UnconsciousHuman

Mushrooms Triggered This Guy's Schizophrenia

17 posts in this topic

I feel bad for the guy, he seems to have justified his schizophrenia with spirituality, I'm not sure about this conclusion though.

This guy seemed like he was having a rough time before he got into psychedelics, and was using those psychedelics as some form of escape/exploration then he took some high dose of mushrooms and BAM! Paranoid Schizophrenia! You could just tell that as he is speaking, he seems to be in conflict. Voices in his head? Doubt? Neurotic self-consciousness?

Be careful doing psychedelics guys. O.o

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

1 minute ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

Voices in his head?

That's so common for psychics and people with paranormal abilities.

Be careful throwing labels on such things.

Paranormal abilities requires years of training to harness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

Let me clarify... 

You're suggesting that in some cases paranoid schizophrenia could be psychic ability that is un-tamed? 

What brings you to this conclusion? You've probably been to a psychic. If so, could you share your experience?

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

1 hour ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

@Leo Gura

Let me clarify... 

You're suggesting that in some cases paranoid schizophrenia could be psychic ability that is un-tamed? 

What brings you to this conclusion? You've probably been to a psychic. If so, could you share your experience?

^

Classic shamanic path.

Do your research.

Watched the video, the guy clearly states he didn't knew paranoid schizophrenia ran on his family which is a big NO NO.

Having delusional thoughts that your girlfriend poisoned you and that you had to hurt her and kill her doesn't exactly spell stage-turquoise psychic material. Just another guy that got too cocky and faced his demons.

Having a bad trip also doesn't mean schizophrenia.

Lots of people simply have bad trips and have no clue how to process or interpret what happened. So they might reach for a label like "crazy", "schizo", "psycho" or whatever. Doesn't mean much.

I'll tell you this much: if an ordinary person experienced some of my recent awakenings out of the blue, without years of conceptual foundation and inner work, they would surely think they went insane and they would check themselves into a hospital and ask for meds to get back to normal.

That's how radical awakening can be. I smile and laugh about it only because I've done so much work to understand and embrace it. And even so, it doesn't always leave me smiling and laughing. Sometimes it's scary and hard.

I think many “crazy” ppl are incredibly intuitive. My mom has a history of both psychotic breaks and spot on intuition. When she doesn’t like someone, I pay attention. My dad had this friend, he seemed nice enough to me, my mom HATED him. Three years later, he ended up starting a small charity and embezzling money from it. 

Then there’s my own experience. I had myself a psychotic break about a year ago. I thought some bad bad stuff was going down and it was my job to save ppl. Come to find out, my intuition was right but distorted by fear. “My whole life is built on lies! Lies!” And it was... it’s almost like I was feeling the dysfunction in everyone, the dishonesty. Its extremely frustrating knowing shit needs to change, and not knowing where to start bc nobody listens to you. It drove me crazy. There’s always a kernel of truth in everyone’s perspective. 

See, when a really intuitive person speaks up about their feelings and constantly gets turned down or told they’re crazy, they start to believe it. Especially here in America, at least mainstream America. If you read the DSMs criteria for schizophrenia, it actually sounds like psychic abilities. A person may believe the TV is trying to control their mind. Well... isn’t it? ?  I’ve had visual “hallucinations,” one auditory “hallucination.” Someone may see lights, or believe a song, article, movie etc has a special message just for them. Don’t y’all read something and think “omg I was supposed to see this”? I do this all the time—many times I’m moved to tears. For a long time, I thought I was nuttier than squirrel shit. Now, I realize I’m just really sensitive. Transcending the sane/insane duality is something that led to my awakening, I believe. 

Bc of my history, I tend to find others who are convinced they’re crazy, and really they’re just hurting and suffering, also chronically invalidated. Bc nobody else listens to them, they don’t listen to themselves. This is pretty common with highly sensitive ppl too, and I’m also one of those. If you’re not “normal,” often ppl think you're sick or bad. 

as far as how hallucinogens affect this, idk. I haven’t tripped in at least ten years. 

Sure, but heres our friend reality to paint you a picture of what it actually feels like for a lot of people

@Mafortu that is the sad reality for many ppl. You’re absolutely right. I want to give that guy a hug and just listen to his story... Btw you should read up on John Nash, or watch A Beautiful Mind w Russel Crowe (it’s about John Nash) He “cured” his schizophrenia by not giving his delusions power. Learning about him was instrumental to my own mental health. 

This guy... I wonder about the variables in his life. I can’t help but think what if he had help processing his trauma? Like outside the psychiatric paradigm kind of help. What are his beliefs? Does he know how to work through fear? He understands his thoughts are not real, like Nash. Where will he be w that in 5 years? 

the thing about mental health is the person suffering is the only one with the key to their healing. If you don’t trust yourself, how can you do that? Obv yeah you need a good support system, but you are the only person who can help yourself. Does he know that? Bc that’s something most ppl don’t know. Definitely not common knowledge, at least. When I was researching mental illness, nothing came up about healing the illness. Except for professional help and pills... For years I thought I was broken. I was exceptionally good at hiding it, and I wasn’t as bad as this guy. I’m also obsessive lol. I never settled on the idea of being broken. “Mental illness has no cure.” Yeah? Watch me find it, motherfuckers! ? And my journey has helped my mom as well—she’s a totally different person these days. She’s still kinda wacky lol but it’s good wacky. 

There’s always exceptions. And healing doesn’t lead to “normal,” it leads to functional. Everyone has a light side and a dark side; it’s all about making a shift on that continuum. Curses become gifts, fear becomes bravery etc  

My grandfather had paranoid schizophrenia so should I stay away from shrooms ?

I hear voices all the time. They are the most powerful teachers. They've predicted the future for me multiple times...actually just the other day I was speaking with *the* voice and it told me something else. Without being able to hear the voice I wouldn't have got where I am today

@Chumbimba  Psychedelics is nothing for unexperienced Mystics. You know what happens if you regularly take a lot of high doses of psychedelics without preparation? All the shit that would have come up during years/decades of meditation comes up all at once. You WILL fear the formless and end up in the dark night of the soul. 

If you are genetically more likely to experience psychotic states, you will probably experience the first formless things pretty fast if you meditate a lot.

@Endangered-EGO I have taken LSD 3 times but its almost been 3 years and had no preparation or personal development knowledge. I want to take shrooms the last day of my solo retreat in May. only 2 grams but I don't want to trigger shit like this guy. 

@Chumbimba If you're paranoid, lack serotonin, and you aren't satisfied with your life, get that sorted out and then trip from a place of love, this should keep ya safe :) 

I personally have a schizophrenic relative and have taken mushrooms and LSD multiple times. Nothing triggered in me, or at least not yet from the doses I took. Just be cautious. What I did to prepare for my trips was I started micro-dosing LSD for a month and slowly increasing the dose so that my brain was getting used to being on these chemicals, then after that, I took the heavier doses.

makes me wonder 

cuz being able to diagnose means that we need to assume that there is an objective external reality - same for anybody, and we exactly know what is it,
only then we can label things by comparsion to that natural state ( but what is natural state?) and if there is a diffrence then is diagnoses as sickness or abnormal 

and as far as history shows our assumptions about reality were temporary untill they turn of to be false

@OmniYoga True! The problem with "objective" reality is that it's a believe! And people can make a believe come true!

For example: God isn't true for you if you are an atheist. But god is true for you if you are a theist!

Let's say you live in a country run by a theistic government. One day the government decides to make atheism illegal. Every atheist gets the death penalty!

You, an atheist, claim that god isn't real, but how could something that is not real have real effects on your life? How could reality be changed by a something that isn't even real?

See? It doesn't matter whether something is "real" or not! Human imagination is powerful enough to make it become real! All you need is people!

You can turn "insanity" into "sanity" if you have enough backup! If you get enough people to believe you, you stop being "insane"! And that is my point!

"Sanity". "Objectivity". All of these just mean the same: A lot of people believe in it. If a single person claims to be able to talk to ghosts... well... they'd probably be put on medication. But what if every third human being on earth claimed to be able to talk to ghosts? Would you call a third of the entire population "insane"? Probably not! Society would most likely believe them to a certain degree!

That's why talking about objectivity is so complicated! You could be right, but are you telling the truth if nobody else believes you? Having a truth different from everybody else tends to be labeled "insane"...

beep boop