Gili Trawangan

There are still traps after awakening

66 posts in this topic

A few moments after realizing for the first time, experientially, that I am all of reality, a thought crept up: “What tremendous responsibility! I can actually CREATE ANYTHING I want!” It quickly went away and was replaced with awe, but in the days and weeks following realization, between moments of utter peace and joy, that thought emerged again and again, along with other thoughts that seemed to be trying to figure out the “experience”. Questions on free will and other people, and an attempt at figuring out the next stage. “What to do now?”; “Am I really the conscious creator of all of my reality?”; “How can I embody this understanding in a way that serves the greater good?”. “But it doesn’t feel like I have free will, it doesn’t feel like I can create my reality.”; “What would God do?”; “But I AM God, there’s nothing else.”

What went unnoticed most of the time was that these were egoic thoughts that were sneakily (and metaphorically) reconstructing and perpetuating the illusory separate self. “I”, the illusory separate self, was lost for hours on end in loopy circles of trying to figure stuff out and thinking of the future.

Until there is pause… Wait, who is asking all of these questions? A question is a thought. Do I actually have a choice in what questions are being asked? Take a look. A thought appears effortlessly in me, a field of awareness. “What to do?” Then another thought appears: “Do this and not that.” The third thought sneakily comes, enmeshed with the second one, and this one usually goes unnoticed: “I’ve just made a choice”. There is only a thought that says that I’ve made a choice. Noticing this thought is enough to see that it just another thought. Without believing this third thought there is no choice, there is nothing to ask, there is no problem to solve. Choice is just another concept that appears in awareness. Thoughts are just thoughts, there is no self that binds them, only thoughts seem to point to an entity having them. But look at the HERE and NOW. There is no self choosing, there is no one choosing, there is no choice. It just is.

Silence.

Peace.

This illusion must be seen through again and again, the illusory separate self is an ingrained pattern that will continue to come. Unconsciously believing to be a self is not a small thing, it keeps coming back. So self-inquire again, and again, and again.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Just my experience thus far:

99%+ of every thought we've ever had is just a form of (self/external) brainwashing.

What everyone is actually trying to do with "trying to become enlightened" if that's even such a thing, is course correct the contents of consciousness, that's literally it, that is, to experience the contents of consciousness without being caught up in those contents.

The "inner voice"people have seems likely to just be brainwashing as well.

Most of spirituality, believe it or not (of course it would have to be), is simply brainwashing.

Most of spirituality is composed of ideas who's focused is generally designed to bring consciousness closer to this state I've described.

Based on a technique I've created every day I deepen this described state I've pretty much already achieved. I am only at the beginning of experimentation as well so I presently have no intention of sharing, I just wanted to share my findings thus far so I could point to something that you may already know in the back of your mind.

There are so many traps on the Path.  It's rather impressive actually.

That's why its called "awakening" Don't think your a master just yet, you were just born :P again.

Enlightenment is stabilized awakenings ;)

B R E A T H E

28 minutes ago, pluto said:

That's why its called "awakening" Don't think your a master just yet, you were just born :P again.

Enlightenment is stabilized awakenings ;)

You bet! This is all quite humbling :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

2 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

A few moments after realizing for the first time, experientially, that I am all of reality, a thought crept up: “What tremendous responsibility! I can actually CREATE ANYTHING I want!” It quickly went away and was replaced with awe, but in the days and weeks following realization, between moments of utter peace and joy, that thought emerged again and again, along with other thoughts that seemed to be trying to figure out the “experience”. Questions on free will and other people, and an attempt at figuring out the next stage. “What to do now?”; “Am I really the conscious creator of all of my reality?”; “How can I embody this understanding in a way that serves the greater good?”. “But it doesn’t feel like I have free will, it doesn’t feel like I can create my reality.”; “What would God do?”; “But I AM God, there’s nothing else.”

What went unnoticed most of the time was that these were egoic thoughts that were sneakily (and metaphorically) reconstructing and perpetuating the illusory separate self. “I”, the illusory separate self, was lost for hours on end in loopy circles of trying to figure stuff out and thinking of the future.

