Javfly33

Self-Inquiry points to THIS. Am I going in the right direction?

30 posts in this topic

After being aware of the question "Who I am?" several times through the day, there is a kind of "pointer" which arises in the experience, to which his answer is THIS (what is happening when awareness becomes aware of awareness (if that even makes sense)

I'm going into the right direction? Could be THIS what I am?

The moment you identified yourself with the body you Constructed the whole 'illusion'. If you realize everything that you know is accumulated identity, even the Creation or so called 'Dream' is also another identification. You are not in any place at all, you are beyond any identity.. 

17 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

what is happening when awareness becomes aware of awareness (if that even makes sense)?

Usually our awareness is found in attention on manifestation of forms like thoughts, perception, emotions. But they are part of the movie. When awareness knows itself, attention ceases to be outward on forms, but turns in itself and realises itself as the screen (awareness/infinity) that makes place for all forms to be manifested in (the movie).

Edited by JonasVE12

8 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

Usually our awareness is found in attention on manifestation of forms like thoughts, perception, emotions. But they are part of the movie. When awareness knows itself, attention ceases to be outward on forms, but turns in itself and realises itself as the screen (awareness/infinity) that makes place for all forms to be manifested in (the movie).

So I'm looking right :) Thanks hehe

The moment you identified yourself with the body you Constructed the whole 'illusion'. If you realize everything that you know is accumulated identity, even the Creation or so called 'Dream' is also another identification. You are not in any place at all, you are beyond any identity.. 

Self inquiry is not really about finding an answer. If your answer to the question is THIS, then it might be helpful to start asking the question What is THIS? Or How is THIS? 

In my case, self inquiry is teaching me to live with ever deeper questions without the need for any answers.

18 minutes ago, Barna said:

Self inquiry is not really about finding an answer. If your answer to the question is THIS, then it might be helpful to start asking the question What is THIS? Or How is THIS? 

In my case, self inquiry is teaching me to live with ever deeper questions without the need for any answers.

@Barna I struggle a lot with self inqury. Because if the question is not "Who I am?" Then any other questions will make my mind active and start giving intelectual answers.

How can I ask "What is THIS"? And not look in the mind? After all a "what" is relative to an understanding. However when I ask "Who I am" it feels different because I connect with my true nature.

That's the main thing I don't get about self inquiry. Any thing other than "Who I am" will get me lost in the mind

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Barna I struggle a lot with self inqury. Because if the question is not "Who I am?" Then any other questions will make my mind active and start giving intelectual answers.

How can I ask "What is THIS"? And not look in the mind? After all a "what" is relative to an understanding. However when I ask "Who I am" it feels different because I connect with my true nature.

That's the main thing I don't get about self inquiry. Any thing other than "Who I am" will get me lost in the mind

That's a very good question! 

So how can you ask a question without making the mind active, right? The answer is: you don't ask your mind, you ask your whole being.

It's like asking: What color is my hand? You don't let your mind answer, you just look at your hand and you just watch it.

Or: What's the sound of silence? You don't go to your mind, you just listen to the silence.

1 hour ago, Barna said:

That's a very good question! 

So how can you ask a question without making the mind active, right? The answer is: you don't ask your mind, you ask your whole being.

It's like asking: What color is my hand? You don't let your mind answer, you just look at your hand and you just watch it.

Or: What's the sound of silence? You don't go to your mind, you just listen to the silence.

Omg Those are veeery good pointers, I'm going to try.

2 hours ago, Barna said:

Self inquiry is not really about finding an answer.

Oh no there is an answer - and it's an insight so powerful that it kills you ??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Oh no there is an answer - and it's an insight so powerful that it kills you ??

Yes, you can put it like that if you want to be poetic. :)

I was referring to mental answers.

10 minutes ago, Barna said:

Yes, you can put it like that if you want to be poetic. :)

I was referring to mental answers.

