Devansh Saharan

Sadhguru on psychedelics.

241 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, mandyjw said:

It's true as long as you fully realize your outer teachers and signs are all your "inner" guru. 

"A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?""

@mandyjw Make no mistake, my inner guru/spirit guide showed up......and showed up in a dramatic way. I have made more progress than I have dreamed possible by following my inner guru/spirit guide. My spirit guide showed me how to concentrate my mind, purify myself of aversions/ attachments, awaken my psychic abilities/siddhis, surrender and merge with the divine, etc, etc. My spirit guide talks to me and guides me constantly. My spirit guide sometimes answers my questions before I finish the sentence to ask.

You can keep your "outer" gurus. I dont need them.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 how did you met your inner guru? How can you differentiate  which is your ego and which is your inner guru?

Back to topic: Osho said it is up to you, meditate or take drugs.Both leads to results. just drugs have side effects so osho concluded meditation is better. But Osho further elaborates that if in future there would be drugs without side effect, it could help some people. Some people go to church, every weekend, some people take lsd on weekend, he said.

Edited by OBEler

There isn't a better or worse. Each method has its own unique pros and cons relative to your goals and situation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can we not at least agree on designing the structure of the forum better, and making it safer for the youth? I'm not against psychedelics, I'm against the attitude and way this forum just chucks psychedelics into it, like it's nothing. Make a psychedelic research separate forum. It needs that duality, because the talk can't always be about drugs, nobody wants to do any hardcore work, everyone wants sixpackshortcuts :(.

58 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Matt8800 how did you met your inner guru? How can you differentiate  which is your ego and which is your inner guru?

Your ego will play on your desires and aversions. Your inner guru will lead you to your death, so you can be reborn.

Fear of death is the reason why people ignore their inner guru, so it stays silent until one completely accepts their death.

Edited by Matt8800

44 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@Matt8800 This sounds like ego possibly confusing the inner self for a guide - and not that of a genuine spirit, as "spirit guides" will often not show up in dramatic ways.  They often enter into objects as well, it isn't an entirely internal process.

cordyceps1.jpg

But this isn't my call to make, I have a course I bought on how to determine which energies are which, I'll send it to you - it has some really good stuff.  You can lead yourself to figure it out, there's all sorts of good juicy stuff in there for reading different energies.

I cant tell you what your spirit guide will say or how it will interact with you. I only know my interaction with it.

If you dont think spirits can show up in very dramatic ways, it sounds like you dont know much about the occult. I can assure you they can show themselves however they choose.

Edited by Matt8800

54 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Leo Gura Can we not at least agree on designing the structure of the forum better, and making it safer for the youth? I'm not against psychedelics, I'm against the attitude and way this forum just chucks psychedelics into it, like it's nothing. Make a psychedelic research separate forum. It needs that duality, because the talk can't always be about drugs, nobody wants to do any hardcore work, everyone wants sixpackshortcuts :(.

If someone is an adult, they need to decide for themselves.

You are welcome to make the path as long and difficult as possible :)

@Matt8800 I like the pain and suffering accosted with growth, it's why I am so into bodybuilding and strength training.

1 hour ago, Matt8800 said:

@mandyjw Make no mistake, my inner guru/spirit guide showed up......and showed up in a dramatic way. I have made more progress than I have dreamed possible by following my inner guru/spirit guide. My spirit guide showed me how to concentrate my mind, purify myself of aversions/ attachments, awaken my psychic abilities/siddhis, surrender and merge with the divine, etc, etc. My spirit guide talks to me and guides me constantly. My spirit guide sometimes answers my questions before I finish the sentence to ask.

You can keep your "outer" gurus. I dont need them.

The only thing I'm trying to say is that there are no inner or outer gurus, we are one consciousness. 

I will take all the help I can get from anyone or anything anywhere. My "inner guru" if I have one is discernment about whether or not a sign or statement or person has something to teach me. But generally it doesn't show up strongly in my awareness if it doesn't, and if I have a negative reaction, that's a another lesson in itself. What I would describe as an inner guru is more of a gut feeling or sensation kind of system than something that speaks in language though. I have an inner voice too, but it's tricky because my own ego can confuse play an imposter role to anything that speaks words. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The only thing I'm trying to say is that there are no inner or outer gurus, we are one consciousness. 

I'm a spiritual whore, I will take all the help I can get from anyone or anything anywhere. My "inner guru" if I have one is discernment about whether or not a sign or statement or person has something to teach me. But generally it doesn't show up strongly in my awareness if it doesn't, and if I have a negative reaction, that's a another lesson in itself. What I would describe as an inner guru is more of a gut feeling or sensation kind of system than something that speaks in language though. I have an inner voice too, but it's tricky because my own ego can confuse play an imposter role to anything that speaks words. 

Yes, that can be a problem for a lot of people.

Nothing happens until you concentrate the mind. One method is to focus on a dot or candle very intensely. Eventually, your ego will dissolve. Its easier with psychedelics but can still be done without. Once your ego is dissolved through concentration, your inner guru/spirit guide can show up more easily. If any ego, attachments or aversions are coloring your awareness, you probably wont make contact.

Also, there are occult techniques that can increase your chance of making contact. Gurus are well aware of these techniques but most wont tell you. If they did, you wouldnt need them and they know that :)

Edited by Matt8800

1 minute ago, Garuda said:

They say that assholes and opinions are similar in that everyone has one :)

@Matt8800 You can use marijuana a few times, and you will have amazing experiences, but if you become addicted to it you will become a lizard brain loser, and most of you don't have the discipline to handle it. If you did, you would know to just not take it anyways.

25 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Matt8800 You can use marijuana a few times, and you will have amazing experiences, but if you become addicted to it you will become a lizard brain loser, and most of you don't have the discipline to handle it. If you did, you would know to just not take it anyways.

thoughts and concepts...thoughts and concepts...

The only thing that is real is the present moment as it flows. Everything else is just thoughts and concepts.

Edited by Matt8800

21 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

One method is to focus on a dot or candle very intensely.

That's interesting. I make glass beads for a living, and so I have spent thousands of hours focusing on a flame and molten glass, for the purpose of fun and making money, so who knows how much spiritual growth I've gotten out of it, except that I did notice way back before diving deep into spirituality that I wasn't actually making the beads myself. xD I've always been really drawn to fire though. 

There are so many things that came together to make me as awake as I am, that there is nothing or no one that I can point to. Methods dissolve into this beautiful sort of understanding that life is happening for you, as you are life and time never existed so of course everything "unfolds" perfectly, how could it be otherwise? I had a pretty amazing/disruptive awakening recently and I'm still trying to let go of the experiences, which are now memories and false standards of being in my mind. To me at least right now, I'm trying to er more towards living a mundane life than trying to have paranormal experiences. We're all just out for clarity, right? Sometimes clarity is a clear message and sometimes it's a blank still mind. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

That's interesting. I make glass beads for a living, and so I have spent thousands of hours focusing on a flame and molten glass, for the purpose of fun and making money, so who knows how much spiritual growth I've gotten out of it, except that I did notice way back before diving deep into spirituality that I wasn't actually making the beads myself. xD I've always been really drawn to fire though. 

There are so many things that came together to make me as awake as I am, that there is nothing or no one that I can point to. Methods dissolve into this beautiful sort of understanding that life is happening for you, as you are life and time never existed so of course everything "unfolds" perfectly, how could it be otherwise? I had a pretty amazing/disruptive awakening recently and I'm still trying to let go of the experiences, which are now memories and false standards of being in my mind. To me at least right now, I'm trying to er more towards living a mundane life than trying to have paranormal experiences. We're all just out for clarity, right? Sometimes clarity is a clear message and sometimes it's a blank still mind. 

Thats right....just let everything go. Concentrate the mind and dissolve all attachments and aversions.

14 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

thoughts and concepts...thoughts and concepts...

The only thing that is real is the present moment as it flows. Everything else is just thoughts and concepts.

Don't be a present moment hippie, please.

9 hours ago, Anton_Pierre said:

Don't be a present moment hippie, please.

Just trying to immitate the effortless  present moment nature of a dog all my life brah ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''