SantaMaria

Mescaline and Spiritual awakening

41 posts in this topic

Thoughts on mescaline? I haven’t taken it yet, I’ve heard it causes one to become more conscious and introspective like other psychedelics. Would really appreciate your help! 

@SantaMaria yes, it's a fantastic substance. Do it!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I’ve done San Pedro and it’s awesome for mystical experiences and insights. A smooth ride. 

I recommend Aldous Huxley´s book The Doors of Perception.

He himself take a dose of mescaline and star to relate his experience in pretty cool detail.

The only problem with it is the nausea and vomiting which most people get.

Mescaline is one of the most nauseous psychedelics.

Take some ginger pills before the trip.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The only problem with it is the nausea and vomiting which most people get.

Mescaline is one of the most nauseous psychedelics.

Take some ginger pills before the trip.

That's because you're not extracting it. 

If you actually follow an extraction TEK the nausea goes away. This applies for NN-DMT, Mescaline and LSA. 

Extractions are fun to do, and make the psychedelic more pure. Unless you've got a problem/don't like science, and have a thing for doing it naturally, there's no problem with extracting it.

P.S. I have been told by shamans that do ayahuasca that vomiting and nausea are actually necessary for 'purging'. They help you get rid of bad emotions, spirits, etc. To be honest I have no idea of the validity of that, but you might not want to assume that 'nausea' and 'vomiting' are bad things, they may be good, great, necessary, effective things. 

@electroBeam No, I am talking about pure synthetic mescaline. It's still bad.

I've done 70+ deep trips at this point and no vomiting was necessary.

Shamans say that because they need to rationalize their inferior product because they cannot access pure chems.

You will never regret taking the purest chem possible.

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@electroBeam No, I am talking about pure synthetic mescaline. It's still bad.

ok, I've experienced something different on mescaline. I didn't know others had nausea and vomiting from pure mescaline.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've done 70+ deep trips at this point and no vomiting was necessary.

Shamans say that because they need to rationalize their inferior product because they cannot access pure chems.

You will never regret taking the purest chem possible.

I agree with my extremely limited psychedelic experiences. But shamans also do sweat lodges(suggesting that physiological purging is important to them), and they have a whole theory and practice on vomiting and purging. How can such developments be explained away as them making up excuses for inferior products.

@electroBeam That CAN be a method, just like any suffering can be made into a method. You can make a spiritual practice out of dipping your balls into a glass of ice cold water and picturing evil spirits leaving your balls as you sit there.

There will be some truth in that.

But is that necessary? No

Are there better ways? Yes

@Leo Gura Is it still worth doing Ayahuasca at a shaman? I found a church near me that has two day ceremonies for $600. Or am I better off just doing it myself? I have had 3 "light" mushroom trips, so nothing crazy. 

16 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

@Leo Gura Is it still worth doing Ayahuasca at a shaman? I found a church near me that has two day ceremonies for $600. Or am I better off just doing it myself? I have had 3 "light" mushroom trips, so nothing crazy. 

It's all relative.

Doing it is better than not doing anything at all. But it's better to be your own shaman if you can manage that.

What matters is the substance, not the shaman. The shaman is a middleman. Why do you want a middleman between you and God?

@Leo Gura So far so good. I have been making sure to pace myself as to not over do things. I'll go with investing the $600 elsewhere. 

37 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura Do you not see any benefits from purging?

I feel it distracts from contemplation.

Maybe for some people it may be necessary, but I think it can mostly be avoided with proper technique and the right chemicals.

Some people vomit regardless of the chemical.

The same batch, the same dose, the same substance, fasting for a few hours before. Two people ok, one person vomits. Has happened twice to the same person. This person was also noticeably more anxious.

8 minutes ago, Girzo said:

The same batch, the same dose, the same substance, fasting for a few hours before. Two people ok, one person vomits. Has happened twice to the same person. This person was also noticeably more anxious.

That would be a good thesis project

20 minutes ago, Girzo said:

The same chemicals affect people differently. Also, people have different levels of trauma, shadow, and karma to purify.