Until there is pause… Wait, who is asking all of these questions? A question is a thought. Do I actually have a choice in what questions are being asked? Take a look. A thought appears effortlessly in me, a field of awareness. “What to do?” Then another thought appears: “Do this and not that.” The third thought sneakily comes, enmeshed with the second one, and this one usually goes unnoticed: “I’ve just made a choice”. There is only a thought that says that I’ve made a choice. Noticing this thought is enough to see that it just another thought. Without believing this third thought there is no choice, there is nothing to ask, there is no problem to solve. Choice is just another concept that appears in awareness. Thoughts are just thoughts, there is no self that binds them, only thoughts seem to point to an entity having them. But look at the HERE and NOW. There is no self choosing, there is no one choosing, there is no choice. It just is.

Silence.

Peace.

This illusion must be seen through again and again, the illusory separate self is an ingrained pattern that will continue to come. Unconsciously believing to be a self is not a small thing, it keeps coming back. So self-inquire again, and again, and again.

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. And glad that you've managed to notice this post glimpse/awakening trap without having to build a convoluted spiritual ego 10 years down the line.

This self referring thought/ego patterns are pernicious indeed. Adyashanti talks about how after every single glimpse, there is always a major chance of the ego coming back and corrupting that knowledge. Thats why there is a massive potential pitfall for psychedelics or any major spiritual glimpse.

Many people fall in this trap of considering enlightenment as a thinking game. While before they had miserable, sabotaging thoughts; now they wanna have enlightening thoughts. Talk about rearranging furnitures on the deck.

I am starting to see thought as a once ferocious tiger, now turned toothless. Refusing to believe a thought, we basically defang the tiger. It still bites from time to time, but there is no real significant consequence to it.

''I am miserable" and ''i am god" both thoughts are product of same delusion

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

11 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. And glad that you've managed to notice this post glimpse/awakening trap without having to build a convoluted spiritual ego 10 years down the line.

This self referring thought/ego patterns are pernicious indeed. Adyashanti talks about how after every single glimpse, there is always a major chance of the ego coming back and corrupting that knowledge. Thats why there is a massive potential pitfall for psychedelics or any major spiritual glimpse.

Many people fall in this trap of considering enlightenment as a thinking game. While before they had miserable, sabotaging thoughts; now they wanna have enlightening thoughts. Talk about rearranging furnitures on the deck.

I am starting to see thought as a once ferocious tiger, now turned toothless. Refusing to believe a thought, we basically defang the tiger. It still bites from time to time, but there is no real significant consequence to it.

''I am miserable" and ''i am god" both thoughts are product of same delusion

Atoms and matter could have the potential to rewire  'thinking matter' is a possibilité

It could be that matter itself "think".

There is no problem with thinking.

The problem is a wrong use of thinking. As everything expand. Could be that our mind itself work like a Galaxy expanding itself

Thinking alone can be more strong than psychedelics. I awakened through asking god to give me truth or kill me. I was not sayin it like I like cake. I got energic rush and a crisis for week. Then I stop to overthink because it was just obvious then than most of our discussion are so distant and relative. I just stopped After realizing some new Logic way to perceive reality.

Good thoughts are gods.

People who still believe we are méta in sayin we are god. You Lost in your own concept.

We are nature if you prefer. And so whatever the force who created reality. This force is us. We are the création of god. But god is so god that you're him aswell. 

If thoughts was truly useless. Then you say that god made a misstake of them.

Spiritual ego ain't real.

I would tend to believe that there is 'no free will'. By law of physics. But as an human it almost cannot be explain.

If you enlighten It's only by nature will. 

You're a spectator of reality and self. Movie and arts are gods facets.

God is a vidéo game and a movie and you're the player walking on his own record.

There is no outside reality outside your life expérience. We are all drifting and it doesn't matter to choose right or left. Because the ultimate choice of your mind. That's why a character in Batman choose to throw a coin for each décisions. But even this sort of action is a choice not relevant of your choice.

