Dlavjr

Good alternatives for wheat and dairy

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bazera said:

What do you put inside those lettuce leaves?

The same stuff you would stick inside bread. ;)

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

28 minutes ago, Amandine said:

The same stuff you would stick inside bread. ;)

sausage?

or maybe jam?

Edited by remember
or maybe both

4 hours ago, remember said:

sausage?

or maybe jam?

Yep, whatever floats your boat. :) (Wouldn't recommend them though, especially not together, haha)

If you're just going to carry on eating junk like sausages and jam, you may as well just go the whole hog and eat the damn bread too).

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I make sandwiches and burgers using lettuce leaves instead of bread. It works quite well. Just use double or triple layers of large round leaves.

You can also find wheat-free warps.

What's the best kind of lettuce to use for a lettuce wraps? 

8 hours ago, Amandine said:

@Dlavjr Why before bed? Is it because you get home late? And you haven't got much time for "cooking up something"? What about a nutritious soup? "Amys Kitchen" offer organic ones with with slow carbs like lentils, etc Otherwise another quickie is to pop a potato in the microwave and have a hot baked potato with some grass-fed butter (or dribble of olive oil), sea salt and black pepper on.

As for "filling foods or lighter foods or not eating at all", surely that's only for you to answer, depending on your hunger levels? Of course, it's better to eat lighter than heavier before going to bed (to sleep better and avoid weird dreams, apart from anything else, lol!). And as for "not eating at all", as long as you're not depriving your body of essential nutriments by "going without" due to "pressures of time".

I usually eat once when I get home from work at around 5 and then end up hungry by the time I go to bed around 9, I just wasn't sure if it was a bad habit to have like a handful of nuts before bed or to a smoothie or if it's better not to eat, I've heard mixed things about the body digesting overnight

8 hours ago, Amandine said:

@Dlavjr Do you like sushi? That would be a quite convenient and handy wheat-free alternative to grab for a quick lunch.

I love sushi but I'm weary about it because often times when I eat it it upsets my stomach, that just might be the quality of sushi though. Most seafood I digest just fine

Also if anybody has good recommendations for protein powders that are good, I want to avoid whey as it's heavy on my stomach 

1 hour ago, Dlavjr said:

What's the best kind of lettuce to use for a lettuce wraps? 

Any kind, but the bigger and stronger the leaves, the better, to hold intact all the stuff inside :)

11 hours ago, remember said:

@Nivsch what was it again nutella and olives? :D

I've had them together last night. To be more precise, I ate olives first, and then chocolate, and then olives once again, and then I rolled so that they could mix ?

Didn't feel wrong, AT ALL! even though I was having a stomach condition before. I now feel better. It might have been the cure for me ??

Edited by Lento

8 hours ago, Dlavjr said:

Also if anybody has good recommendations for protein powders that are good, I want to avoid whey as it's heavy on my stomach 

Personally I don't recommend protein powders as a regular thing. They are okay occasionally but they are all processed food product for the most part. Some people put beans directly in their smoothies. Pea protein is a thing people like but I still don't feel super great about it as its highly processed. I like to put nut butter in my smoothies sometimes but don't do that all the time as I have read that aerated fats are not good in the body. Try to go for a protein powder that has as few ingredients as possible. 

"You Create Magic" 

On 12/15/2019 at 4:34 AM, Dlavjr said:

On 12/15/2019 at 4:34 AM, Dlavjr said:

I'm not vegan but I'm open to protein alternatives to meat when I can get them if anybody has any suggestions

Nuts and lentils. Been mostly a vegetarian all my life. Unless you're a serious athlete or your body needs recovering from some injury or surgery, you don't need meat proteins. 

Hello! You can try to eat more healthy food like: avocado, for example, some chia seeds, no bread, no sugar, eat more vegetables and fruits. And of course don't forget about sport exercises or yoga.

I make my own gluten free roti bread with chicipea flour, rice flour and spices. My family and friends love it!