Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDW1995

Does Enlightenment Require Courage?

13 posts in this topic

Is there a component of bravery that is required to realize the truth of no self?  For example, I may identify as a people-pleaser in interactions or may act artificially for self-approval in front of others.  On top of deep contemplation, meditation, and perhaps yoga practices, should we resist "acting" a certain way in front of other people if that's what we're used to?  Or, would just deep questioning be sufficient over time?

@TDW1995 not overthinking it is best.  As soon as you start to over analyze Being then you move farther away from it.  Fear vs fearless is a duality and to reach non-duality you really gotta be as close to no mind as possible because it is the collapse of all duality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Bravery is not exactly the word... it's more like faith. Have faith that when (Maya the illusion of self) falls away that everything will be just fine. 

There was a level of trust here that listened to the Enlightened Masters that came before explaining it's not a gaining, it's a falling away.

When the self falls away everything is found. And it's simultaneously recognized the self never existed. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Self love is bravery, holding yourself back in social interactions to avoid possible conflict is withholding love from yourself and others, even if to your mind it seems like your putting others ahead of yourself. There is no such split. The key is to observe how your thoughts about self and others are contributing to this suffering, and being brave enough to let go of those thoughts. It's not about adopting a new "ideal" to hold yourself to. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

Yes. 

And if you don't have it, after awakening you automatically become a brave person that's your true nature

Whats interesting is this.  You can fool the ego into dying once.  But fooling it into dying again is a totally different thing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@TDW1995 not overthinking it is best.  As soon as you start to over analyze Being then you move farther away from it.  Fear vs fearless is a duality and to reach non-duality you really gotta be as close to no mind as possible because it is the collapse of all duality.

But it´s quite "difficult" when a thought of fear arises actually to let it go...That for example I would consider it "courage".

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

But it´s quite "difficult" when a thought of fear arises actually to let it go...That for example I would consider it "courage".

Yes its paradoxical of course.  If you are too brave you won't die.  The ego has to stumble on it - or you need a strong pyschedelic that will overwhelm the ego.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

@Inliytened1yes, because on psychedelics ego death is only temporary. However there are ways to kill it permanantly.

After full ego death and realization of one's true nature, the idea of the ego or you being a real physical entity dies permanently along with the materialist paradigm as it is seen through as imaginary.

After that duality is just a playground.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes its paradoxical of course.  If you are too brave you won't die.  The ego has to stumble on it - or you need a strong pyschedelic that will overwhelm the ego.

Exactly, that´s why I always feel psychedelics are only special because they "force" the ego, no matter if there is fear.

But in normal life, when you can always "recoil back", it´s quite difficult.

For example this very morning I had a very intense meditation I was getting "somewhere" and suddenly my fucking ego started shouting and laughing and bum, I got out of the state. 

If I put for you a 100 billion dollars behind a wall made out of the fear of death , would you cross it ? Most won't :)

Edited by GabeN

2 hours ago, TDW1995 said:

...should we resist "acting" a certain way in front of other people if that's what we're used to?  Or, would just deep questioning be sufficient over time?

@TDW1995 doing or not doing anything is a distraction. Anything other than the practices is a distraction. Even thinking about the practises is a distraction. Doing them mindlessly and remaining mindless is exactly what your going for. 

But yo, it's incredibly scary for you when your still an ego. Facing death and demons. Very scary the ego must be courageous