You cannot beat your own mind codes.

You can hack/understand yourself but each one his movie. You can maybe writte your futur. But all projection for a futur all this. Where does it Come ?

Like if I wanted to be king. Why is this thought in me ? Why do I désire ?

All thoughts of shaping reality. This so call'd free will. But all your désire are not yours. They are gods. Hence. You have free will from the perspective of the mind. But in depth nothing here is yours. Not even your ego.

by others understanding of the dynamics of reality I m almost sure that all I m his a spectator in his tunnel universe. Meeting others Galaxy. Does Galaxy have free will/ free thought ?

I think the answer give truth to 'what you are'

But you can try to beat the wheel. Free thought or not. Both are 'delusion' depending : what you/I mean by delusion or the relative concept of free will that we all sort of believe in.

I was litteraly asking what am I and what is this fuck ? ( Very intensively After hours of méditation and hard seccion of weed & thinking )

12 minutes ago, Aeris said:

There is no problem with thinking.

The problem is a wrong use of thinking.

Indeed. To label thinking as a problem is yet another problematic thought.

The wrong use of thinking is trying to define, exggerrate, diminish, change, explain the 'I' through thinking. It goes in vain due to a category error as 'i' is prior to thinking.

You can ask thinking to solve a math problem. But asking thinking to explain yourself is like asking a cow to lay an egg.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom it doesn't actually because 

prior to even that prior of "i" is actually the prior itself. thinking lets you understand this , which is the same for direct experience. 

just like you think words are contained in the prior, 

The prior is contained in the pre-prior aswell , which means you can't use the prior to explain the prior i.e you can't use enlightenment to explain that which is before even enlightened beings itself. Which makes enlightenment by default the highest truth possible. Not the absolute truth. 

Which is a key feature that many people get wrong. its not like i did anything to deserve this answer, it was just by random chance and outside of fate literally 

So relatively the equaivalence is mateiralist using materialism to figure out reality is the same as you using advita vedanta and enlightenment to figure out prior to enlightenment . its do-able in theory and the theory is the best of what can be had. Just like direct experience is the best. 

So the irony here is: its better to have the option to choose with thought, rather than pursue blindly because an authority figure has told you they know the truth. 

its words that are the only way in which you can know this statement to be true, because there is nothing prior to prior of the "i".. its an impossibility. its just blind faith in the god particle. the true god which is you. The righful place to put your authority, not in swami's 

but what do i know lol i'm just 24

Like i said, its like saying how can i know it and how ? 

its just pure random chance, is the stupidity of it. 

Reality is counter-intutive because ANYTHING you can know via knowledge and experience is not it. except the absolute truth, but you need to find the correct god to place your core knowledge structure in. so to me, honestly consciousness is the highest form of god. Meaning god can be put into words using words.

Edited by Aakash

The irony is funny isn't it 

how do we persuade an enlightened being his god is not the only highest truth. it is the highest truth, just not the only one  

This is how counter-intuitive nature it is. 

you can't because they're pretty uncooperative beings as a collective. Those one's who follow buddhist and advita traditions, and live in hardcore nothingness. 

Funnily enough

My consciousness god and your nothing-enlightened god are actually one and the same. 

The stupidity of religion reforming correctly. The sad thing about the religious warfare that will form because it comes back to faith and belief. The only problem is that the true god is unaware of himself and therefore it is a closed system. With the current rules of the game he's made and that it. The cycle repeats and new things to be discovered. Except unlike enlightenment its not provable. Infact the way to prove it is to have various enlightened beings, which i never expected to happen until the rise of an enlightened society, which is infact as planned. Actualised.org forum is basically a society as i said 2 months ago

Relitivistic, me telling you this, doesn't change the timeline much because what's the odds this post or any of my posts are remembered years from now. There isn't so the process will continue and people will always hunt out the abosolute and god. Kinda how were realising now that ancient civilisations 3000-6000 years ago had discovered absolute infinity. The process will repeat again 

Edited by Aakash

The forum has reached stage ruby at its highest levels we've hit on occasions, which is just red warfare, to gain power and monopolise power due to opposing worldviews and cultural norms. This is all enlightened beings participating in a thread debate over truth. Individually everyone is at lower stages. However, when they collectively come together, the gathering of consciousness spikes and it raises higher than their individual levels. its kinda like how we can say the collective species are at stage orange/green development however there are still purple tribes in amazons etc. 

