Enizeo

Practices to do while on psychedelics

14 posts in this topic

Hello Actualizers,

On psychedelic trips, especially using substances like LSD, which last quite long, I often find myself kind of lost. I'm basically wondering what kind of practices you guys are doing in order to make the most of your trips.

Thanks!

This is actually an incredibly good question, since I find the same thing happens to me. 

Try the usual techniques, self enquiry, contemplation, even yoga if you really want. I don't like the way LSD lasts for fuckin 12 hours tho. Might invest in some trip killers. Shrooms last 6 hours, DMT and 5meo last like, way less than those.

Have some sort of goal in mind. What is reality, what am I that perceives reality, where am i, who is the one who is observing this i. Those are good contemplative questions. Remember, being lost and confused is exactly what your looking for...your actually trying to die so you are. What your looking for, remains even in the lostness and confusion. What you are looking for, does not move. Phycedelics just helps everything else move. Work up to 400ug and dedicate an entire day to it, and invite the confusion to come. Allow your sense of self to become increasingly distorted and wait until you are most confused and then ask "am I here? What is here that isint moving?" 

Your mind will be confused and lost, but there will be something that won't be lost in this chaos...that is you. Focus on that

@Aaron p Seems like good advice, will try on the next couple of trips and report the results! Thanks

1. Ingest

2.sit down

3. Do not move

4. "Who is perceiving? Who sees these images? Who sends these images? Who is asking?" 

Repeat. 

Yoga, Dance, Breathing, Feeling, Being!

B R E A T H E

Surrender, go hang out with the trees they tell awesome stories :x

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

8 hours ago, DrMobius said:

Music. Especially bands like Tool.

You'll thank me later. ;)

Try AL-LAD. It's an LSD analog that lasts 6-8 hours. I prefer it to LSD now.

@DrMobius ?

Sit and contemplate God for 6 hours.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura How do you see music as a tool during tripping in general. When should you use it, when it is helpful, or is it jst a distraction and you should just do it in the come up phase?

@DrMobius Music is awesome (love Tool :D), but it seems to be a distraction from doing the work. I usually listen to music or go on a long walk in the afterglow though. 

@molosku So you suggest 6h of straight self-inquiry? 

@Leo Gura I tried to do just that (asking 'What is the substance of reality'), but it does not seem to lead anywhere. Rewatched your videos on contemplation, probably I just need more practice.

Anyways, could you give some tips on how to contemplate something like God? What would the process look like? One of my favourite episodes is the 'sameness vs difference' one, because it gave me some insight into what a contemplation can look like. 

Edited by Enizeo
Wording

@Enizeo You just have to be curious about it. I don't not sure there's a mechanical method to it.

If your curiosity is lacking, then it won't go anywhere.

For me it's just spontaneous.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura @Leo GuraI see... I think I will just trust in the practices and keep pushing forward until the first glimpses give me a real sense of direction. Thank you! 

Edited by Enizeo
Formatting issues with android phone

On 02/08/2019 at 2:56 PM, Enizeo said:

Hello Actualizers,

On psychedelic trips, especially using substances like LSD, which last quite long, I often find myself kind of lost. I'm basically wondering what kind of practices you guys are doing in order to make the most of your trips.

Thanks!

Drawing

Méditation

Dance + edm music

And if I m not too fucked up. Produce Electronic music ideas.

A lot of analysis / méta visualisation of the 'ratio' and work on the idea of perception in music.

Contemplate self path work and ideas.

I do them rarely. Grow up my own shrm récently can't wait to try with my gf or at the right Time.

First Time I did was 2g of Mexican on a belgium music dance festival. 

Was shaping Time and space 8D

A lot of good ideas here. I haven't seen it mentioned yet so I'm gonna throw in Tai chi or Qi gong. If you are new to psychs I feel these are good options as they will keep you balanced and grounded. If you are prone to a bad trip these might smooth out the experience so that you can have some success before going into deeper waters. 

I also like to do open eyed contemplation. I view my body and surrounding and contemplate all the factors which are responsible for me being able to perceive what I think I am experiencing. 

Edited by RickyBalboa