jj40

If I don't control my thoughts how can I take full responsibility for my life?

56 posts in this topic

You're not in control of your life.

did I fucking choose to be on this forum spilling my shit ?

absolutely not.

but then I m thinking, I should meditate work on others things, because I m in control of what I do ( but where does this idea come from )

but when I'll choose to do it, did I choose to do it ? where does come my choice to act upon X or Y ? Why a belief that I should be doing X or Y.

Can we trust our belief, at each time, for which context ?

or did the world choose to change my sense for whatever unconscious reasons.

for me the biggest realisation is that everyone is a pnj believing he is a player.

even the player have been made by the game to looks like player.

You didn't choose the pack of experience and knowledge you gathered so far.

You didn't choose to wake up, you asked too much questions because the game itself is a mindfuck.

when start the moment you own yourself ? never, but when does start the time where I feel in control ? when I m not stuck in ego.

You can only be aware that it is all a movie running the show with you.

the real "let go" should be on the entirety of your beliefs, thoughts, mind, paradigm, experiences.

when you ultimately become aware that you're nothing, and you choose nothing. You live up the movie outside your head, but in the meantime, what's in your head is part of the game, ultimately, it's all a screen.

when you look a movie, do you try to change the end while you're watching it ?

why do we keep doing it for real life ? non sense.

did you choose to reach the moment where you start to choose things ?

why did you reach this moment ?

I m not saying accept what others told you, nor your society, nor a god, nor a guru.

I m saying if you feel like you have to beat others, do it.

if you feel you have to love, do it.

if you think you have to think do it.

if you don't give a fuck about thinking do it

if you don't want to do it, don't do it

Edited by Aeris

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Nemo28

How do I know ‘my direct awareness’ is not just another thought?”

Are you aware of that thought, or not?

Maybe everything is thought and there is nothing else”.

Maybe the awareness as something distinct doesn’t exist, since it’s just a thought”

Okay yes there is distinction between thinking and viewing the thinking as separate thing (awareness) or not separate just something that happens within awareness. But what's the point of awareness it doesn't do anything, just witnessing? 

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

8 hours ago, Aeris said:

You're not in control of your life.

did I fucking choose to be on this forum spilling my shit ?

absolutely not.

but then I m thinking, I should meditate work on others things, because I m in control of what I do ( but where does this idea come from )

but when I'll choose to do it, did I choose to do it ? where does come my choice to act upon X or Y ? Why a belief that I should be doing X or Y.

Can we trust our belief, at each time, for which context ?

or did the world choose to change my sense for whatever unconscious reasons.

for me the biggest realisation is that everyone is a pnj believing he is a player.

even the player have been made by the game to looks like player.

You didn't choose the pack of experience and knowledge you gathered so far.

You didn't choose to wake up, you asked too much questions because the game itself is a mindfuck.

when start the moment you own yourself ? never, but when does start the time where I feel in control ? when I m not stuck in ego.

You can only be aware that it is all a movie running the show with you.

the real "let go" should be on the entirety of your beliefs, thoughts, mind, paradigm, experiences.

when you ultimately become aware that you're nothing, and you choose nothing. You live up the movie outside your head, but in the meantime, what's in your head is part of the game, ultimately, it's all a screen.

when you look a movie, do you try to change the end while you're watching it ?

why do we keep doing it for real life ? non sense.

did you choose to reach the moment where you start to choose things ?

why did you reach this moment ?

I m not saying accept what others told you, nor your society, nor a god, nor a guru.

I m saying if you feel like you have to beat others, do it.

if you feel you have to love, do it.

if you think you have to think do it.

if you don't give a fuck about thinking do it

if you don't want to do it, don't do it

It's actually quite simple. 

Every moment, every second, you are actually making a decision, 

using your given free will. Intention. 

You don't control what comes at you, but you are given free will to choose. Second by second. Your only freedom is in intention. Either to allow it or to refuse it. It's up to you. Action comes next. 

This does not applies to "others" . It is  relative to only "you". 

But imagine others to have to apply the same rules too.  For others is a "you" from their perspective. 

On 13/11/2019 at 1:26 AM, Angelite said:

Your thoughts came from your external inputs. So be mindful of where you let yourself go or see or listen to. 

Simply and accurately put ? ???

Edited by Lento

@Nahm There is no YOU in direct experience. But so what? There is no me in direct experience, and there is only the world. But what does this change right now!

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Nemo28

If there is no separation between you & thoughts, you & sensation, you & perception - if there is no separation - then how many are you? 

Yes, no separation, direct experiencing by the awareness. How many? Just one.. 

11 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

There is no YOU in direct experience. But so what? There is no me in direct experience, and there is only the world. But what does this change right now!

Nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 11/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, jj40 said:

But if I am not in control of my thoughts at all and these thoughts essentially shape the kind of life I create then how can I take full responsibility for my life?