So the irony as there is loads is 

Don't tell me your tribes stories and tell me they're true for me. :)  see how complicated this can get it

I don't mean it really, just showing an example. I am well aware that what you said is part of the absolute truth at all its highest levels

Edit: this ironically proves that there are consciousness levels are happening all at the same time, the levels we haven't discovered in the stages are happening outside of our levels of awareness. Which means there is actually so much to discover about consciousness god and that's the amazing thing about it. You just won't get infinite peace and bliss etc , that's for the god of nothing :DxD  but that's the sacrifice you have to make. You have to sacrifice your experience for suffering and here you have to sacrifice no suffering for experience lol 

Edited by Aakash

I'll make this related to the post 

The traps of awakening is that god is so counter-intuitive 

you can use words to showcase god. because there is no difference between the word, the reader, the trinity god.....  writing words is exactly equal to an enlightened beings non-experience. 

its just where we want to go as a group, knowing this truth. 

Okay i'm going to stop, i feel like my low consciousness being in red is forcing me to write these things, when i gain higher consciousness. I'm forgetting that i'm destroying structures. which is bad! LOOOL i want all these structures to co-exist! people to be any thing they want. Just in the correct structure. 

Okay c'mon aakash, gain some self-control man. - be zen, no mind No need to be Kim jun un, that's where this is going to end up if you continue!! Fuck man i'm not mature enough for this lol. no where near developed to be able to say such thing's and actually have things move forward past my control LOL entering the golden age all over again xD

Okay next step: peace treaty :) enjoy the stage-- enter a spiritual brothel LOL have a few beers with all the beings and talk the language of love xD 

@Preetom @Gili Trawangan in my experience, the  knowing where I truly always am... and from where I truly stand to create my reality... as WHAT I AM... not what I used to think what I was (body/individual) ... but what I always was and AM... so. does this knowing not give rise to thoughts and bring about experiences which match that understanding? LAW OF ATTRACTION / Abraham Hicks

sure, there's no individual sitting here and really making choices to think such thoughts

but the degree of your knowing of your real being is directly related to the quality and charge (positive/negative) of the thoughts which appear and as it's all ONE... thoughts = experience/reality which emerges and it only gets better and better.. and when required, surrender keeps you at that same higher frequency until that speed-bump clears 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

38 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Preetom @Gili Trawangan in my experience, the  knowing where I truly always am... and from where I truly stand to create my reality... as WHAT I AM... not what I used to think what I was (body/individual) ... but what I always was and AM... so. does this knowing not give rise to thoughts and bring about experiences which match that understanding? LAW OF ATTRACTION / Abraham Hicks

sure, there's no individual sitting here and really making choices to think such thoughts

but the degree of your knowing of your real being is directly related to the quality and charge (positive/negative) of the thoughts which appear and as it's all ONE... thoughts = experience/reality which emerges and it only gets better and better.. and when required, surrender keeps you at that same higher frequency until that speed-bump clears 

Yes, Rupert Spira talks about this as well.

"As a man is, so he sees"

When we used to condition ourselves as a body-mind, all our thoughts, actions and worldviews were colored by that distorted lens. Its not that we were actively having selfish thoughts. Rather, all those were a natural byproduct of how we knew ourselves.

Same deal with self realization. When we remain as the Self, reality will naturally correspond in alignment to that. Its not an entity that actively 'tries' to outdo itself, embody things alien to itself and spread new vegan propagandas. Thats like putting the cart before the horse ?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

9 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Preetom :) xoxoxo

will continue loving 

Does good-boy love?

Or does good-boy find himself surrounded with love? 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''