7thLetter

Is meditation a feminine practice?

12 posts in this topic

I'm at a point in my life where I feel the need to focus on dating, relationships, and becoming an attractive male overall. With that being said, I'd like to focus more  on doing masculine practices to improve my masculinity.

Most spiritual practices for me are at a pause for me at the moment. I've previously done a couple years of meditation, but I don't know how much of it has directly impacted my level of masculinity and in what way.

I have a feeling I might get some answers related to Leo's video on full-circle, but I prefer not to have those answers here. I'll watch the video if I want to hear about that.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I think it is more of a problem with understanding what is feminine , what is masculine.

If you think that masculine is being strong,brute and feminine is being loving,peaceful then you can come up with all kind of ideas. 

In my opinion they all are just mental constructs, any gender can have any qualities and   feminine, masculine is just distortion of having some fantasy of what thous genders encompass, when in reality such labels do not work,people are different, biological difference can make certain traits be more common on one side, but by large it is not the case. 

Edited by purerogue

Do a 1 hour strong determine meditation sit and let us know whether it’s masculine or feminine. 

Tbh though, it had qualities of both. It helps me be more masculine though but also helps me tap into more femininity. 

Instead of focusing on being as masculine as possible, realise that there are positive and negative aspects to masculinity, as well as femininity.

For example, positive aspects of masculinity might include:

-confidence from competence

-taking right action when required, helping others in need

-being in control of ones emotions, while still remaining in touch with them.

-not allowing people to mistreat you, by drawing clear boundaries around what is okay and what is not

-being confident enough to admit flaws

Negative aspects of masculinity to avoid:

-unnecessary aggressive behaviours or verbal threats

-shunning of different people

-making fun of people who don’t act as masculine as you

-being racist/chauvinistic

-showing off when you are covering up for a weakness

these are just a few things to work on, I haven’t even touched upon feminine traits, and yes, men have feminine traits as well as masculine, as do women have masculine traits as well as feminine.

Good luck with the dating thing, glad I don’t have to do that as I’ve been married over 10 years with 2 kids.

hardcore meditation is actually probably one of the most macho-masculine things out there imo :P

It may naturally bring to the surface more feminine qualities that were already there in you, but I can't see how the practice itself is feminine

@7thLetter let's say that meditation would be a feminine practice, just for the sake of the conversation.

How would that make you feel? Would that be a problem for you to engage in? What inside you would feel bad about it? And why?

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Yep, do a 2-hour SDS meditation. You are just trying to come up with an excuse to slack off. 

The right hand path ones can be. Its a Yin path.
Surrender,humility and absorption into the divine.
Opposed to the left hand one of becoming the divine.

None of them leads all the way to heaven, only the middle path does

Edited by Yog

8 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

I'm at a point in my life where I feel the need to focus on dating, relationships, and becoming an attractive male overall. With that being said, I'd like to focus more  on doing masculine practices to improve my masculinity.

Most spiritual practices for me are at a pause for me at the moment. I've previously done a couple years of meditation, but I don't know how much of it has directly impacted my level of masculinity and in what way.

I have a feeling I might get some answers related to Leo's video on full-circle, but I prefer not to have those answers here. I'll watch the video if I want to hear about that.

Meditation makes you more conscious.

If you're more conscious you can handle your emotions and focus better.

If you can handle your emotions and focus better you can become the best man you could be.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them