CreamCat

Unconditional happiness and letting go are the two most powerful techniques.

13 posts in this topic

They are the two most powerful techniques I've ever tried so far. As I watch more of Leo's videos, I will find even more powerful concepts.

Practicing unconditional happiness has the following benefits.

• Your discipline increases significantly.
  • Your satisfaction increases significantly.
  • Headache decreases a lot because I don't ruminate about failures.
  • Stoic awareness increases a lot. Stoic awareness increases your discipline.
  • You do not stress over failures or mediocre results, so you are happy to try even more with beginner's mindset. As a beginner, you go back to fundamentals over and over again without being bored.
  • Your will power increases significantly because your will power is proportionate to your happiness.
    Unconditional happiness means infinite will power.

If practice of letting go is combined with practice of unconditional happiness, it becomes much easier to combat distractions.

It turns out that I had screwed my performance by being unhappy about thousands of little things that don't go in desirable directions. If you are often unhappy, your will power reserve runs out quickly. Your discipline plummets. Happiness is an end by itself and a means to attain other ends.

Edited by CreamCat

powerful post, thanks

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

What if you let go of your desire to be disciplined and be happy just relaxing and having fun all day?

7 hours ago, universe said:

What if you let go of your desire to be disciplined and be happy just relaxing and having fun all day?

On the first day that I started practicing unconditional happiness, I played all day.

After relaxing for a day, I naturally wondered whether unconditional happiness can lead to more work. I take a rest when I want to. I work when I want to.

I can be disciplined without a desire to be disciplined. I can relax without guilt. That's cool.

When you stop clinging to things neurotically, caution and consciousness take over.

Edited by CreamCat

6 hours ago, Stenne said:

@CreamCat and how do you practice uncondutianal happiness?

Watch the video. You will know how to do it.

@Stenne It's the first video above. You're not happy because you don't want to be. I'm going to try this too, i've been looking hard for happiness recently, Let's see if it works!

@CreamCat So i just watched the video, and Leo doesn't really explain how to go through and dissect the beliefs that are preventing us from being happy. Can you explain what you did, and how you dealt with your self limiting beliefs?

9 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@CreamCat So i just watched the video, and Leo doesn't really explain how to go through and dissect the beliefs that are preventing us from being happy. Can you explain what you did, and how you dealt with your self limiting beliefs?

You don't have to dissect beliefs. You don't have to touch beliefs. Just try to be happy in the current moment regardless of what happens to you. Try to be happy regardless of what you believe. Focus on being happy even when you are angry. You can be happy when you are angry. Be happy when you are mediocre or after you failed. Be happy while you procrastinate. Be happy when a creepy person makes creepy noises.

You will discover that you are actually creating your negative emotions because you "want" to enforce rules with regard to when you are allowed to be happy. Break the rules about when you are allowed to be happy. You actually want to be unhappy when you fail or when you are mediocre. You think being happy when you fail will make you a useless person because you would then have no motivation to pursue success. If you allow yourself to be happy when you fail, your current motivations will fall apart, but you will naturally find higher forms of motivations. You think unconditional happiness will ruin your motivations to avoid failure and succeed, but it will upgrade your motivations over time. To upgrade your motivations, you have to let go of your current motivations and conditional happiness. This is all said in the video.

Leo actually gave you an instruction. He said things like

Try to find magic in the current situation regardless of what it is. Just being conscious is miraculous.

Even when your children are being raped, you can be happy. Physically, being angry at the rapists doesn't change the situation. You can still do the right thing while being happy.

To drill the lesson in your mind, watch the video again later.

Edited by CreamCat

20 hours ago, CreamCat said:

I can be disciplined without a desire to be disciplined. I can relax without guilt. That's cool.

When you stop clinging to things neurotically, caution and consciousness take over.

Good, this is called Wu Wei, or effortless action.

Your spirituality is skin deep if it is forced, premeditated, or mechanical. The key is to make it a seamless activity of your whole life, your natural way of being.

Spontaneous action from a place of surrender and presence is the goal of all our work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@CreamCat I agree with the letting go part but not necessarily the unconditional happiness. I think you could be setting yourself up for failure, particularly if you have mental health problems. In my experience and through other teachings it is about letting go of your attachment to whether something is good or bad. It just is. That way you will naturally feel happier, perhaps more fulfilled. Happiness like any feeling is temporary, however fulfillment is a state you can reach more permanently. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Surfingthewave I'm not perfect at letting go and being happy. Happiness is more than a feeling. You can be happy when you are angry or frustrated. You can feel pain while being happy. Happiness and letting go are interconnected.

I also discovered that it sometimes helps to let go of happiness. Sometimes, I have to admit that clinging to happiness backfires. Sometimes, I allow myself to be unhappy and uncomfortable. Counter-intuitively, letting go of happiness improves my life.

Sometimes, I let go of letting go because letting go doesn't always work. This work requires careful balancing so that I don't develop ideology around concepts. Letting go of concepts at the right times makes me more functional.

Spiritual ideology is a common trap that actualized.org users can fall into. Concepts that leo's videos teach can backfire if you apply them ideologically or dogmatically. For example, you can easily misuse or abuse unconditional happiness in dysfunctional ways. One of the dysfunctional ways to utilize unconditional happiness is to avoid emotional labor and justify being lazy and financially poor.

To be honest, if I'm very poor, I probably will forget about personal development and be distracted by things I have to do to survive. You need to have realistic expectations about yourself. I don't want to make it hard to do personal development by not pursuing money and success. I'd like to have personal development and success complement each other.

Edited by CreamCat