PenguinPablo

Overwhelmed by life.

12 posts in this topic

Societally speaking, I always feel like I'm behind. Society moves too fucking quickly for me. In order for me to be grounded, I need to slow down about 90%. If I try to move at societies pace, my energy becomes frenetic and I become full of cortisol and bitter. I need more time than this to process my energy, to process my emotions.  I'm not sure if this has to do with CPTSD or whatever but people have told me that I am an "empath" and "energy sensitive". I'm tired of having to move at an overclocked pace in order to keep up with society at the expense of my true self. I got one more semester I tell myself over and over. But then it'll be the next thing and I'll never come off this damned conveyor belt.

Any advice. Few weeks left

I also feel often overwhelmed. For me it's because of all my existential uncertainties and pressuring me to make the best out of live. I try to understand everything and consider all possibilities, but there is just to much to grasp it all.

Minimizing your lifestyle could help you. 

Contemplating what exact thoughts and emotions are stressing  you, is important I think. 

Are you comparing yourself a lot with others? Because that can lead to a lot of stress. 

Structuring your life just tiny bit more. Take one day a week, where you are not ought to do anything. Where you don't think about progressing. A day where you can do whatever you want, where you have nothing to do for a whole day. That is nice I find. 

Initially this will sound semantical, but it is not. “I always feel like I’m behind”. Notice the feeling is “not good”, because thought implies “I am behind”. The feeling, is right, correct, accurate, never wrong. It feels bad when you choose that thought, because it isn’t true. Feeling tells you - “That’s not true! You’re perfectly fine right now as you are!”. 

Then this is expanded to the world, or big picture view. Feeling is saying “it wasn’t true about you, and it isn’t true about you still!”. But in believing the thought, one believes one is “right”, that the thought is the accurate view. It’s not. There is literally no such thing as a true thought, and there is no such thing as a wrong feeling. 

The underlying belief, is judgement. By comparing yourself to an abstraction - a made up thought about the world - you actually judge yourself, with abstraction, with something you yourself are making up. The way you’re going to feel better, is by listening to the feeling, and letting the thought go. 

I am not a dr, and am not giving medical advice. My suggestion is, before you go down the labeling road of CPTSD, or the identification road of empath, consider the following...

There’s literally nothing at all wrong with you. You are simply ignoring your own feelings, your own guidance. Take that time you are intuitively wanting, listen to the feelings and intuition - and meditate every morning, and again in the afternoon. Imo, you are not “having to move at an over locked pace in order to keep up with society at the expense of your true self” - you are simply not listening to your true self. You’re not giving it the time it’s asking for, to clean out some emotions.

“Society” is neither fast nor slow. One is a wall street million words a minute tradesmen, and one is a librarian moving like a snail, spending their days in silence and peace. “Society” is a thought, of yours - not an actuality which you are comparing yourself to. 

You are “energy sensitive” indeed, it’s a gift. Listen to it. Give it the time you deeply know it is asking for. What is moving at an “over locked pace”, is your mind. It is fueled by suppressing, not listening to, the feelings. 

You are wise to deduce that “it will be the next thing”. Very true. Take the time for yourself, first, every morning. Put how you feel first, everyday. Everything begins to change. Your unique gifts are not only realized, but are powerful beyond what you have yet imagined or considered. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@PenguinPablo You don't need to accelerate due to society. In fact, if you embrace your slower rhythm and carry it out with you, people will face you as a company that brings peace to them.

People just give in to the high speed too easily, but it is actually quite toxic for everyone.

unborn Truth

20 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@PenguinPablo You don't need to accelerate due to society. In fact, if you embrace your slower rhythm and carry it out with you, people will face you as a company that brings peace to them.

People just give in to the high speed too easily, but it is actually quite toxic for everyone.

thanks man. this is the real answer, or rather reminder I needed

On 05/11/2019 at 8:02 PM, PenguinPablo said:

people have told me that I am an "empath" and "energy sensitive". 

This is a delusion:D

Not trying to be funny here, just saying that it's an interpretation rather than real. 

When you're fully present in the now you are not sensitive to anything.  That's why it's called liberation. All there is is pure energy running through your body. Your mind is clear and nothing pulls you down.

What you think is pulling you down and lifting  you up is external situations and people , right?

Wrong

It's identification with your mind that is making it seem as if externals can impact you in any way. 

Edited by Nickyy

Spend more time in nature and observe and learn to live one with its flow. It will never lead you astray.

B R E A T H E

10 hours ago, pluto said:

Spend more time in nature and observe and learn to live one with its flow. It will never lead you astray.

yes, that's what im used to doing but since "i have less time" i stopped doing it as much. will continue to again (:

@PenguinPablo Sounds like you might need a solo retreat. Disconnect and ground yourself. Get back to the source of what you truly are. If you don't know what that is, then there's the answer. 

@PenguinPablo Sorry, no advice. But you are not alone. At least one other person is overwhelmed by life.

Frequent feedback, that my work is inadequate, is paralyzing me. I spend hours on what should take minutes. I try to catch up on my inadequate work by skipping nights. I also miss sleep because I am anxious. Crying makes me feel better. I also tell myself affirming narratives like, 'I am safe right now,' and 'It's going to be okay.'  

Edited by RobertZ