Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron p

I get that we are all one, but how does that make my experience an illusion?

9 posts in this topic

So I have conceptually grasped the idea that we are all one thing (the universe), and one day I hope to actualize that as a realization...but one thing I cannot grasp in my mind, is why this would mean that what I'm experiencing is a dream? 

I know that these things aren't meant for the mind, but I'm still interested in how the two are connected. 

I know nothing is real, only because God told me...and I trust God. But how the fuck does the realisations that I am not a human correlate to the idea that nothing is real?

Look at the word 'dream' metaphorically.

As long as you are ignorant, as long as you mistake your beliefs for reality, you do not see it the way it really is.
You operate off those beliefs and because you forgot the moment you created them - you have no reference point and act as if you got it. From within the maze, the corridor looks like it is everything that there is.

You 'wake up' when you realize that you created these walls yourself and that you can knock them over and your field of view expands.
Still, as you knock a wall down - it looks like the maze is more spacious, it is different, but it still looks like it is all there is.
That is what the "dream" is.

The catch is that the idea called 'you' is one of these corridors. It is the central corridor out of which all other corridors sprout.
In a sense - the maze is supported by 'you'. Once you tear that belief down - the maze will start falling apart. All of it.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Aaron p It's great to have the concept in mind and from your writing I suppose you know that concepts don't really count for anything once realization is happening.

I once came up with an analogy that I quite like: the analogy of the rainbow bubble. You see, a rainbow bubble seems to be a real, tangible thing moving around in space and time. With a clearly defined inside and outside and a boundary between those two.
But if you look at it, inside and outside are literally the same, the same air. The bubble is not a tangible thing but it exists as the boundary.

Once the bubble is popped (great analogy for what, you might think :)), the boundary collapses and what has always been one is one now.

From my reading I suspect there are deeper insights to have into the nature of nothingness, void god and so on but the the bubble popping is what I have yet become conscious of.

I also like to put it into this phrase: the ego is identification with experience. It is the clinging to something that feels permanent, where there in reality is only constant change.

I hope it helps you in any way, stay on track, my dude :)

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

So I have conceptually grasped the idea that we are all one thing (the universe),

Which means that you have not grasped anything. You are still in duality.

and one day I hope to actualize that as a realization...

Then that will be the day you understand. Not until then.

but one thing I cannot grasp in my mind, is why this would mean that what I'm experiencing is a dream? 

If you understood it is all one thing, then you would understand there is not two things: 1) reality, 2) dreams, but that they are one.

I know that these things aren't meant for the mind, but I'm still interested in how the two are connected. 

All things are connected by being ONE rather than two.

Notice how your mind keep creating differences between things. That's duality. You keep dreaming up differences and getting lost in them.

There is no difference between reality and illusion unless you imagine there is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Aaron p said:

but one thing I cannot grasp in my mind, is why this would mean that what I'm experiencing is a dream? 

Imagine you are dreaming. You are a dream character called Paul with his friends Jack and Samantha. You are all at a concert. . . . Isn’t this all a dream within one mind? Isn’t Paul’s experience a dream? Yet it seems very real to Paul until you wake up (not Paul)

Now go one level higher. Like Paul, you are a dream character within a larger mind. Yet it seems very real until You wake up (not you).

Have you made a piece of artwork? Did you ever draw something? If you did and showed someone, the both of you will only think that it's just a work of art. That's it. No one would consider that as real because it's "man-made" and "not moving."

One day, you will become the real thing, and all this will only appear as a movie with you being an actor in it. Play your part well and you may become the real thing again.

Can't wait... Only real thing and Best thing ever. Those were the good old days. Good old days. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice how your mind keep creating differences between things.

I almost got enlightened when I read it. I think for 0.001 sec I saw the absolute. I panicked. 

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy