IVONNE

Music Is Bad For Your Mentality

27 posts in this topic

hello,

i have noticed that music does effect our blood and energy and vibrancy.

i came to a point were i dont want to listen to it no more. it makes you forget and immature as you lose brain cells when you shoild be developing your front lobe

do some of you feel the same?

12 minutes ago, IVONNE said:

hello,

i came to a point were i dont want to listen to it no more. it makes you forget and immature as you lose brain cells when you shoild be developing your front lobe

My opinion is that music is a distraction from the state of being (a form of 'monkey chatter') and that we do it out of fear of emptiness. Recently I was doing my quiet sitting when all of a sudden an urge for humming a tune came over me. And again and again. When I looked deeper at what was causing the urge to rise, realized the tune humming was simply happening as a distraction from experiencing emptiness. 

That said, I personally love music, especially classical one, and that was quite a subtle, yet very powerful realization for me.    

@Natasha very nicely said. and i totally agree, it takes you away from being and so we tend to feel our empty holes. there are many other things in common with this reguard because it goes same for sex, alcohold, drugs and any other stimulating things to run away from that strong pain and that lonely horrible state. And for that thank you 

It is known

Edited by JevinR

It depends on what kind of music you listen to.If you listen to angry music all the time you'll be angry.

You can't go wrong with Classical,Jazz,and soothing type of EDM.I log in to digitally imported and listen to chillout and ambient and such genres.It's sublime.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:14 AM, IVONNE said:

hello,

music can be a great tool, music can be used to create a state of being, relaxation, peace, its also can be used as a distraction from your thought process that has created a mess for you. it can also be used to energize,  it depends on what you are doing with it, and what you are attempting to do with it.  it can be a good aid if used for the right reasons, which i would agree that much of the music isnt something i would consider listening too.

I think music is awesome

I enjoy the emotions and sensations like the body chills felt when you're vibing with the music notes or lyrics that seem to resonate somewhere within you 

Some songs arent just heard but can be felt

Edited by Atom
Spelling

I'm currently trying to get away from electronics more and more. Music can be an addiction and it certainly is for most of people listening to it including myself. The days where I only listen to 1-3 songs I'm okay with nad when you only listen to just a song per day it gets really beautiful. If you listen to much you get to this "I'm stuck in a rut and unconscious" feeling. Music helps me sometimes if I feel like I really need to cry but I can't.

Music overstimulates me really fast because I'm really sensitive so I might have a little bias here towards silence...

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

Music which opens the mind as a catalyst for the imagination is healthy.  Music which makes blood pressure rise and the body restless is good for exercise perhaps but can also limit the mind.

started just listening to one album that i really like, and cut out all else (as an experiment)  figured id get sick of it. but i only turn it on every, shit 3 or 4 days or so. 

(which was excruciating at first btw because i like a lot of different types of music)

funny thing. im not sick of it, and its popping up constantly. which does change my mindset 

think i may switch up the genre all together or give it up all together just to see what happends :)

im not advocating for or against music just sharing my personal experiment B|

@IVONNE Yeah! Try this: Get some good headphones, close your eyes, listen to music like this (other great artists are enigma, merkaba,) and shape your reality. Draw things, shape and mold things. Dance into the unknown even if it feels awkward, push it through and add that layer above yours. The important key is to REALLY feel it and know that you are it, whatever that you have imagined. :) 

I started to get away from music more and more. I just want to see how I behave without music. It is tough. But the moment when I appreciate the sounds that exist already, everything seems great. Imagine you are in a noisy place and you listen to music. And your headphones cancel the external sounds pretty nice. Still we have to realize that we only add more sounds to the sounds that already exist. It is like an overdose. Only in very harmonic environments it would make more sense to enjoy music. But still I hate the idea of putting more and more cables around your body. As if we are not able to live life in a more natural way. That is the reason why I threw away my in ears.

Honestly music can be used greatly as a way to practice meditating, There are similarities. It is simply the best of the worse if you will

No way. Music is life.

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."

-Plato