Dwarniel

Zizek quote

52 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Is Zizek a good guy to listen, or is he neurotic. I can hear these neurotic ticks in his voice, and I don't like how he assumes communism will fix everything, all of our problems.

He is great to listen to, but just keep in mind that he doesn't understand spirituality,  nonduality, awakening, love, etc.

He makes some excellent points about politics and ideology that are worth integrating.

He's not really a communist in the way most people use that term. He likes to be provocative. By "communist" all he really means is a larger role for the state, and moving towards world government.

You can agree or disagree with him on that, but his points about how ideology works are quite profound and important to understand. He makes important structural points there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 24.1.2020 at 0:50 AM, Leo Gura said:

He's not really a communist in the way most people use that term. He likes to be provocative. By "communist" all he really means is a larger role for the state, and moving towards world government.

Finally, someone who gets it ?? 

@Husseinisdoingfine I would most def say he's worth listening to. Just don't blindly believe everything he says regarding spirituality. (as Leo already pointed out...) He's very charming and fun to listen to as well. Quite the character. 

...But what if the opposite is true?

On 23. 1. 2020 at 11:33 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Is Zizek a good guy to listen, or is he neurotic. I can hear these neurotic ticks in his voice, and I don't like how he assumes communism will fix everything, all of our problems.

To answer you precisely, I'd say Zizek is both - good guy to listen to and very neurotic at the same time.

I would not say that he thinks that communism is a fix to everything - he is very critical and somewhat sceptical about society overall, including communism. He is definitely not fond of earlier communist regimes which he generally see as disasters. Maybe he has got Stalin's pictures in his Ljubljana apartment, but that is for scaring his visitors off (if we could believe him on that).

He continously defines and talk about what he sees as the biggest problems that human race face and since he is Hegelian and Lacanian, he also makes use of Marxist philosophy, terminology and concepts along with said Lacanian perspective.

Simply put, he is good to listen to mainly for these reasons: exciting presentation, a lot of crazy jokes which illustrate his points, he makes you think and make you see things from other perspective; he definitely does not shy away from controversial subjects. But keep in mind he is very proud of being a philosopher; he loves to pose difficult questions and reveal controversial lines of thoughts without proposing final answers. And if you will ever read some of his books, you will see for yourself what it means to be eclectic.

Start with his videos, there is a lot of of them on youtube; he oftens repeat certain themes so you will see, if he is your cup of tea :)

13 hours ago, Potato People King said:

Maybe he has got Stalin's pictures in his Ljubljana apartment, but that is for scaring his visitors off 

I think he's my spirit animal

I need to get me some Stalin pictures. That is brilliant.

I never liked that son of a gun. He created a cult like following around him and thinks he is  the second coming of Socrates. These comments from him are so forced. 

@StarStruck How dare you question comrade Stalin.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:07 PM, RevoCulture said:

@Yog   I, personally, don't resonate with the quote. 

yea, nor do . I can only see this line of thinking work when you are highly developed and manage to see yourself in others. See god in others, not your ego. Be on the edge of dualism. But I am sure he didn't mean this. Its just something I extracted.

If you are a low, normal or even somewhat developed human being this is a terrible advice. What you'll end up doing is just create more shit both for yourself and others.

Another thing is that twitter is so limited, it rewards impulsivity and forces people to compress everything into 2 sentences. If he had 5 minutes to say something about it, it would be better and make more sense I am sure. At least in the psychoanalytic sense.

Something I assume in the lines of:
Instead of sitting in your cave doing pretend self work and mental faping and be "spiritual" in the safety of your cave, flooded by your privilege, go out in the world where people suffer and do something about it. Sounds something he would say to me.

Nevertheless he still has that self-escapism. its a bad trait of his.

On 1/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, Yog said:

@Leo Gura
I bet you cant get a Stalin painting this big.

RO7MDC2OVJG7NHN6ADMZNZAB74.JPG

The look of terror on JP's face is priceless :D

Zizek has won.

@Leo Gura
You'll get to defend your property better by hanging communist paintings around.
But you'll also get that look. Its a trade-off , not sure how fair. Be careful man :D

Maybe I should order a painting of George W Bush wearing his green bomber jumpsuit on top of a mountain of 100,000 Iraqi corpses. A little tribute to neoliberalism.

54 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

I have a really really hard time understanding what he is saying, I've tried listening to his stuff but could never get into it.

He rarely makes a big picture point. He likes to ramble around, lost in details and examples, down some rabbit hole.

can we change the title of this thread into: know thy avatar? xD

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe I should order a painting of George W Bush wearing his green bomber jumpsuit on top of a mountain of 100,000 Iraqi corpses. A little tribute to neoliberalism.

LOL

i'm painting this. thanks

When Zizek dives deeper:Screenshot_20200210_132944.jpgScreenshot_20200210_133006.jpgScreenshot_20200210_133019.jpg

Screenshot_20200210_133043.jpgScreenshot_20200210_133100.jpgScreenshot_20200210_133118.jpg

Edited by Dwarniel

It's amazing how he can be so self-aware yet so asleep at the same time ;)

Ideology's a bitch, it corrupts even the best minds.

On 2020-01-23 at 3:50 PM, Leo Gura said:

He is great to listen to

His lisp disgusts me and his neurosis gives me anxiety.

Did anybody watch this catastrophe? 

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

On 1/23/2020 at 3:50 AM, Leo Gura said:

Who the fuck knows what's real these days? Investigate for yourselves.

?

Priceless! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE