arlin

Are you guys happy?

75 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2019 at 7:33 AM, Truth Addict said:

Perhaps it's something you would do, Mr. ego.

No actually my comment came from psychology and how we usually Express opposites from truth. For instance "I love everybody I can find the way to love I can show you how to get there"

What that  gurus mindset truly is is

"I don't have love I can't really find love hopefully I can YouTube to find love"

And this is just an example I'm not pointing to anybody specifically just merely giving an example on how the human mind works.

And remember the ego is you it's not a separate thing if you actually killed your ego you would have less personality than a house cat and you wouldn't be what we call human

@arlin Thanks man, good luck. I'm also a noob with personal development, but i've experienced some awesome stuff with affirmations and faking it until you make it, so i know this shit can actually work. Good luck my man, i hope you find what you're looking for.

I honor the place in you in which the entire universe resides. I honor the love, light, beauty and wisdom within you as it is also within me. In this prayer we are united as one, we are the same, we are One. Namaste <3

You have My Unconditional Love!

?
❤️

B R E A T H E

On 01. 10. 2019. at 3:56 PM, ivory said:

The idea that one can be happy with nothing is a fallacy.

I suppose you haven't met Ramana Maharshi :D 

Originally I got into this work as I wasn’t happy, I’d dabbled with SA before but never spirituality. 

Enlightenment is a very destructive process, it will destroy the false in your life internally and externally and this can look different for different people. 

People hear that and think why bother, but life only truly begins at full self realisation when you are then truly free to be yourself and live the life YOU want to, not what everyone else wants for you. 

Now, I am incredibly happy, there is just this background of peace and contentment that comes from knowing I am the self, and so are you. 

It wasn’t easy to get here though, but I can tell you the work is 2847472927% worth it.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I'm extremely unhappy. probably -1000 if using a scale from 0 to 10. Depressed almost all the time throughout the day, always suffering constantly. Definitely 1000x more unhappy than the people on here, and 100x more unhappy than ordinary people. 

And yet this is a blessing in disguise, because it gives me 1000x more opportunity to deeply study what depression, sadness, fear, misery actually is metaphysically, what it feels like, where it comes from, where it resides, how it works, and most importantly how it fits in with the bigger picture of the world, what its function is.

I am deeply deeply deeply miserable, and yet I have no desire to get rid of it. Let it come, I'll accept it as one of my brothers or sisters. Yes from the surface depression and sadness looks evil, dark, disgusting, something to avoid, but in the end that's all a fake illusion, there's nothing wrong with depression its just a feeling like any other. Just like how black people aren't actually scary. 

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam I'm glad you're accepting your feelings, but this post has an energy of a cry for help about it. 

While it's great to accept your feelings, it's really worrying that you're taking being depressed as the norm, I can say with my whole heart that being in peace and happiness is 1000x better than depression, I've been there when I first got into this work and honestly it's horrible. 

With these serious emotional problems you might want to look into some of Leo's foundational stuff such as your Nutrition, Exercise, Career, Relationships etc, as often just realigning your lifestyle can have a huge impact on lifting your depression. 

If you ever want to talk please please please message me, any questions or just wanting to vent how you feel, I would hate to think you feel all alone and that you're destined for depression forever, it really doesn't have to be that way man. 

All the best! <3 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I'm pretty happy most of the time at this point. I'm overcoming my personal problems way easier now. I'm smoother in social interactions, I create deeper connections. I'm more caring and loving towards myself and I can think really practically when I want to. Victim mentality is almost gone completely and when it arrives back I usually drop it in matter of seconds. Existential questions haven't arose for a while now.. 

12 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I'm extremely unhappy. probably -1000 if using a scale from 0 to 10. Depressed almost all the time throughout the day, always suffering constantly. Definitely 1000x more unhappy than the people on here, and 100x more unhappy than ordinary people. 

And yet this is a blessing in disguise, because it gives me 1000x more opportunity to deeply study what depression, sadness, fear, misery actually is metaphysically, what it feels like, where it comes from, where it resides, how it works, and most importantly how it fits in with the bigger picture of the world, what its function is.

I am deeply deeply deeply miserable, and yet I have no desire to get rid of it. Let it come, I'll accept it as one of my brothers or sisters. Yes from the surface depression and sadness looks evil, dark, disgusting, something to avoid, but in the end that's all a fake illusion, there's nothing wrong with depression its just a feeling like any other. Just like how black people aren't actually scary. 

What you have done is numbed yourself. Your topics are mostly philosophical discourse rather than plan of action.  That is a way of numbing.
Staying in the intellectual realm and neglecting to do basic things because it's easier
You can get out of it but in a step by stop process where you uncover your pain, little by little and take countermeasures to transform it into positive action. 
The way do get out of depression is to but your mind aside and start doing simple progressive "dumb" things to improve your life.
this requires faith and faith takes routine practice.
I challenge you to practice one 5 minute repeated affirmation about taking a very small positive action in your life and then do it.
If you stick to this it will build and that 1000 will begin to go down by 100 each week and then start going in the opposite direction.
Getting out of depression is doing what you say your will do and replacing negative affirmations with positive affirmations. And this should be start with very small steps that will be small enough for you subconscious to accept.  gradually these step will become bigger and you won't have to use your numbing.   It takes a plan