Nichts

Spending $3000 on a Pick-Up Boot Camp - Good Idea?

21 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm about to make a decision about a big sum of money and could really use some second opinions. So, I've found this 3- day Daygame/Pick up boot camp in a city near me which starts a few months from now. I'm very excited about it and would very much like to go there. The thing that got me thinking though, is the fact that it costs $3000. Right now, I am 19 years old and studying. I have a decent amount of savings (the price for the boot camp is about 15% of my savings), so I could pay for the boot camp if I wanted to. It still is a hell lot of money and I don't know if it is worth it.

And yet, I can think of a lot of reasons for why attending the boot camp might be a very good idea:

• I just really want to make progress in that area of my life. Flirting and also social skills in general have always been a weak spot for me and I would really like to fix that. 
  • I know that I can also make progress in dating through others means than the boot camp but I am scared that this might take a long time and that I'll be bothered with doing pick-up for the next few years with only slowly making progress. For example, my new year's resolution for this year was to get better with girls and do lots of cold approaches. And in the end, I ended up doing only around 20 (!) approaches during the entire year til now. It's really frustrating to not live up to my expectations and I am scared of having a few more years like this one, where I tell myself that I will make progress, but in the end, I barely do.
  • I'd like to get this area of my life handled as quickly as possible so I can move on to more meaningful things like life purpose, committed relationships, or spirituality. I'm actually already becoming sick of that pick-up stuff, and at the same time, I think that this is a phase that you have to go through in order to go further. Right now, even though I would like to be in a serious relationship, I imagine that I'm not ready for that yet. I think that I first need to date a decent amount of girls to get to know myself better, see what kinds of girls I like, what's important to me in a relationship, and to get more comfortable with my own sexuality.
  • I think that the earlier I get this area of my life handled, the more benefits I will get in the long term. Almost like a compound effect. My life purpose involves, among other things, Nonviolent Communication (NVC). This will most likely be my domain of mastery. And one of the best ways to practice NVC is by being in a relationship. So, I imagine it to be like this: The earlier I get into a committed relationship, the earlier I'll be mastering NVC, therefore the earlier I can actualize my life purpose.

It's still a LOT of money :D

Do any of you guys have experience with dating boot camps? Would you say it was worth it for you?

I've also considered doing an only course instead but I'm worried that I might just not take enough action if I don't have somebody in person pushing me. Also, on a boot camp, you get feed-back from your coaches which I think can save you a lot of time and effort. What's your experience with online courses? (How much) Did you benefit from them?

I’ve done a shorter PD online course, however not related to pick up.

I found It useful, however I was given an opportunity to beta test it and therefor access it for free.

3k is a bit much, an advantage of the price is that you’ll really take what you hear/feed back seriously.

Best of luck either way.

Edited by Spiral

That's huge.. Lot lol.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Really? 3000$? It's not rocket science to talk with females.

No. No. Just No.

Seriously mate, that's actually a lot of money for what is most likely a scam. 

With that much money lying around, (maybe not by US standards, but by world standards, that's a lot) there are so many things you can do which are far better than some scammy pick-up boot camp. For one, you can use that money to travel. There are actually plenty of countries in the world (most of them in fact) where a young US male would have no problem meeting plenty of girls, more than he could handle actually. I know several places, where you'd need a stick to beat them away. I'm not even joking.

Do not do it imo. Not worth the money. 

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

@Nichts

Okay, jokes aside.

I'd like to emphasise on three points here: 1) I think $3000 is way way too much for something like that. 2) Three days will never be enough or anywhere near it of practice. 3) Whatever they teach in that boot camp will never be as real as the real "hunt".

So, as for the money, I think you can use it in a lot of more beneficial ways, I personally would spend it on high-quality books, seminars, courses, etc... I don't think it's a wise decision to spend it all on one specific field, no matter how tempting it might seem.

