Paul92

Are we robots?

70 posts in this topic

@zeroISinfinity Lol yeah i was talking about myself, i know you know 

sorry maybe i should have worded differently 

@Paul92 It’s a bit like you’re saying “having run a marathon”... wasn’t as good as you figured it would be....never having run a 5k. You have an idea of what it feels like to have employed the discipline of training & diet control, increased your run each day, learned how to rejuvenate muscles so you can keep going, overcome the mental barriers to realize that second, third, fourth wind, etc. You have an idea of what having run a marathon is, and as long as you confuse your idea for the actuality, you suffer in your claims of having run a marathon. It doesn’t feel good because it’s not true. No need to blame the marathon, that only feels worse.  You don’t have to suffer, you can admit you have not awakened, you have not had an enlightening experience, you have not implemented daily disciplines, and all the way back to when this started, you can honestly admit to yourself you never actually knew what you were talking about.

I say this knowing the relief in honesty & transparency, the letting go & relaxation of “I don’t know”, the liberation of authenticity. You could run the marathon and see what it’s actually like. Until then, can you see that you are speculating, worrying yourself sick defending an idea

Have you noticed the tendency for others in that idea boat to commiserate? I believe you 100% that the joy is found in helping people, appreciating their uniqueness, etc - so why would you be spreading worry, doubt & fear? To the best of my estimation, you don’t think you are, because you believe your idea so intimately, you’ve identified with it and therefore feel the need to defend and validate it. Perhaps that is what does not resonate, does not feel good? Perhaps it is the absolute very best of you, which we all share. Maybe discovering more of your awesomeness, and sharing that, is a recipe for an even deeper joy as you recognize it in all of us. Ultimately, you are happiness, you are peace, you are love. Let the thinking & conceptualizing go, practice, so that you may feel Truth. Align with the entirety of you, via honesty & authenticity, and sticking with the actuality of direct experience. 

How can you be the Light, yet reduce us, something so amazing & beautiful, to “robots”, and expect that to feel good? 

It will never work. 

Surrender all that. 

Master letting go. Not conceptualizing.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

19 hours ago, Bryanbrax said:

@Shin

Soon he will realize that money and objects won't make him happy

Awesome! And then he will start looking for true happiness.

@Truth Addict

I'm not motivated by money and objects in the slightest. If you came to see how I lived, that'd be pretty obvious. 

I have a good education and could earn a lot more than I do, but I like my job, helping young people get through college. And I'm surrounded by some wonderful, kind people. That's worth a lot more to me. I live very modestly and help others financially more than I probably should.  In fact, the town in which I live is probably in the top 5 most deprived in the UK. Its rough. But it's home and I don't get 'upset' about where I live. It just is what it is. 

I'm motivated by trying to make the world a better place even if it only on a small scale. And motivated to just try and enjoy life. I just struggle with that when I consider its a possibility that people are not autonomous individuals pulling their own strings. Whether they choose to pull positively or negatively makes no difference, it takes all kinds of people to make a world. 

Edited by Paul92

@Paul92

It's great that you're clear on what you want out of life. I admire that, and I think that it's essential. I hope someday I will be clear on what I want as much as you are.

Anyway, I don't see the problem here. I mean, whether you think other people and yourself are robots or not, does it change anything really in life? I could also think we're unicorns, but we will still be human beings with all of our qualities.

Human beings are just human beings. All ideas about them are untrue and unnecessary.

Edited by Truth Addict

On 14/07/2019 at 1:25 AM, LastThursday said:

I feel like this about 9 to 5 in the office. I know which hell I'd prefer. A giant stupid society or a giant stupid mind?

clearly stupid mind,

it's more distractiv in the end for me,

society is pattern of something that is not my creation

you can use and love thoughts without attachment in the litteral sense

@Paul92 Why you don't want to recognize that you are God and that you are the one pulling the strings?

What is the difference, if you are pulling the strings anyway?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16