Matt23

The best ways to overcome deeply held beliefs

13 posts in this topic

Hey.  I've had this belief that I'm not good enough and bad for most of my life.  Over the past few years I think it's been the cause of a lot of emotional and mental turmoil.

What are the most lasting and efficient ways youve found to get rid of beliefs?

Thanks for any input!

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Suggestions to consider

--> Letting Go method (David R Hawkins)

--> Take a look at some Albert Ellis stuff on YouTube and if you like him, check out some of his books

Basically, the harder you work on your limiting beliefs and associated behaviours, the better chance you have. 

Turn belief into knowledge. True belief comes from faith, faith comes from knowing, knowing comes from experience. 

To do that, actively do something and become good at it. Feed yourself positivism and your negativity will turn into silliness, and then finally understood as a separate entity that is a survival mechanism that is overactive.

Also find out if your feelings of worthlessness are a choice you made to embody at one time and forgot about.

Edited by The Dopamine Cleric

18 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Hey.  I've had this belief that I'm not good enough and bad for most of my life.  Over the past few years I think it's been the cause of a lot of emotional and mental turmoil.

Thanks for any input!

You’re misunderstanding your sensations. Everything you do around that is just a band aid for the day.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

shining the light of consciousness by observation! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 7/5/2019 at 11:09 PM, Matt23 said:

Realization no1. What you feed it grows.

We are indoctrinated our self with repetitive thoughts. Most common negatives are I'm worthless, nobody like me, society is shit, girls/boys/parents don't like me. Problem is that mind is like harmonic oscillator. You are trying to resist but old beliefs coming back and again and again....but if you forcing springs in that oscillator they will break eventually. Start with I'm good for most of my life, everyone care about me. I care about everyone. Life is not just about me.....If you are God then you are creator of your world with the concepts you can understand.

The only lasting way, is what is already the ever-lasting actuality. You are awareness, believing awareness is aware of a separate self, which exists only in thought stories about a self, others, past & future. When you think that way about “your self”, sensational guidance (sensations) are saying “that’s not you! You’re right here!” At some point you added non-sense. Return to sense-a-tion, real-I-zation. Drop that separate self like a jacket you are a-wear-ing. Settle only for the actual-I-ize.

Dont get rid of the belief. OWN IT. 

“Im a bad person. Yes. Thats okay. Heres a few reasons why you think Im bad... and why thats okay“

You do realize that once you own a trait it has no power over you anymore. If someone told me “Youre blonde!” I wouldnt care because Im not denying it.

If someone told me I was blonde and I hated being blonde I would dye my hair, deny my blondeness and do anything to cover up my little strands. Thats what youre doing, its making you miserable. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Thanks all.

@Rilles I have a fear that if I own it it might entrench it deeper.  I could see how owning it would dissolve any neuroses from trying to suppress the "I'm bad" belief.  But the belief and behaviors would still come from that original belief, it seems to me.  I could give it a try.  

Cheers

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 Owning it, is noticing it’s your own chosen point of view.  Then be done with it, and chose a better perspective. One that actually feels good.