Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inder

No free will and Pure awareness

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, firstly i would like to say thank you everyone who replied to my previous posts, helped me understand difficult concepts like No free will,ego and survival.

As it was very depressing for me to here that news for first time that free will doesn't exist, but slowly after couple of months of deep self observation i can tell that we have no control on our thoughts, emotions,actions, desires, motivation level, will power, physiology, Reasons that  there is no self who can have control.

At this stage I'm just stuck on one thing, as we know we are pure awareness, 

I'm just wondering if pure awarness has free will to choice where to put awarness, i feel like i can put awarness on my feet, then move to head or anyother place, or i can choose to be aware of my thoughts instead of emotions, or aware of emotions instead of thoughts, does awarness has that kind a control or its just all illusion.

Hope you also help me with this one.

Thanks

@Inder hey man, welcome.

as pure awareness - nothing escapes your gaze. you need not put attention on something to be aware of it. you're already aware of everything in your awareness... just not consciousness of the fact that you are.

as pure awareness, you're simply aware of all happenings.

now here's something which can be very tricky...

ALL HAPPENINGS includes  :>> Inder (thinking he is speaking as pure awareness) asking:  i feel like i can put awareness on my feet, then move to head or any other place, or i can choose to be aware of my thoughts instead of emotions, or aware of emotions instead of thoughts, does awareness has that kind a control or its just all illusion.

so as pure awareness (the boded part above), you're simply aware of all that part after the " :>> " 

as pure awareness, you do nothing which happens in your experience. nothing whatsoever to alter or change the world or place your attention on feet or the sounds you hear... that is Inder doing all of that. and you're aware of Inder doing all that.

just like a reader, reading a book.

does the reader do anything but read the book? and all the happenings in the book simply happen as they are meant to be.

that's your position here. you're the reader, reading a book about inder and as the reader (pure awareness) you're currently reading the part about Inder discovering that what he really is, is pure awareness (reader)

but the message is for you the reader (pure awareness) and not inder... 

the point is to get you the reader/pure awareness to see that you have identified with Inder/character in the book.

just as we get fulled engrossed in a horror movie or a tragic movie and are afraid/sad as a result... all the while when we really know it is just a movie/story

same thing here.

you were/are always free... as the reader is free of the story of the book he reads. he is outside of it and not effected by it... simply aware of it... :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

You don't have a freewill as a separate body but you have a freewill as a GOD, see? 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Yes there is free will. Is called awakening the reptilian brain and do your will. Until then one is bound to anger.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Inder

If the ego does not have a free will, then whose will is all of this?

Is it free or not? It's beyond freedom.

It is aware of freedom and determinism. Nothing is even determined, it's already done. Immediately, if not before! xD

Edited by Truth Addict

I honestly still can't say whether we have free will or not.

Sure, everything affects everything else and there is no separate free will, which is very trippy,

and that does undermine definitely something fundamental we may have previously believed in..

As for totally no free will or not, I mean, isn't it a mystery how the one can be also, albeit in this dream, many, and how there are apparently separate minds as well, functioning electrically.

Still though, no separate free will is possible, that means you never have done something alone, but how does that change anything, aside from increasing a sense of unity, should be less or no shame then,but  if there still is some sense of Independence that seems to be there as well.

It may be frustrating to think about, but it does not have to be a problem, life is life, and in love or silence we can feel good.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Maybe if you direct your awareness to your feet you are not actually "moving" awareness.

Instead maybe you shift your attention to the awareness that is already in your feet.

love it :)

@Shiva

Love Is The Answer

@AlwaysBeNice there needs to be a separate individual entity to be choosing between choices/actions to have a free will right?

if you throw a rock down a steep hill... does it have free will about where it will fall and bounce off of and where it will land? 

asking if a person has free will is like asking if a rock which is thrown down a hill has free will.

that is to say, the question is invalid.

does a character in a book have any free will? 

before this can be answered, you must fill in the blank about: from whose point of view?

so, does a character in a book have any free will - from the POV of the author? NO. you read the book over and over again, the story will play out as it was meant to be/written.

so, does a character in a book have any free will - from the POV of the character? Yes. The character chooses his/her actions/words/thoughts etc.

replace above as follows: character = your ego, you | book = life | author = God

Love Is The Answer

4 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@AlwaysBeNice there needs to be a separate individual entity to be choosing between choices/actions to have a free will right?

if you throw a rock down a steep hill... does it have free will about where it will fall and bounce off of and where it will land? 

asking if a person has free will is like asking if a rock which is thrown down a hill has free will.

that is to say, the question is invalid.

does a character in a book have any free will? 

before this can be answered, you must fill in the blank about: from whose point of view?

so, does a character in a book have any free will - from the POV of the author? NO. you read the book over and over again, the story will play out as it was meant to be/written.

so, does a character in a book have any free will - from the POV of the character? Yes. The character chooses his/her actions/words/thoughts etc.

replace above as follows: character = your ego, you | book = life | author = God

Am I a character in a book? How does that compare to reality.

Yeah the rock might have some elemental play of consciousness in it.

As for intelligence, 'making the right choices', it's just magic essentially, love.

14 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Am I a character in a book? How does that compare to reality.

if you want analogies. then yes, you (@AlwaysBeNice ) are certainly a character in a book. Like Harry Potter who certainly has free will within the context of the book but no "free will" from the author's point of view... he will do what the author has written he will.

so, perspective is key when trying to understand free will... it's all relative.

now - as the character @AlwaysBeNice the key thing is to have this in mind... that the outcome of your actions are not in your hand... try your best to do whatever it is you're trying to do... but do not be attached with the result...

another way i like saying this is that live with the no free will understanding from your POV as @AlwaysBeNice such that you cannot use I HAVE NO FREE WILL in a court of law :)

actions will have consequences 

this understanding that whatever has happened in your life and whatever will happen is pre-destined allows you not to suffer from the past and your present circumstance ... it does not advocate that you remain standing in-front of an oncoming bus while crossing the street. 

and one key thing as a result of the deeper understanding is in your very name.... always. ALWAYS Be Nice :) knowing that other's are doing whatever they were meant to... take out the "me" from your thought stream... such that you're not saying He/She did this to ME... and instead say He/She did this or that... and instead of this happened to ME, say instead this happened  (no attachment to the happenings) 

live this way until the shift of perception happens wherein you begin to see that even when it is said this happened or he/she did this  that is a spontaneous occurrence - without any doing from YOU 

Love leads the way... always be nice :) 

Love Is The Answer

Thanks everyone, it was really helpful, I'm  getting more understanding about No free will now, just one more thing is depression common after releasing this truth?if yes how long it last for,and what are  future outcomes?

I feel no desire and motivation for life, all goals and desire seems useless, sometimes get suicidal thoughts.

Your will is gods will. You want to eat an Apple, god wanted to eat that apple. You want to slaughter a sheep, god wanted to slaughter a sheep. 

Its as simple as that. This is infinite will 

however when your talking about gods higher will then it is enlightenment. Henceforth enlightenment is only granteed to those who are ready for it. After ravaging through their gods own lower will needs. 

Moral of the story: do what you want bro it’s okay 

Edited by Aakash

free will vs no free will is a duality that needs to collapse.

4 hours ago, Inder said:

I feel no desire and motivation for life, all goals and desire seems useless, sometimes get suicidal thoughts.

Sounds like there are repressed emotions you need to work through.

Actually my father past way in feb in an road accident this year, after one month of that incident i discover about no free will, I'm having lots of mixed emotions about my fathers death and No free will.

Edited by Inder