If you've lived an evil life full of lies, yeah, a psychedelic might cause you to vomit simply from self-disgust.

if the psychedelic makes you awaken, or opening the third eye, you might vomit also from self-disgust, just by realizing the massive evilness of your shadow, your life can be a happy spiritually pure, giving and healthy one - it doesn’t change that you might need to vomit from disgust. fear does not need to be anxiety, people might vomit because their eye sees more than the eye of another. or maybe because the soul body is actually able to maintain some purity, as the body rejects some things to not belonging to itself. sensibility is not always a weakness, maybe the body reaction even has something positive, realizing the body is still able to reject what makes it sick. own deeds or others deeds - for self-love in that moment there might be no difference.
in ayurveda they think „ama“ is stored at the body in different places, they clean the stomach in panchakarma because of different reasons but it’s only one of five -problem might be kapha imbalance, so the throwing up might be a hint towards that.
maybe the throwing up really also cleans the body and is not really something that should be avoided - even spiritual dieting might be interesting in that regard, too.
i read an article of a shaman recently who was upset how substances are used nowadays, they were shamanic substances once and not to heal the patients - they were meant to make the shaman see. there was more knowledge attached the substance alone won’t teach you. spiritual dieting was one of what she mentioned.

Edited by remember

18 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I have been told by shamans that do ayahuasca that vomiting and nausea are actually necessary for 'purging'. They help you get rid of bad emotions, spirits, etc. To be honest I have no idea of the validity of that, but you might not want to assume that 'nausea' and 'vomiting' are bad things, they may be good, great, necessary, effective things. 

I did an Ayahuasca retreat in Peru and that is what the shaman told us before each ceremony. That the nausea/vomiting/diarrhea was an integral part of the process that helps one expel negative energy and move them toward healing and purification. This was the prevailing view of all long-term members of the community.

Ime, the vast amount of insights and realizations had nothing to do with the nausea/vomiting/diarrhea. Mother Aya was communicating with me and the purging was a distraction. During the retreat I may have had 50 insights, realization and I would say only one was directly related to vomiting. The first ceremony took a huge physical toll on my body. There were two days between ceremonies and I barely recovered. I almost had to pull out of the second ceremony. 

As much as the shamans say this is an integral part of the spiritual journey, I am not convinced. For example, if they discovered tree bark that removed the nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, I bet they would start adding in the tree bark while making the Aya brew. Not only is the purging physically stressful, it is a practical nightmare. The temple wrecked of vomit and diarrhea. The toilets area was gross. During the ceremonies, someone occasionally knocked over a vomit bucket. There were cleaning staff that obviously didn't enjoy cleaning up the mess. It was a very unpleasant part of the retreat and I think if coordinators could maintain the trippy part of Aya and remove the nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, most would. 

In the future, there will be synthetic 5-meo retreats that involve awakenings without the nausea/vomiting/diarrhea. 

4 hours ago, remember said:

if the psychedelic makes you awaken, or opening the third eye, you might vomit also from self-disgust, just by realizing the massive evilness of your shadow, your life can be a happy spiritually pure, giving and healthy one - it doesn’t change that you might need to vomit from disgust. 

That's fine if it is a natural part of the awakening process. Yet psychedelics like Aya will induce nausea/vomiting/diarrhea regardless of any self disgust. One could have no disgust and be violently hurling.

Imagine having a pure psychedelic that does not induce vomiting. Someone may take the psychedelic and naturally have disgust arise to which they vomit. That is a very different dynamic than a person taking the psychedelic and a second chemical that induces nausea and will make them vomit - regardless of whether or not disgust is present. The question is: why would someone take the extra vomit chemical? Why not just take the pure psychedelic?. . . I could see specific cases when someone has the intention of inducing vomiting to remove negativity. Yet this would be rare cases. As a general practice, adding in a vomiting chemical is counter-productive.  

10 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The question is: why would someone take the extra vomit chemical? Why not just take the pure psychedelic?

Theres a lot of fear involved in people accessing the pure chemicals, in the US. Some average people are scared of horror stories about the feds or don't know how to approach accessing them online, especially since all the reputable vendor sourcing was banned, or scared of the dark web. I feel a lot of people would rather blow all that time and travel money to travel to Peru than risk ordering. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry