abrakamowse

I am thinking in trying Salvia Divinorum

20 posts in this topic

Any recommendations?

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

hahahah good luck.

I had only small doses a couple of times back a couple years ago. It was actually not bad, had the giggles, and felt completly dumb and dissociated for a couple of minutes. 

But I guess you know the stories of people smoking larger doses, they come out somewhat traumatized and without any wisdom gained just having the most weird and unpleasent experiences ever. 

Not really recommendable, but some folks are just too curious :D

The important thing with psychadelics is that you are asking the psychadelic to show you something. Yes they can very in power because the chemical base reaction to neurochemistry. 

What your basically trying to ask is how is that I am the whole universe. Once this is aligned with tenacity and curiosity then your trips will significantly increase the more you free your mind of painful thoughts and put your whole focus in life towards becoming enlightened. You must make the vow. Not from suffering, not from neediness to discover truth to make your life better. You will ultimately be dissappointed the only thing you get from the truth is the truth. So the only thing you should be asking for is the truth. 

And yes psychadelics can heal you because you are imaginging them to heal you. There is no better healer than a psychadelic. 

Edited by Aakash

4 hours ago, ThinAir said:

hahahah good luck.

Thanks! hehehe... 

Ok, I know why your response. I was also a bit cautious about Salvia because of those stories of people having scary experiences with it.

But the thing is that I had one of those experiences without taking anything (I never take any drugs or even smoke regular cigars, so...),  and I really want to confront that fear, the fear of death or of not being anything. It happened to me some years ago when I was waking up in the morning and it was really traumatic, I went to the hospital because I thought I went crazy, I lost completely notion of who I am and let me tell you, it's super scary.

But somehow I feel I need to let that experience go, I have to pass through it. Or I feel it will be worst if I don't do it. I feel that this is the experience you have when you "die" and you found yourself with not a body, just consciousness. If we are not prepared for that moment, then it would be like hell for us, because it was for me when it happened. I was just pure consciousness and it was super scary.

At the moment, I also felt that I didn't get anything, that I didn't gained any wisdom from that. But I was wrong. Everything is wisdom. Nature knows what is doing and even the most scary experiences are necessary for us to wake up. The ego is the only one who thinks that the experience is bad, because is threatening to it.

There were some stupid guys that didn't respect the plant and took it like if they wanted to just have a trip and they uploaded videos to youtube, that is giving bad rap to Salvia.

This is what the guys on Reddit say about Salvia on the r/salvia community, very interesting.

The Salvia Experience

Salvia is a powerful psychoactive drug (the most potent naturally occurring hallucinogen in the world) and should be respected. You will not have a good time if you are just looking for a quick high. The Salvia experience can be extremely uncomfortable, unpleasant and disorienting, but can also be spiritual, mind-expanding and very unique. It is very important to approach the drug with a responsible mindset. Read some trip reports before diving into Salvia, so you have some idea of what to expect.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Aakash Thanks Aakash, I really appreciate your feedback. That's what I was thinking about, to go with a clear intention to know what I really Am.

When I know I am focused on that intention, I will do it. Not before. Thanks!

Edited by abrakamowse

@abrakamowse

who am I ? 

what am I ? 

why am I ? 

how am I ? 

where am I ? 

when am I ? 

the pillars of enlightenment 

Only then will you know the absolute truth. 

All of these come together in one single realisation, one single ah-ha moment. 

“I am god, now I realise how I did it” 

who| what |when |where|how|why

you need those exact words to realise in your mind. Each realisation of the symbol is literally who, what , when , where , how , why reflecting in that sentence and in that order. 

there is no escaping the process ? hence the meaning of being in a matrix ??‍♂️

Finally can watch matrix see if the guy was enlightened or not ?

the reason why you can’t miss it... is because it’s the last answer left. Therefore the absolute truth without a doubt. 

Edited by Aakash

@abrakamowse bruv lol, I’m still Aakash ? nothing has changed literally lol. 

Also I editted the sentence above and i showed you the whole point of enlightenment and how it’s done. In its entirety. These are the question everyone needs to ask in their psychadelic trips :) 

Edited by Aakash

Ive used salvia about 5 times. Salvia is extremely powerful at moderate-high doses in my experience. You will completely forget that you even took a psychedelic at all. One of my trips shot me into outer space and I was floating through the void of space in a mine cart completely lost and unaware I had taken anything. I remember these huge mirrors getting closer and closer to me and looking into them I was looking into different parts of my life happening. I believe in the beginning of the trip there was a profound nondual ego death but I don't remember. Also, my trip was much more trippy than that. Overall I wouldn't recommend using this while on the path. This will just provide you with trippy content that wont get you any closer to seeing nonduality in ordinary life. You are 1000x better off self inquiring and being mindfull throughout the day or using lsd/ shrooms to get a better glimpse of the ox. I equate taking salvia with getting ready to jump off a plane or getting ready to hop on a bull. It gets very intense in a matter of about 3 seconds after that exhale.

Good luck man. My friend tried out of curiosity and does not recommend. Says that his thoughts "scattered". He did it recklessly, without preparation, so it's not a quality opinion.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Yeah, i think are better substances to use for consciousness work, unless you are extremely experienced at tripping.

Nonetheless Salvia is an extremely profound and intriguing entheogen. If you are set on doing it, you should watch the hamiltons pharmacopia episode on it.

I would look into the oral administration technique “quidding” which is reported by the majority to produce a better trip than smoking

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=33587

A common theme in lot of the online discussions I have read is that smoking the herb “upsets the spirit of the plant” and is more likely to produce a terrifying experience.

Whilst tripping balls on salvia you will be able to get up and move around and interact with your environment even though your psyche will be in a different realm, which poses real safety risks. Theres a video of a guy jumping out his window on it, luckily it was the first floor.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I've tried 20x of Salvia a couple of times. The bodily sensations can be extremely weird and uncomfortable but I can definitely see it's use in this work. It completely redefines how you see perception when a drug can warp it so much. You can also experience becoming other objects. Higher doses can have very godlike experiences. 

Salvia is a substance with high spiritual potential, but it completely rips you out from normal functioning and you can move on it. Due to the nature of the experience I wouldn't advise it to anyone who isn't experienced in handling intense trips, and always have a trip sitter to make sure you don't do anything dangerous. 

I'd love to do it again sometime, but it does take a lot of willpower to trip on it. It's the dmt of dissociatives in a way but it's more akin to being a bridge between dissociatives and psychedelics. 

I recommend if you can handle it. 

Edited by Shadowraix

My friend had a saliva trip where he ended up staring dead at a wall for 10 minutes only to then scream uncontrollably and was then out of breath explaining that he lived the life of a panda from birth till death

8 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I really want to confront that fear, the fear of death or of not being anything. 

Well salvia can give you the experience of dying but you may just feel like you are a chair or some other object which will not be the experience of nothingness. And as others have allready mentioned you'll be likely to forget completly that you have taken anything in the first place, you'll very likely forget your intention. Salvia tends to part you completly from the part of your psyche that is able to cognize  experience. 

For your purpose other psychedelics are much more likely to produce the result you would like to see. Higher doses of LSD or Mushrooms, 5-MeO-DMT are a much saver bet.

Ok guys... thanks for your comments. Maybe I will have to ponder more about taking it.

My main reason is really because here in new jersey is legal. I am afraid of buying LSD or Mushrooms, 5-MeO-DMT... and because we cannot talk anywhere about sources is difficult to know if a vendor is good or not.

Before Salvia I was thinking in mushrooms, but I have no friends who do it and no one to recommend me any place where I can buy safely.

Maybe I will have to continue doing research about that... 

Thanks!!!!

Salvia can be wicked. It trapped me in a carnival, in a time loop where I was picking the same flower over and over again forever. And I became part of the floor.

2 hours ago, IndigoGeminiWolf said:

Salvia can be wicked. It trapped me in a carnival, in a time loop where I was picking the same flower over and over again forever. And I became part of the floor.

hahaha... yeah, I read about very weird experiences with it. I am reconsidering taking it. Maybe I will go with mushrooms first.

Thanks!

^_^

I've only taken small amounts to spice up meditation, worked well, couldnt be asked bothered chewin it, gross

11 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

I've only taken small amounts to spice up meditation, worked well, couldnt be asked bothered chewin it, gross

I know, they say it taste too bitter for chewing.

:P

If you do try smoking Salvia, you can do an extract.

I recommend keeping a journal and writing down your experience.

After you are done, you will be surprised at what you do not remember about the experience.

A voice recorder will probably also work but your voice may be slurred.

Edited by IndigoGeminiWolf