Shroomdoctor

My Life is at Rock Bottom

29 posts in this topic

Is it possible that all this melancholy has basis in your basic biochemistry going wrong? You may have some serious hormonal / neurotransmitter imbalances that take away your enthusiasm and motivation for life. Just some of the examples are low testosterone, low serotonin, low dopamine, lack of calories, lack of carbohydrates, high cortisol, slow methylation, low thyroid function, low iron, IBS, gut inflammation, dysbiosis, lacking B-vitamins, magnesium, zinc, folate...etc... Not saying this is definitely it, just a possibility. 

I wouldn't know where to start without speaking to you for 2 hours about the entire health history but there are functional doctors who can help you pinpoint what is going on. Perhaps you could consider setting up a call with one. 

But all of this may come down to completely other things such as chakras being blocked or energetic circulation stagnating, lack of purpose and vision for one's life and so on..

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

You gotta feel how you feel. Maybe that sounds boring or same old, but it's the truth. You cannot start anywhere but from where you are, don't feel shame or bad about that, it just is. Work your way up slowly and invest time in the subjects of life that you are actually interested in. Eventually they will start paying dividents and give you tiny boosts of excitement here and there which eventually turns into your whole life gaining positive momentum

What do you want to do? Start with that, and honor that.

Love you man, wish you the best. If you ever want to reach out, feel free to do so.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

this may sound overly simplistic but have you considered taking a hiatus from digital media? You mentioned this is what you're doing all day. Could it be that you are overloading your mind with too much information and ideas from other human beings? 

Maybe take a week and refrain from all digital media. Refrain from composing music while your at it. Try journaling your thoughts to keep yourself occupied. 

I'm a chronic overthinker myself. If you look really at it, there is no such thing as a perfect way to do things. I'm not sure why we seem to have that idea. When I'm most happy and productive is when I lose my self (the self)  in the work. When you are constantly thinking, that's not possible. I recently noticed the figure ground reversal that thought serves intention, not the other way around. It is the doing that gives you satisfaction.

Too many chefs, there is nothing to eat. xD

On 10/27/2019 at 7:30 AM, Shroomdoctor said:

@Dan502 Was in a psychic hospital and all that jazz. ;)

@Leo GuraYeah I am basically a master procrastinator. I even procrastinate through learning more theory, as if that would change anything, 

So the answer on to how to learn to do emotional labor and hard work is doing emotional labor and hard work? Shit I had hoped it would be chaos magic :(:D 

Well one more try I guess. Less planning, more doing.

Before you go to bed write down things you will do the next day and begin with only a few things that are easily accomplished in three hours.  When wake up from sleeping,  immediately do three hours of things you should be doing, short term practical goals.  and things that take effort and may be uncomfortable at times.  Pick the most unpleasant thing to do first, a normal chore or the like , (not anything mystical or philosophical)  something a little or somewhat unpleasant but not extremely difficult
If you do this when you wake up you will be on the right track.
But If you do it later and first look at the internet and text messages or any other activity you will fail.   When you start doing this action every day it will build emotionally stability.    It does not work in the reverse
Yes, as you said less planning more doing.   Do the planning in writing the previous night. It should be short and ordinary. 
From this point you can slowly grow and the emotional stability will follow.

On 29/10/2019 at 4:21 PM, Shroomdoctor said:

@Javfly33 Could you elaborate on how exactly fasting benefits you?

Basically fasting numbs most of the emotional distress you might be going through which in most cases is the worst thing you could have to be productive or get stuff done.

I usually do from Monday to Friday one meal a day. (+ Some exercising in the morning, which seems to accelerate fasting mental benefits through the day once the hours pass).

And Saturday and Sunday I let myself go a little bit and try to eat more in case I ate below my normal calorie intake during the workweek.

In this kind of fast you don't have to be concerned about electrolites and that shit as long as you have a good diet. But if sometimes you feel a little down in energy , be sure to drink water with a little salt (don't go over 3gr of salt).

24hour fasts are not going to be spiritual nor particularly cleansing but sure as hell will make you more productive and get stuff done. Well, at least in my case it does. Try it for yourself and see how it goes for ya.

@Javfly33 Im gonna try it some time! 

Right now I started with a simple morning routine: Wake up at the same time, End the Shower with Cold Water and at least 10 minutes of meditation. 
Also I restarted excercising every day. I committed to NoFap again, because that's my most toxic habit. And I put the day in 3 4 hour chunks and in any of those chunks I try to do one good thing for myself which I plan at the beginning of it. 

So thats my starting point. Im gonna try to hold that up and increase the good things if things go well.

@Shroomdoctor: I have been in your situation, jobless and feeling useless. Since you asked for tips, following helped me: 

-Try to get at least 7-9 hours sleep. It is hard to see things clearly when you sleepdeprivated. 

-Why do you think you need to wake up at 5 am. Why not actually sleep until 7-9 am if you then have gotten enough sleep? 

- Do you feel you would have energy to go out for walk/gym/swimming at least 3-5 times a week? Walking helped me to clear my head.

- If you can, eat versatively and enough. Good nutrition & full stomach helps you to see things in perspective.

-Do you have someone to talk with? You are undergoing a minor life-change and a change to talk with a trusted friend/counselor/priest/family member might be useful. Remember that being without a job is something that a majority of people goes through during their life, so people do understand the feelings and stresses these circumstances cause. 

-Now would be a good time to think about studying something new: are you interested in music, learn to program or learning a new language. My brain at least needs something to work with daily or I start to have anxiety/depression issues

Overall losing my job was a big blow to me but in the end it lead me here ?. I am currently studying for new kind of career and in hindsight this was probably something I needed to go through to grow as a human being. Still it wasn’t fun but you will get through it. If live really is like a live simulator, this all is meant for you to grow with experience. Nothing lasts forever and there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

@Shroomdoctor the place it's coming from may be the issue. You may need to do trauma healing as that will make your motivations more conscious and fulfilling 

Have you tried meditation retreats? Maybe even at home shorter ones 

Edited by d0ornokey