Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

Vedanta Thread Shouldn't Have Been Locked

28 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Most time all those one sided lunatic ravings are validation seeking dynamic at work. So either by encouraging them or opposing them, we are only poking and validating that dynamic; and thats precisely what it wants!!

So we are really harming them by making that dynamic become more entrenched than supporting them or doing good to them.

Yes, but also keep in mind that not all people will encourage them. Some will be straightforward honest with them and hurt their ego with the truth, and some will be more gentle.

So, after the dynamic works itself out and is done, to whom do they lean? To the ones who supported them, of course.

Both tough love and soft love are required in order to grow perfectly. The intent is the most important factor, I believe.

Now, after you get them to like you, they will become more accepting and will listen to you whatever you say.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Leo GuraCould you program in some sort of "mirror/self-reflection tool" into the forum script between hitting the reply botton and before the post appears online? Just an idea....

Edited by Zweistein

6 minutes ago, yellowschnee said:

@DrewNows Freedom of speech

Well I’m sorry but the forum does have rules and people to enforce them

12 minutes ago, yellowschnee said:

@DrewNows Freedom of speech

Hell no.

Leo and the mods do a great job locking threads that require locking. 

If you have a thread locked, either heed the warning and advice or move on to another forum. Leo and the mods give plenty of opportunity for said person who had thread locked to learn from their mistake. 

I'd say considering the aims of this forum, Leo and the mods are very patient with many. 

@Bill W what was the reason for locking the vedanta thread ?what was the mistake in the thread ?

I agree the forum is having a greater cause mods are patient and defenitely certain threads needs locking all that is fine.

But what if Leo is yet to realize what is being said ?

Leo thinks he is more realized than 40 years meditating zen monk - How leo can know that ?

Vedanta or many masters doesnt speak from the point of oneness.Oneness is an experience and not truth.

Leos description that the Absolute is love Absolute is good are clearly states of mind and not the Absolute.

Does taking weed and having some temp non dual experience though I never had (i tried weed 6-7 times but never non dual experience)will make one free from his bondages/conditionings ?

Leo says all desires are divine - Most realized masters say desires are illusions  bondage suffering they will never fulfill you.

But leo says morality and values are conditionings illusions and against them.

How convinient isnt it ????

Guess limiting spirituality to psychedelics is not healthy.

Can anyone for sure vouch that psychedelics will not have any harmful effects on the body - mind ?

How many have access to 5Meo ? 

Note Leos wisdom you are God you are free to do everything - do what ever you want but you will have to face the consequences is not defenitely what it is said - Freedom is not freedom for the mind to do what ever it wantd to but freedom from the mind ??? Absolute is neither the doer nor the experiencer.

The dangers of treating the body mind as god oneness as god alone is ??? 

To be simply put body mind cannot exist with out the Absolute but the Absolute doesnt require the body mind.

You are not the body mind then what world what oneness ???

Thats what said and the thread was locked ???

@Leo Gura

Edited by Jkris

6 hours ago, Jkris said:

@Bill W Freeedom is not freedom for the mind to do what ever it wantd to but freedom from the mind ??? Absolute is neither the doer nor the experiencer.

The dangers of treating the body mind as god oneness as god alone is 

@Leo Gura

Indeed. That right there is the bomb haha

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 hours ago, Jkris said:

what was the reason for locking the vedanta thread ?what was the mistake in the thread ?

@Jkris  Hi, I didn't read that thread. If anyone wants to know why a thread is locked they could speak to the moderator who locked it, but usually the reason is given at the end of the thread just before locking. They could always PM a moderator. They will point out the mistake/error and it can be corrected by starting a new thread or just dropping the issue. I think that's how it works pretty much?  I think sometimes also threads get locked through no fault of the OP of the thread.