And as for the boot camp, I don't think it will be able to teach you the real game, especially since it's only 3-days-long. That's way too shy of a duration for such amount of money. Besides, I would introspect my motives behind that temptation. I mean, after all, it might be a justification stemming from fear of going out by yourself and try to approach on your own (whether alongside a wingman or not). Really, contemplate why you seem to favour spending all that money on such thing, why not simply just go out, try and fail, like everyone else, until you succeed.

I don't have the links, but I've recently overheard about some research from a friend, which mainly talks about the gap between academic teachings and the application. This phenomenon turned out to be quite relevant even in world class universities, like Cambridge and Oxford. So, don't expect the boot camp to be any different.

In the end it all boils down to you, are you willing to put your ego aside and approach girls? That's the key to approaching.

Take care of the looks, work on your confidence, self-esteem, emotional intelligence, humour, and so on (I don't know about you, but I assume the common theme for guys of being terrible at those things).

One last point, working on other areas of personal development. They all overlap in the end and create a better person out of you.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Lento

A) You can certainly find cheaper trainings.

B) You'd get a lot more value out of simply connecting with a few experienced wingmen in your city who can show you the ropes for free.

Bootcamps can be a good way to get yourself in the game but the chief problem is that they are too short. Your results will not come from the bootcamp but from the daily follow-up work you do. The follow-up work is the most important part. Because every weekend needs to become your personal bootcamp.

Don't underestimate the importance of having just 1 or 2 experienced wingmen to go out with every weekend. This is HUGE! It's worth much more than a bootcamp in terms of results.

But if you got the money to burn, a bootcamp can be a good way to jumpstart this whole process.

I did a bootcamp for $2000, but I got a lot more value from finding great wingmen. I also had lots of money to burn, so $2000 was not a big deal to spend.

You can find wingmen via online forums or by attending an RSD FreeTour in your city. Befriend everyone at the FreeTour. Get their phone numbers and start going out with them every night.

All that a bootcamp really is, is some dude telling you to approach girls and forcing you to do it all night long. If you can discipline yourself to approach all night long, you don't really need a bootcamp. But of course this discipline is really hard for newbies, so you may need it.

If we were doing a bootcamp, we would just walk into a club and I would point out random girls and force you to approach them. After you fail, I would just tell you to immediately approach the next girl. We would do this 20-50 times over 3-4 hours.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Check out this guy called Mike Mehlman, he’s a hardcore day gamer. He’s virtually unknown but basically the best resource I have ever comes across. He preaches 100% “deregulation” of your behaviour and his core philosophy is that rejections are what improve confidence. 

Given he’s pretty unknown he’s quite easy to contact/skype

http://mikemehlman.net/

44 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

Check out this guy called Mike Mehlman, he’s a hardcore day gamer. He’s virtually unknown but basically the best resource I have ever comes across. He preaches 100% “deregulation” of your behaviour and his core philosophy is that rejections are what improve confidence. 

Given he’s pretty unknown he’s quite easy to contact/skype

http://mikemehlman.net/

Oh, wow! Just the blog I was looking for. Thank you ?

@Lento Check out his Youtube channel too 

He's posted like 5 videos of non stop rejections. You know it's not fake infield lol

Edited by Joel3102

spend your time on YouTube instead of spending your money. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

4 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

@Lento Check out his Youtube channel too 

He's posted like 5 videos of non stop rejections. You know it's not fake infield lol

What the hell is up with this guys posture straighten up jeez

Thanks for all of you guys' answers. I decided against doing the bootcamp.

@Nichts Take initiative on your own first. Then if it doesnt work out  spend the 3k, they arent gonna teach you anything that you cant find online for free. They are gonna get you to do some cold approaches and you could do that on your own, think in terms of months not days, think if i approach 3 girls everyday for 10 months i will get real good at it. 

3 hours ago, Bridge to Infinity said:

think if i approach 3 girls everyday for 10 months i will get real good at it. 

That's only 1000 approaches. Not nearly enough to get good. After 1000 approaches you will still mostly suck, but maybe you'll have a few lucky hookups.

If you really want to get good you should be doing 20 approaches per night. And it will takes you 3-5 years.

Then again, getting really good isn't necessary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.