Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Should we Take Full Responsibility for our lives or just witness?

26 posts in this topic

This question  still bugs me alor. Are we in control of anything that happens in our lives?

We are god but does this mean to take responsibility or does  our higher self work in the background  and we as humans are only supposed to witness as everything unfolds?

Thank you, this is a Good sum up. Lets suppose though, you are someone getting into Trouble in your Life. 

Things don't go as you wish and slowly you lose your friends, become lazy and after awhile sick and end up homeless  and a drug addict (extreme case which nonetheless  exists)

So taking responsibility is an illusion and actually it is not your human fault you ended up homeless and a drug addict, it would have happened anyway nothing you could have done to avoid it and it was all consciousness "desire", path for this particular character to end up this way. 

Is it correct to state it like this?

This is what illusion of responsibility would literally mean

Edited by Schahin

@Schahin 

Right now my understanding is (From Nisargadatta Maharaj)

Drug addiction lethargy homeless ness - destroying the body and not living a healthy life is not spiritual life.

Atmost responsibility honest life with integerity and service to all living beings is the purpose of spiritual life.

Responsibility is not illusion.It is just a responsible action.

"I am" responsible is the illusion.I am the doer is the illusion.I am the body mind is the illusion.Sense of i or me is the root illusion.

Thoughts come and go actions happen there is no "you" doing that.

It is the sense of i or me is causing the illusion of seperatedness.

Right you now the sense of me or i  is the one which is causing the illusion of seperation.

So thoughts happen accordingly to that.

When that sense of i or me goes the perception change happens when oneness interconnectedness  of life is realised one is not bound by thoughts the actions will be naturally responsible.

If you are not responsible in your actions - you will be jobless you will not be able to do any work - self employment business - concious moment to moment living is great responsibility.

Meditation spirituality - purpose of living everything requires dedication sincererity effort - responsibility.

Goal of self actualisation is to bring out the best possible potential from each one.

Edited by Jkris

4 hours ago, Schahin said:

So taking responsibility is an illusion and actually it is not your human fault you ended up homeless and a drug addict, it would have happened anyway nothing you could have done to avoid it and it was all consciousness "desire", path for this particular character to end up this way. 

No, it’s not.

People are able to take responsibility to a far greater extent than just throwing their hands up in the air and saying ‘well, it’s not my fault i’m a drug addict. Taking responsibility is an illusion’.

5 hours ago, Jkris said:

@Schahin 

Right now my understanding is (From Nisargadatta Maharaj)

Drug addiction lethargy homeless ness - destroying the body and not living a healthy life is not spiritual life.

Atmost responsibility honest life with integerity and service to all living beings is the purpose of spiritual life.

Responsibility is not illusion.It is just a responsible action.

"I am" responsible is the illusion.I am the doer is the illusion.I am the body mind is the illusion.Sense of i or me is the root illusion.

Thoughts come and go actions happen there is no "you" doing that.

It is the sense of i or me is causing the illusion of seperatedness.

Right you now the sense of me or i  is the one which is causing the illusion of seperation.

So thoughts happen accordingly to that.

When that sense of i or me goes the perception change happens when oneness interconnectedness  of life is realised one is not bound by thoughts the actions will be naturally responsible.

If you are not responsible in your actions - you will be jobless you will not be able to do any work - self employment business - concious moment to moment living is great responsibility.

Meditation spirituality - purpose of living everything requires dedication sincererity effort - responsibility.

Goal of self actualisation is to bring out the best possible potential from each one.

Hey brother, 

Well I don't mean by lack of responsibility that you become lazy and don't have a job anymore act..

I mean if something happens that derails the person completely, not even by his own fault but by the misfortune  it brought the person to a state of addiction and homelessness, id like to know if the person should in any way take responsibility for his state he came into, or could it not even have happened otherwise and it was necessarily leading to this state and he couldn't make it happen otherwise even being trying to be responsible.

@Schahin

Lol how drugs addiction - that person is not responsible but misfortune ? 

Lol - how a person will go bankrupt to the extent of loosing the home.

Greed over leverage improper planning lack of adequate expertise in the field and offcourse unforseen change in policies lot of factors play in business.So if all the best efforts was made and loss happens.

What else can be done ?

Go to a job with the knowledge and expertise.

-Note Nisargadatta Maharaj died of throat cancer due to smoking.

Yes but here it is metaphysically speaking, who is actually responsible?

Is it Shiva, God, my higher consciousness that wanted to experience this and no matter what the person could have done, it would have always lead to it? I hope it makes sense

@Schahin

Intellectual words gymnastics are not going to help anyone practically in life.

Ramakrishna Paramahamsar said

A monk was travelling in a boat.He asked the boatman several philosophical questions for that the boatman said I dont know.The monk said you have wasted your life.

The boat crashed in a rock and water started entering the boat now the boatman asked swamiji do you know swimming the monk said I dont know.Now the boatman said whats the use of all your philosophies swami and he jumped the river to swim to the banks.

The monk died.

--- If You dont take responsibility for your actions even god wont come to help.

--- Metaphysically speaking Shiva never comes in to the world.Shiva doesnt know about creation world.

Nature loves courage.
Take responsibility for everything in your life.

Act as if you have control and try not to think about it anymore. Anything else is mental gymnastics.
Most of the answers you will read here will confuse you even more.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Its not about me, it is a general question I have regarding other people that might be in such a situation, therefore the thirst to know the why it is as it is. 

Was it lack of responsibility by the person or could it not have happened in any other way no matter how much the person had taken responsibility 

Edited by Schahin

2 minutes ago, Schahin said:

Its not about me, it is a general question I have regarding other people that might be in such a situation, therefore the thirst to know the why it is as it is. 

Was it lack of responsibility by the person or could it not have happened in any other way no matter how much the person had taken responsibility 

I dont know that. 
I doubt anybody here knows that really.
People just talk in fantastic riddles. 

But here is what an enlightened one thinks about it - hope that helps.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@Schahin a thief breaks into your house and is stealing your stuff.

if you think that taking responsibility = grabbing a bat and beating him down and calling the cops

and

if you think that just witnessing = standing there, just letting him steal your stuff

then you're once again confused.

the taking responsibility and witnessing are NOT for the same person to decide between.

SCHAHIN MUST always take responsibility of his life. if he decides to witness, he will simply watch his house being emptied as the thief does his thing.

The one who witnesses has NO OTHER OPTION, but to witness and is always witnessing. there's no choosing involved.

in other words, if you think that you SCHAHIN gets to be the witness, you're wrong.

SCHAHIN can move towards being in a peaceful state which will bring him closer and closer to being and as a result, acting accordingly to his true nature of the Witness.

how he can do this is by choosing action, not reaction.

not to ask for his BAG OF ROCKS (worry) in all circumstances of life.

worry does nothing to change the oncoming truck as you cross the road.

the quick action to jump out of the way however will save your life - taking responsibility.

watch this video (2 mins): 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

16 hours ago, Schahin said:

This is what illusion of responsibility would literally mean

This boils down to the construct of "you". Exactly who/what is this "you"? Who/what would be taking responsibility?

The above construct assumes a real "you" and an illusory responsibility. The common denominator in many of your questions boils down to "you". Once the nature of "you" is revealed, there will be greater clarity.

If there are no Christmas presents under the tree, should we assign responsibility to Santa Claus? Why or why not?

20 hours ago, Schahin said:

This question  still bugs me alor. Are we in control of anything that happens in our lives?

We are god but does this mean to take responsibility or does  our higher self work in the background  and we as humans are only supposed to witness as everything unfolds?

From that perspective it's good to take responsibility of your life. Far better than being stuck in a victim mentality or being irresponsible.

And the most dangerous of them all, BELIEVING that there is no doer, nothing to be done and that everything is an illusion.

Edited by WelcometoReality

On 9/12/2019 at 9:24 PM, Schahin said:

Thank you, this is a Good sum up. Lets suppose though, you are someone getting into Trouble in your Life. 

Things don't go as you wish and slowly you lose your friends, become lazy and after awhile sick and end up homeless  and a drug addict (extreme case which nonetheless  exists)

No. Not at all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE