VeganAwake

How practices keep the self illusion alive!!

118 posts in this topic

There is no personal ME inside the body. When Awakening occurs it is recognized this imaginary self is a completely fictional character of the mind and never existed in the first place....its wild how this even occurs but yet it does.

The constant seeking perpetuates the illusion of the self..

And since the separate self isn't real, what it keeps you seeking for can never be fulfilled, because it's just an illusion that something needs to be found.

Nothing needs to be found because there is no you, and everything is already complete. 

It's literally something that's already perfectly complete continuing to seek for completeness... this is what's referred to as running on the hamster wheel endlessly. 

It's hopeless because this method constantly confirms the illusion is real. That a separate me needs to find enlightenment to be complete. 

Stop the Hopeless seeking, turn within and recognize there is no separate ME inside the body. This false sense of me it's comprised of beliefs perceptions ideas and thoughts about the self... there is no real character inside the body... that's an illusion or Maya illusion of the self.

It's to die before you die..

No one enters the gateless gate so be nobody ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Or be God. 

Silly kid. Just can't escape it. God damn Surrender and me listening. 

In midst of greatest psychedelic trip ever called washing dishes. 

Jump shot>washing dishes 

More fun. 

Oh c'mon nothing substitutes sponge water and plates there is something deeply mystical in it. 

But yes could confirm medititation is quite cool too. Can't make mistake with it. 

(only reason I am not banned already I guess because I really am enlightened so I am safe,Infinite Goodness of Reality) 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

44 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

You can be free and be practicing

I practice of my jump shot daily bro

Yes freedom is always the case it's just whether it's felt or not.

The belief that something needs to be improved is the illusion.

It's basically a paradox if Perfection is recognized and practices occur within this Perfection that's fine... it's basically when the feeling of incompleteness arises within perfection... that's the dead giveaway of the illusion ❤

But yes no matter what Perfection and completeness is always the case no matter what the mind tells you.

Whether Awakening occurs or not it's whole it's complete it's THIS...

Nothing really matters! ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

37 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Jump shot>washing dishes 

More fun. 

Oh c'mon nothing substitutes sponge water and plates there is something deeply mystical in it. 

But yes could confirm medititation is quite cool too. Can't make mistake with it. 

(only reason I am not banned already I guess because I really am enlightened so I am safe,Infinite Goodness of Reality) 

You actually aren't anyone, but the truth is you tacked on the belief that you are God on top of the egoic illusory self and are now a deluded spiritual ego that thinks it knows what it's talking about and seems to suffer from multiple personality disorder or just too many hallucinogenics.

" Three things cannot be hidden for long the Sun the moon and Truth"

Actuality of Being is God. 

Really kiddo? Well you know me. Loads of fun. My way of saying thanks. 

When really everything is stripped away. 

You always been pure Conciousness. Yes I am fully eternal soul. Quite cool I guess makes me act like Martin Ball. 

14 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Actuality of Being is God. 

Really kiddo? Well you know me. Loads of fun. My way of saying thanks. 

When really everything is stripped away. 

You always been pure Conciousness. Yes I am fully eternal soul. Quite cool I guess makes me act like Martin Ball. 

When the illusory self is dropped what is simultaneously recognized is that all is one with the divine.

Your comments sound demeaning misleading and are often confusing.

If people look up to you on this forum they will read your comments on my post and get confused at what is a reliable source of information to trust...

Just be aware that what you are calling a silly kid is a self-realized liberated Oneness with the Divine sharing a message..

A bodhisattva ❤

Just admit it that you don't actually know you are the ultimate creator... this is called knowing and it's a trap. You probably just heard this from Leo's videos and like I said tacked it on top of your illusory self which turns into a spiritual ego.

Enlightenment is a falling away of the illusory self not an adding on top of it.

Knowing is the Trap...?

Unknowing is freedom...❤

22 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

Screenshot_20200112-231112~2.png

Purpose is a creation of the Mind.

Everything is happening within THIS...and THIS is an Indescribable nothing and everything.

Whether one awakens from the dream or not makes no difference...THIS is perfect; THIS is whole; THIS is complete.

It's perfect absolute boundless freedom ❤

It's unknowable!

If I had taken on this mentality at the beginning of my journey, I would've been defeated before I began. 

Try to not to be swept away in absolutism, the ego loves moralizing and creating definitive answers when there are none (look at politics as a great example.) The ego hates admitting relativity. 

For example, my meditation practice is not about finding truth. It is about slowly transforming the mind. While this practice isn't necessarily useful to recognizing THIS as you frequently point out, it does help embody the actuality of THIS. When the mind stops projecting 100s of thoughts every minute, when the mind starts to reign itself in and slow down, reality is seen more carefully. In this way, the practice doesn't pull one away, but helps connect to the source of being, the source of reality. Contemplation, as a practice, is about becoming conscious, but it's also admitting you don't know. While it's true that THIS is it, THIS is everything, THIS is being fueled by an insurmountable amount of mind, of projections, of good/bad, craving/aversion, distractions, beliefs, assumptions, life story. Until one contemplates the amount and significance of how the mind is warping one's experience of THIS, THIS cannot be seen fully. 

There is deep truth to what you're getting at here. Truth has nothing to do with practices. But it would be foolish to dismiss the value of practices, of techniques along this path. Moreover, everyone's path is different. For you, perhaps dropping all practices is what you needed. But this is certainly not the case for everyone. 

@Consilience

1 minute ago, Consilience said:

If I had taken on this mentality at the beginning of my journey, I would've been defeated before I began. 