Let go of the condition ‘you must control your thoughts’, and just write down what you actually want in this life. You could say this is taking responsibility for your own happiness and well being. It could also be said that as you are simply positioned to choose a better feeling thought, there isn’t any actual “taking responsibility” to be found. Some people spend lifetimes on thoughts about thoughts. Some just pick one, now. 

Set intention.

Choose thoughts aligned with intention, thoughts that feel good.

Watch what you are wanting unfold right in front of you, “inexplicably”. 

Resistant thought arises: slow down, acknowledge the feeling of discord.

”What’s a better feeling way to look at this?” Thought arises. 

17 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Nemo28

If there is no separation between you & thoughts, you & sensation, you & perception - if there is no separation - then how many are you? 

One?  This One, actual One? But What about interpretator. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

seems the interpretator is fiction

Edited by Nemo28

@Aeris Love the way you've put it. 

You too @Nahm  I've hand-written that one down. I want it to sink in deep

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Resistant thought arises: slow down, acknowledge the feeling of discord.

”What’s a better feeling way to look at this?” Thought arises. 

I had the realization of One some years ago. I was in another world for a while. Then life happened again and I kinda forgot it for a while - not the rational part but the deep knowledge. I came back to Spain and looked through some old notebooks (I sketch and write when inspiration hits) and I've written beautiful insights, they actually reminded me of Leo's words. 

But that deep knowledge is different now. I can be in it if I focus on it. But it is always with a nostalgic feeling. I walk the streets of any city and feel sad at the sight of homeless people in the cold, begging near a hippie bar. 

And I can't help but wonder. Who am I to say being bad is bad? And we do say it. We just do it nicely. 'It's not bad. It's Ego. Unconscious behavior.  Just blame it on the Ego.'  Well, if everything is one and this one is choosing to manifest predominantly  unconsciousness, then who are we to dispute it? 

I sometimes feel we are going against the wind, and I wonder if it's the right way to go... silly, huh? any way which is, is the right way

fuck this is a lot to take in... complete mind fuck for me guys.

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Set intention.

Choose thoughts aligned with intention, thoughts that feel good.

How do I know what my intention is? Does one not think of his/her intention and then act upon that?

I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but to me right now it does and I want to live a extraordinary passionate life I don't want to be a zombie like I see most people as. But surely creating this life is based on making a decision having a thought and acting upon a thought is it not? But all these aren't my decisions I'm very confused. Why is there Einsteins and great people who make huge contributions and live out amazing lives but also people who do nothing sit on the couch and eat cheetos till they die? What made one person and the other if there is no control over nothing? 

3 hours ago, jj40 said:

fuck this is a lot to take in... complete mind fuck for me guys.

?? Awesome

How do I know what my intention is?

From all the life you’ve lived so far. Write down all of what you know you don’t want...and you’ll therefore realize what you do want. Write all that wanted down. Intend to create your life from here on out, and always be willing to choose a better feeling thought. There’s no limit on better feeling. 

Does one not think of his/her intention and then act upon that?

Write down what you want, and focus on the feeling of having it, experiencing it. Keep it in mind daily, and let any resistant-to-it thoughts go. The connection, the feeling & intuition, become so strong, life ‘becomes’ effortless. Thought is no longer a voluntary action if you will, but effortless arrivals, creation. 

I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but to me right now it does and I want to live a extraordinary passionate life I don't want to be a zombie like I see most people as.

But surely creating this life is based on making a decision having a thought and acting upon a thought is it not? But all these aren't my decisions I'm very confused.

That’s your hand, but you are not a body, or a human. Those are your decisions, but you are not a finite mind.  You’re ‘connecting’ with infinite consciousness. I think you’re wanting certainty, in an uncertain world. The certainty is found within, in feeling, rather than by sight, sound, or thinking. “I’ll believe it when I see it” = suffering, because love is all things.  It’s safe to let go of 80% of thinking.

Why is there Einsteins and great people who make huge contributions and live out amazing lives but also people who do nothing sit on the couch and eat cheetos till they die?

If you were talking about a panting, what would your answer be? 

What is seen, heard, and known about another, indicates, but does not reveal, the quality of their experience. 

What made one person and the other if there is no control over nothing? 

God. Control is a creation along with people. It would probably serve you, for a while, to let things like control, free will, ‘taking action’, etc, to just be grey, rather than expect black or white. No matter what you do it’s always now, and feeling good is feeling good. Everything else, including thinking, is very secondary. Feeling is the connection with the source - the source of the thoughts. 

@jj40 You think a lot. 

Meditate more. Surrender. Let go. 

Take advice from the lovely people on this forum. 

Life is too short ? and sometimes there are no answers, just questions. 

@jj40 No, you're not responsible for your thoughts. Thoughts just happen. But while you think you're a separate self you can actually take responsibility by noticing when you're not present, and then allowing whatever identification that had happened dissipate by itself.

Not taking "responsibility" as an ego would look something like blaming others for your reactions. People who blame others don't even know they have the power to disidentify, they like to get deeper into the delusion 

Edited by Nickyy