outlandish

Breathing mystery

12 posts in this topic

breathing_mystery_pras_tila.gif

Found on social media. This one works so well for me, don't have to breathe slowly. How the heck does this happen?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

8 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Found on social media. This one works so well for me, don't have to breathe slowly. How the heck does this happen?

cool stuff! 

my guess....

Spoiler alert: 

Our mind looks for the pattern, the clue is in our breath that the dots aren’t actually moving anywhere, it’s a flash back and forth between two sets of dots

This is cool. During the same inhalation/exhalation/ r no breathing at all, if you want the dots to move the other way, you can make it happen. So it really isn't the breathing its your mind controlling which way they go at will.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Every time you shift your awareness/focus the dots move, its in between your awareness on you breath, moving your fingers, blinking your eyes etc. and the awareness/focus on the dots moving. You can't focus on both. I guess :D 

2 hours ago, outlandish said:

breathing_mystery_pras_tila.gif

That is cool beans!!!!:)

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Are the dots not actually moving but disappearing and reappearing so that it creates the illusion of movement? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

20 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Are the dots not actually moving but disappearing and reappearing so that it creates the illusion of movement? 

Ha yeah two angles to see the patterning, like other optical illusions 

@EddieEddie1995  I think you’re spot on 

Edited by DrewNows

It has nothing to do with the breath per se.

It's just an optical illusion created by making two images appear and then disappear constantly one after the other.

The dots are not moving. But they appear to be moving in two directions, because they are symmetrical. Here are the screenshots showing the trick:

IMG_20191206_032409.jpg

IMG_20191206_032337.jpg

Sorry for ruining this breathing exercise for you guys ?

Yes @Lento and others, obviously this is an optical illusion, that's exactly the point. The weird thing is how the illusion of movement actually changes direction depending on if you're breathing in out.

6 hours ago, EddieEddie1995 said:

Every time you shift your awareness/focus the dots move, its in between your awareness on you breath, moving your fingers, blinking your eyes etc. and the awareness/focus on the dots moving. You can't focus on both. I guess :D 

I think you're right @EddieEddie1995 good call! If I shift my attention between my fingers, and toes say, it still does this, but not nearly as easily. Blinking didn't do it for me at all.

I'll venture that the breath is an abnormally strong anchor for attention, which is probably why it's nearly universally used as an object of meditation. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.