Try to not to be swept away in absolutism, the ego loves moralizing and creating definitive answers when there are none (look at politics as a great example.) The ego hates admitting relativity. 

For example, my meditation practice is not about finding truth. It is about slowly transforming the mind. While this practice isn't necessarily useful to recognizing THIS as you frequently point out, it does help embody the actuality of THIS. When the mind stops projecting 100s of thoughts every minute, when the mind starts to reign itself in and slow down, reality is seen more carefully. In this way, the practice doesn't pull one away, but helps connect to the source of being, the source of reality. Contemplation, as a practice, is about becoming conscious, but it's also admitting you don't know. While it's true that THIS is it, THIS is everything, THIS is being fueled by an insurmountable amount of mind, of projections, of good/bad, craving/aversion, distractions, beliefs, assumptions, life story. Until one contemplates the amount and significance of how the mind is warping one's experience of THIS, THIS cannot be seen fully. 

There is deep truth to what you're getting at here. Truth has nothing to do with practices. But it would be foolish to dismiss the value of practices, of techniques along this path. Moreover, everyone's path is different. For you, perhaps dropping all practices is what you needed. But this is certainly not the case for everyone. 

9_9

16 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Practices have no value at all... go back up to the top and read my original post. Practices perpetuate the belief of the illusory self.

You cannot practice dropping the illusory self, either it happens or it does not. 

Either the illusion is seen through or it is not.

Either Awakening occurs, or it does not.

And yes this is the case for everyone.

The knowledge that seeking perpetuates the belief of the illusory self is seen throughout almost all the great Masters quotes. 

Spiritual seeking is just another form of spiritual materialism. It's seeking to find something for the illusory self.

“Those who are actively seeking enlightenment will not find it because the act of looking for it is the distraction from it.”
― Enza Vita

In fact the only seeking that actually pays off with Enlightenment work, is stumbling upon the knowledge that seeking perpetuates the illusory sense of self, and recognizing it's a turning within and crumbling away not an adding to. ❤

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."-Jesus

How you ask, seek or knock, and what that looks like is something that only you will know. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

41 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Purpose is a creation of the Mind.

Everything is happening within THIS...and THIS is an Indescribable nothing and everything.

Whether one awakens from the dream or not makes no difference...THIS is perfect; THIS is whole; THIS is complete.

It's perfect absolute boundless freedom ❤

It's unknowable!

Perfect and freedom are a creation of the Mind.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

6 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

In fact the only seeking that actually pays off with Enlightenment work, is stumbling upon the knowledge that seeking perpetuates the illusory sense of self, and recognizing it's a turning within and crumbling away not an adding to. ❤

Yes... And more often than not, practices are required which lead one to stumbling upon this finding.

Effort is required initially...

R. Maharshi: "There is a state beyond our efforts or effortlessness. Until it is
realised effort is necessary."

It is premature to preach openly and as an absolute teaching that all practices are useless... All teachings are contemporary and relative.

And yes. To no-one :)

How cool is that !!

And of course, "cool" is a creation of the Mind.

Even mind is a creation of the Mind

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Practices have no value at all... go back up to the top and read my original post. Practices perpetuate the belief of the illusory self.

You cannot practice dropping the illusory self, either it happens or it does not. 

Either the illusion is seen through or it is not.

Either Awakening occurs, or it does not.

And yes this is the case for everyone.

The knowledge that seeking perpetuates the belief of the illusory self is seen throughout almost all the great Masters quotes. 

Spiritual seeking is just another form of spiritual materialism. It's seeking to find something for the illusory self.

“Those who are actively seeking enlightenment will not find it because the act of looking for it is the distraction from it.”
― Enza Vita

"Practices have no value at all..." Egoic dogma

"Practices perpetuate the belief of the illusory self." That's like saying eating food perpetuates the belief of an illusory self. When one can meditate while recognizing they are not the one meditating, true meditation begins. Practice and truth are not incompatible, it's ego that thinks they are not.   

"You cannot practice dropping the illusory self, either it happens or it does not." True, but you can create conditions that facilitate this event being more or less likely to occur. Inquiring "Who am I?" is more likely to reveal THIS than sitting and watching reality TV all day. Therefore, practices can help. 

"Spiritual seeking is just another form of spiritual materialism." True, but seeking is a part of the path. It's spiritually egotism to dismiss its value. If one never begins seeking, one will never awaken to truth. How do you not see this? 

― Enza Vita

This is true. But if one never learns about enlightenment and begins seeking it out, they will most likely remain within the veil of ignorance. 

I hope you can begin appreciating the relativity of what's at play here. You can tout all you want about how useless practices are, but this doens't mean all practices are about enlightenment. Believe it or not, there is much more to life than your singular enlightenment. There are realms of consciousness and mind that one can discover that have nothing to do with the absolute. Dismissing duality, dismissing practices, dismissing life, is just a form of spiritual egotism that I've seen perpetuated by a number of individuals on this forum over time. I'm not saying this is necessarily the case for veganawake, but I do see dogma in this post. Lot's of dogma. 

I will reiterate, if it weren't for beginning practices and seeking enlightenment, I would not know what I know now. I won't say I'm enlightened, but I do not feel separate from enlightenment. And I have my practices to thank for my discoveries along the way. 

Edit: But even communicating what I mean is impossible because of language. The practices aren't "mine" and "I" do not do them, however the practices continue to persist, survival continues to persist, and I am none of it. And the practices are what revealed this truth.

Edited by Consilience