electroBeam

Why is suicide discouraged?

125 posts in this topic

There is a reason why you are here, in this particular lifetime, as you. 

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Nothing exists. But materialistically, I think it's fairly self explanatory why suicide is discouraged. I mean, in my opinion...I don't see why you would kill yourself before you just break bad....if I was gonna do it I would definitely go on a shittone of holidays and fuck as many bitches as I can get hahahaha and do loads of drugs and just go mental. Then do it More fun. 

That's asking for a bad, bad bad karma~

Since your "Consciousness" won't die, you won't escape that karma by killing yourself~

Edited by Angelite

12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Until someone swings a baseball bat in your direction then let's see how dead you are.

It depends.  If death is instantaneous - there is no suffering.  You will instantaneously be God consciousness, or the Godhead.  This is pure bliss and love.  

If your finite form does not cease immediately there will be suffering until it does..which again afterwards results in the Godhead - pure bliss and love.

So there is no reason to fear.  Any suffering  you could endure is finite as ultimately you are Infinite consciousness.

But we are getting off topic as the discussion was if it should he encouraged.

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

On 7/19/2019 at 8:14 AM, electroBeam said:

If when you die physically, you will be God, why is suicide discouraged?

Wouldn't it be the best if everyone just died now?

This is said in an almost whole ignore-ance..... “Why go on vacation when I’ll just be back home after?”

Everything will never make sense without Nothing. The opportunity of the greatest of all experiences, the “best of both worlds”, is ticking away.

Meditation is the way. 

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

Imagine you go to theatre for having some fun. Movie is terrible so you start wondering much more about projector. 

Projector is much more fascinating then movie itself. 

Imagine movie where main actor stop Acting. 

Would you watch such movie. 

When actor wakes up he stop believing in any scene. 

On 7/19/2019 at 8:14 AM, electroBeam said:

If when you die physically, you will be God, why is suicide discouraged?

Wouldn't it be the best if everyone just died now?

What's the rush you will be dead way too soon anyways. 

I think it's actually pretty cruel how little playtime we get. So many possibilities so little time. 

Posted (edited)

You can't die. Death is an illusion. 

Death sensations doesn't last for long maybe few seconds.Depends really on for how long you resist. 

That's why meditation is important to face death before death. How else you think you can get enlightened lol. 

Idea of you die and entire movie like it never happened. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Posted (edited)

Suicide is pointless, comes from ego to sustain itself as dominant force. 

Remember ego has ony one chance to live and YOU don't. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Since death doesn't exist.. I don't think you get enlightened just because you die.

Unenlightened before death= unenlightened after death.

So enlightenment is required Now. 

"The secret of life is to “die before you die” and find that there is no death."

- Eckhart Tolle

3 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Meditation is da wae.

Then why are not all monks enlightened?

Everything is an assumption.

Are you asking for yourself, or just as a general question? :(

🌺 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Since death doesn't exist.. I don't think you get enlightened just because you die.

Unenlightened before death= unenlightened after death.

So enlightenment is required Now. 

"The secret of life is to “die before you die” and find that there is no death."

- Eckhart Tolle

I agree with the quote but its false that you are unenlightened after death.  Collapse into formlessness is enlightenment.

If you become enlightened while physically alive in your finite form, that's still collapsing into formlessnes but then coming back to your ego.  Thats half the circle.  Completing the circle is realizing that form is enlightenment and both are One - God - You.  But that's only possible after you make the half way point in the circle.

Its being locked in non-duality, then unlocking into duality, then realizing there is no difference.

Edited by Inliytened1

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

7 minutes ago, Psyche_92 said:

Then why are not all monks enlightened?

Because they are not doing work by themselves. 

Use all well known spiritual techniques by yourself without following anyone it will give higher chance for awakening. 

Well can speak from my experience. 

Moment when I got sick of everything and when I had highest intention for Truth Just for Truth sake then I got full blown" experience. 

Of course while meditating. 

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I agree with the quote but its false that you are unenlightened after death.  Collapse into formlessness is enlightenment.

If you become enlightened while physically alive in your finite form, that's still collapsing into formlessnes but then coming back to your ego.  Thats half the circle.  Completing the circle is realizing that form is enlightenment and both are One - God - You.  But that's only possible after you make the half way point in the circle.

Its being locked in non-duality, then unlocking into duality, then realizing there is no difference.

In that case I should be enlightened right now.

Because I have already been dead: before I was born.

But I'm not.

If you are right then everyone should committ physical suicide. Easy and fast way to enlightenment.

Edited by Mikael89

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

You can't die. Death is an illusion. 

Death sensations doesn't last for long maybe few seconds.Depends really on for how long you resist. 

That's why meditation is important to face death before death. How else you think you can get enlightened lol. 

Idea of you die and entire movie like it never happened. 

Is it really painful? That sensations?

Posted (edited)

Did your soul went to other places? 

I have no idea what "to die before you die" really means.. 

Ego death is understandable to me. I think it's easy to kill your ego. Easy.

I mean, conceptual ego~

Edited by Angelite

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Angelite said:

Did your soul went to other places? 

I have no idea what "to die before you die" really means.. 

Ego death is understandable to me. I think it's easy to kill your ego. Easy. 

@Angelite You can't move anywhere. Observe your direct experience. No soul doesn't move anywhere. 

What actually happens is that Awareness collapses into lets describe it as your heart space. 

You become Allah fully. 

Where all of this happens literally no where since there is no you anymore. No awareness =no universe. 

Awareness =Reality 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

@Angelite You can't move anywhere. Observe your direct experience. No soul doesn't move anywhere. 

What actually happens is that Awareness collapses into lets describe it as your heart space. 

You become Allah fully. 

Where all of this happens literally no where since there is no you anymore. No awareness =no universe. 

No space..

Direct experience as in right now? or would it be different than what I see now(?)

No awareness. Just "heart space" ?

Become something you described as "God-like"..

A dot? 

I certainly never been there(that).

Okay nevermind~

**Or is it just you living life through the heart space?