capriciousduck

Infinity

14 posts in this topic

Guys, I really do not know what I might be labeled after I ask this question. In the Absolute Infinity video series, Leo tells that the universe is infinite and he also talked about a lot of stuff. But what I don't get is "Why is the universe infinite?"

I did get the sand and zip file analogy but what I didn't understand is why the size of the universe is considered infinite? 

I'm not asking about some scientific evidence, all is want to know is how does one come to a conclusion that the size of the universe is infinite.

Should I have to re-watch the video again? 

@capriciousduck By saying the Universe is finite, one says the Universe is limited and does not include something. Finite means there is something not within that which is finite. So to say the Universe is finite, something would need to exist outside the Universe. Yet that something is now part of the Universe. . . Another way to say it: There is nothing outside of Everything. Thus Everything is infinite.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@capriciousduck There is nothing outside of Everything. Thus Everything is infinite.

Why would you call this infinity? I would call it an inability to know beyond one's subjective experience.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Why would you call this infinity? I would call it an inability to know beyond one's subjective experience.

There is a direct experience of absolute infinity in which this is revealed.

Yes, at the human level we are limited and have inabilities.

From a logical perspective: by definition, finite is limited. To be finite, there must be something not part of that which is finite. Regardless whether or not one can imagine infinity, all things (imaginable and unimaginable) are infinity. Here, one needn’t need to be able to imagine all things because there are no longer any things. Everything = Nothing.

Reality has no beginning or end.

It has existed forever.

No matter how deeply you explore it, you will always be infinitely far away from reaching the end. No matter how far back in time you go, you will be infinitely far away from finding its beginning. Not because you are too limited as a human, but because a beginning and end simply do not exist.

God is endless consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

The universe has a beginning (Big Bang), and it's expanding, and it will die (probably heat death).

So.. the universe isn't the ultimate Reality. Not eternal and not infinite.

Consciousness is.

You do not know whether it was beginning or just continuation. :P

Recently, I visit talk by Penrose (colleague of Hawking) about cyclic universe.

https://physicsworld.com/a/new-evidence-for-cyclic-universe-claimed-by-roger-penrose-and-colleagues/

Don't forget, the distinction between beginning and end is a duality and must ultimately collapse.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't forget, the distinction between beginning and end is a duality and must ultimately collapse.

when I contemplated photons that did not travel distance and did not live even for a fractions of a second from their perspective helped me to realize collapse.:D

7 hours ago, capriciousduck said:

why the size of the universe is considered infinite? 

7 hours ago, capriciousduck said:

all is want to know is how does one come to a conclusion that the size of the universe is infinite.

@capriciousduck  This is an instance where one can truly say " Size doesn't matter".

@capriciousduck you really can't grasp Infinity from your finite vantage point.  You need a shift in consciousness - a mystical shift in which you become Infinite.  Then you will be conscious of it.  But not as you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

There is a direct experience of absolute infinity in which this is revealed.

What practices do you suggest? Aside from psychedelics.

Edited by Truth Addict