Surfingthewave

Seeking is a distraction

36 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Shaun said:

How about we all stop brainwashing each other with unfalsifiable word salads and just go and enjoy our lives and love each other like the beautiful individuals we are?

Just now, Nahm said:

@Shaun I know, right.  

Sorry but I am Just dead. ????

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

How about we all stop brainwashing each other with unfalsifiable word salads and just go and enjoy our lives and love each other like the beautiful individuals we are?

Tell the sufferers.

Seeking to understand the process is fine... it's when you believe you have found the answer in some external form that is the problem.

The reason why all the great Masters have said go within.....is because it quite literally is a falling away process of your false self, and the realization of your true self which is actually nothing. When you strip away all the onion layers and labels you have allowed yourself to believe you will realize the nothingness which is left over.

Here is something I found describing what I'm describing:

Enlightenment is devastatingly simple....Enlightenment is what we are. There is nothing to gain, only its recognition....Awakening to enlightenment is a journey from here to here, not from here to there. There is nowhere to go and nothing to be attained. Enlightenment is simply an awakening to what has always been the case. There is only the seeing through of our own ignorance.

--Gary Crowley

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Meditation and emptying my glass was also very helpful for me.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

That's what seeking means seek within...the thing is we all know that but our ego like to distract us from actually doing the self enquiry and instead get engaged in spiritual debates...Buddha always warned his disciples not to waste time on debating about the truth ...truth is not something to be talk about ...ok enough talking about truth for now ..let's just seek the truth within ..peace ❤

@VeganAwake  @Alex bliss The problem is when you truly realise.... It's so subtle it's almost boring. Many would prefer to stick to debating, arguing and conceptualising rather than just quietly seeking within. That's what I mean about being aware that the seeking process itself can be distracting. Because it's conceptual. Practices however, that's the real deal, the real path to Truth, but as humans we can't help but talk about what we're doing. Except we can't because 99 per cent of people think we're crazy. 

Yes practices that quiet the mind will work the best. Here is a diagram that helped me realize my true self under the illusion.

You should make your own and notice each label you believe yourself to be is just an idea, a perspective a conditioned belief.

It is not who you really are. It is not the TRUTH...

Message_1562515961193.jpg

Edited by VeganAwake

@Surfingthewave That read like a poem, Love it.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:56 PM, Surfingthewave said:

Searching and seeking is away from what is. Seeking non dual awakenings is away from what is. Seeking Truth is away from what is. What is?

There's an interesting paradox here. How can anything be away from what is? Anything that is, IS. Searching and seeker are part of the "ISness'. Even though the seeker is under the illusion that there is a result that can be attained after a specific effort that is better than what they already have, they are still acting out what IS. How can anything in existence not BE.

Everything simply IS, but not everyone has an embodied relationship with this realisation. This is what spiritual practice can cultivate.

@Surfingthewave , yes, seeking is always about elsewhere and in the future.  The answers are here and now...there is no where else to look.  For years, my advice has been - cease doing...just be still and silent.  And seeking is a doing.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@eputkonen Yes, very Well said. 

But I Will add there is a path for full recognition/becoming of ISness itself. 

What is ISness What is Being really, actually. 

So practises are the way. 

There is a path. 

I always repeat that because You Will fall into common trap, oh I am already enlightened there is nothing to seek. Just Drop the seeking and that's it. No It's not. 

There is a very good reason to seek because You still don't know What THIS really is. 

My take fuck Neo Advaita It's crap. ?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity , I would disagree somewhat.  We can not practice to become what we already are.  We can only realize what we already are.  If we have realized what we already are, there is nothing left to practice...we're it.

Practicing for full recognition/becoming Isness is only for the ego...which means the ego has not yet been totally seen through and realizing what we really are hasn't happened yet.

We are already Isness/Being...but not enlightened yet unless this is deeply realized (and therefore no longer suffer - like fear, guilt, boredom, attachment, etc.).  If we are practicing to become or realize Isness/Being, enlightenment has not happened yet.  If we are practicing to integrate or stabilize some "realization" that we are Isness/Being, Isness/Being has not yet been realized and so enlightenment has not happened yet.   We already are Isness/Being...whether this is realized or not.  That realization is enlightenment.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@eputkonen Being is Pure Infinite Love. 

That is ISness and Can only be realized with practises. You still havent realized yourself /Being as such and everything That goes with IT and Trust me a loooot goes with it. Realization deepens with Meditation practise(which You Should keep for your entire life even If SELF Realized). 

Path is deep it is not to be thrown away. 

My take and I very Well know why I say this. 

@eputkonen

Heeeey! It's been a long while!

I just wanted to thank you for your comments on my questions probably two years ago. They were very helpful.

Also your videos are awesome! I've forgotten all about your channel. Gonna have to check it out.

(I used to have a different account/username).