Ahh correct.  Yes self inquiry was what did it for me...not pychedelics but self inquiry, no mind, and concentration forms of meditation.  And for self inquiry it was a process of eliminating what i wasn't..ie the body..the brain..the image of me i had...the soul - which was just the thought or an idea of a soul...and then one day...oh shit!!!!  Ego death -  as I (as pure consciousness) realized directly that the thing i thought was me was imaginary. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ahh correct.  Yes self inquiry was what did it for me...not pychedelics but self inquiry, no mind, and concentration forms of meditation.  And for self inquiry it was a process of eliminating what i wasn't..ie the body..the brain..the image of me i had...the soul - which was just the thought or an idea of a soul...and then one day...oh shit!!!!  Ego death -  as I (as pure consciousness) realized directly that the thing i thought was me was imaginary. 

What prevents me from realizing myself as a "constant"/absolute?

I had a dream last night and in the dream I was watching a movie. But there wasn´t even a body in the dream. However the "I" was as strong as in "awake" life right now. This is really mindfucky lol O.o

I honestly don´t know "Where" I am. Maybe I should stop looking in a precise location? (for example I still have this kind of belief that I am behind my eyes,(even if I am awareness) I think belief/assumption is preventing myself from going further)

8 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I honestly don´t know "Where" I am. Maybe I should stop looking in a precise location? (for example I still have this kind of belief that I am behind my eyes,(even if I am awareness) I think belief/assumption is preventing myself from going further)

That was the break through  one for me..i too always thought i was this entity behind the eyes...but i became conscious that you can't point to this entity in any way ..I realized one day that it is just empty awareness - i was awareness itself -  not an entity being aware - but awareness itself - 

The entity was a fiction.  So keep going and one day the epiphany will hit you.  And you will BE pure awareness.  It's miraculous.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Javfly33 you better watch yourself mate!

(Hehe)

Edited by Aaron p

It's not about moving in the right direction, it's about ceasing to exist entirely as something that can move in any direction. You will never finish the path, but the path will finish you.

download.png

Edited by Aaron p

@Javfly33 Yes, you are THIS. But what is THIS?

Rather than endlessly verbally question THIS, just sit in silence and focus attention on THIS. And just sit like that for hours. Very gently, very gently wonder, "What is THIS?"

Do not expect an verbal answer. The answer is THIS itself. The goal here is remove the boundary between THIS and your mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

God/Love/Truth/YOURSELF 

It will be felt not thinked through. 

That's what meditation pretty much is. ❤️

@Javfly33 Yeah you're on the right track. Now, go from this insight about THIS which is being processed in thinking/thoughts. Now just feel THIS. Don't think about THIS. Just feel it, and accept it. Just be THIS. 

On 2/29/2020 at 8:05 AM, Javfly33 said:

I struggle a lot with self inqury

The trouble with “This”  is that it is a word you learned so it’s keeping the cognition of the mind active inherently by proposing it. You’d have to realize it’s a word. “It’s This” is great for the already realized to recommend...but then of course, it simultaneously reveals a “lack of full realization” in it’s very usage, a “half baked enlightenment”, if you will, which of course, is it’s perfection. The second “problem”, is that when people simple say “It’s This”, they know what they really mean is, “It’s Me”. Add “no self” in there, and the listener may be adding decades to their path.  The anti-thesis, or anti-usage works in exactly the same manor (it’s inherently dualistically divisive). One is referencing “This”, to, you, knowing you are attached to the word, “This” (and the world) and therefore it would not be helpful to say “It’s Me” - to you, so they say, “It’s This”. It’s sort of like answering with “Fuck You” (without the “there’s no you”). Then, in your triggeredness, which is immediately followed by the realization they haven’t actually said anything that could justify triggering you...you’re left in a contemplative (and not knowing) state. Which again, is perfect. 

If you’re going to attempt the rare “counter” “outer world” awakening, at least use neti neti. Or practice meditation until your mind is calm enough to practice self inquiry properly (without attachment). Ya might realize, and therefore not even need self inquiry. Every One’s untangling is unique (because it isn’t, sorry, lol) Or cut all the shit by inspecting thoughts on paper. Or don’t. (Sorry..this is just an expression of the counter for your benefit, and not)

On 2/29/2020 at 10:35 AM, Javfly33 said:

What prevents me from realizing myself as a "constant"/absolute?

Maybe instead, write that question down, and question if “paper” is a thought, or a thing. Then, if “thing” is a thought, or that

Then forget the question because it’s inconsequential.

Instead, question the “me” in your question, that you wrote...which you are looking right at.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE