Nate0068

Does being ever get boring

10 posts in this topic

So when you get back intouch with your self as you were when you were younger just so amazed but the most simplist of experiences can that ever get boring? Like does enlightenment get boring i mean yeah its super to cool to realize enlightenment from your previous parodox you were living in wheter that be materialism or religion or whatever but once you realize all of this does it ever lose its magic ?

I think in order to truly know the answer to your question, you'd have to truly know what boring is, to contemplate boredom until you understand it fully. So first what is boring? What is the existential nature of boring and why and how exactly does it arise? 

Boring comes from assigning a value judgement, "this is boring" "this is exciting" which comes from the ego. Pure being is prior to that judgement being made. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Ideally speaking, bordem is a reaction of the ego-mind.

In practice though, until you deeply awaken and purify the mind through 1000s of hours of meditation, you will suffer lots of bordem. It's a survival function.

There is no way around bordem, you must go through it.

Extreme mindfulness is required for things not to lose their magic. Survival necessarily makes things lose their magic because magic is not important to survival. Magic is a quality of pure Being.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

if parodoxitis ever gets boring, you can still try nitrous oxide next time at the dentist`s.

Boredem can be experienced, but the nature of being isn't boring

When you can't be bored, or even remember what boredom feels like, this is when the fun starts ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 12/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, Nate0068 said:

So when you get back intouch with your self as you were when you were younger just so amazed but the most simplist of experiences can that ever get boring? Like does enlightenment get boring i mean yeah its super to cool to realize enlightenment from your previous parodox you were living in wheter that be materialism or religion or whatever but once you realize all of this does it ever lose its magic ?

@Nate0068 According to Terence McKenna, it is the nature consciousness to seek novelty. I see this as also meaning it moves away from "boredom". I believe this is the fuel to push consciousness forward towards evolution and greater complexity.

Wherever you are now will become boring, if you are lucky. People that say their whole focus is on "being" are embracing stagnation imo. "Being" only half of the story.

Edited by Matt8800