "consciousness values means".  Except that I've been there and it's nonsense.  Just another manipulation.

So why are you here?

1 minute ago, Gone said:

So why are you here?

To develop myself:)

46 minutes ago, Salaam said:

You've gotta be careful with latching on and attaching to perspectives/interpretations without balancing or being conscious of the emotions that preceded the germination of said interpretation.

You're assuming I'm unconscious. You could even say that you are ... judging me.

Just now, Gone said:

You're assuming I'm unconscious. You could even say that you are ... judging me.

This is why there is no such thing as high consciousness. Because even the "highly conscious"people are full of shit :)

@Linas

Linas, I think you are way off the mark there. But fair do's. Everybody is entitled to their worldview.

2 hours ago, Gone said:

No... so... what's your point?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, Gone said:

Lol, actually you're assuming, that I'm assuming you're unconscious. I don't use that term to judge people, it lacks nuance and specificity of context (there are degrees of awareness, it's not a binary, "yes or no" kind of thing). I judge people based on their capability, health, and a couple other things, but balance that judgement so it doesn't become a whole-sale dismissal of their humanity and worth.

Anyways, that snippet you responded to is something we all have to put time and effort into balancing and calibrating. It's a continuous effort, with a long learning/development curve.

It seems to me, that based on your writing in the OP, that part of the emotional context you're working with, stems from feelings of helplessness/addiction to social platforms like this site or facebook, which you then project other people as having as well (which I'm sure some do), and then extend towards the line of thought, that people who host these sites are consciously manipulating that helplessness/addiction for monetary gain.

Is it a possibility? Sure, but is it the possibility that best fits the context of what's most often going on? I don't personally think so... but that's why I focus on seeing things as mixtures rather than ONE single possibility.

I prefer to hold space for multiple potentialities, that dynamically shift and inter-relate based on the context at hand.

Edited by Salaam

2 hours ago, Gone said:

be done with it, that's how I got off Facebook. Cold turkey is by far the easiest and most efficient way to get over something.

yea,for getting off facebook-those sites are so incredibly damaging-it seems like just another place where the negatives are so concentrated, so it's hard to manage its effects....idk...

2 hours ago, Gone said:

Following a bevevolent, omnipotent self actualising leader

is that what you're doing? I'm a little worried for you....is it because he can make a girl squirt? lol :) ha ha ha ha   sorry! I'm just rude like that

1 hour ago, Gone said:

The Buddha walked out of a palace to become a beggar 2500 years ago and his shit's all over the web.

Leo is not the buddha ¬¬

Sounds like you may be the one rubricizing him. Most of us recognize and use this forum and community for what it is and nothing more. As stated above there are plenty of people who haven't seen a single video of his.

Edited by nbolt

Jesus was crucified, so maybe @Leo Gura should do that, and become a beggar ... and give free courses of self realization.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

2 hours ago, Gone said:

No, it's not necessary I'd say, but if you want to live a good life you need some pennies and why not combine the both?

Is Leo manipulating us? Yes, of course. How bad is it? Pretty bad. And for fuck's sake, I hope I wake up some sunday and he just figured out how to enlighten me through hypnosis. No kidding, I'd love that. :D More money and bitches as well (that way).

The thing is, I read up a lot about marketing and businesses a few years ago, also a lot about psychology and I haven't seen a single human being who puts so much effort in trying to cut the bullshit and get right down to fundamental truths like Leo.

Is he failing with this? Of course, because he uses language and by nature of language you create dogma, beliefs and separation. Leo does so as well. But if you are a little bit wise, you see that it can't be any other way and that he does one of the best jobs trying to keep it down.

This forum is by far as addicting as facebook. But I love it. People help me here and I help others. That's enough B|

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

The point is we all are being manipulated, we have to choose wisely about who do we want to manipulate us.

:)

If I was in Leo's shoes I would definitely just make a separate domain for the forum and give all products for free.

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You